Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Reinforce Phoenix Base
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject:  Reinforce Phoenix Base Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was bored so I did a quick a dirty port of the first GDI mission to rewire. I had to replace most of the text triggers and such and the win condition doesn't seem to fire, but you can get to the point where you can play the mission. Still needs a fair bit of work but I thought I'd post it anyway in case anyone else wants to play about with it some more.

gdi01t.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gdi01t.zip
 Filesize:  34.63 KB
 Downloaded:  166 Time(s)

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting

I dont have RA2 installed, screenies would be nice if u have the time Smile

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll test this out at some point. I'm excited to see it. Gangster told me how to get FA2 to recognize the pallettes, I've just got to go in and change around some mix files. Awesome work though Blade.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking, it would be quite nice if the Demo missions for TS could be converted over as the de facto Rewire preview/test campaign Smile

Probably quite a bit of work though?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, that one was amazing! It got freezed on dropship sequence with my version (now I actually must find the reason why) butI have spent best 15 minutes of my life just staring on screen o.o

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange, I have installed RA2/YR plus rewire + Ares

But when I load this mission, the screen goes black and it says

'Establishing Battlefield control, standby'

and then I get
Fatal Error!

and the game crashes

Probably something I have done wrong if others can play it ok... Sad

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
I was thinking, it would be quite nice if the Demo missions for TS could be converted over as the de facto Rewire preview/test campaign Smile

Probably quite a bit of work though?

Which are the demo missions? I might take a look at them when I get chance.

Gangster wrote:
Oh, that one was amazing! It got freezed on dropship sequence with my version (now I actually must find the reason why) butI have spent best 15 minutes of my life just staring on screen o.o

The dropships don't drop anything for me, they just land and then fly off again. I haven't looked yet, but I'm guessing the unit names in the taskforce are different in RW than TS or the way the game handles taskforces with a transport has changed in YR.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:

Demo mission 1 'Initiation'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LmU9g0Dis0&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s
Demo mission 2 'Clean Sweep'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVa2rVE-UUA&feature=player_detailpage#t=18s

Interestingly the first mission was shown in a preview vid for TS before release. Yet the demo missions were not released until quite a few months after TS release and of course neither were included in the full game.

Here is the download
ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/tiberiansun/previews/demo

Edit: The person playing the demo missions in the video, has tried to complete them as quick as possible, not exploring half the map or triggering half the events explaining Tiberium lifeforms and such.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Interesting

I dont have RA2 installed, screenies would be nice if u have the time Smile

I agree with Smiffgig.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Blade wrote:

Demo mission 1 'Initiation'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LmU9g0Dis0&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s

Didn't realise you can turn light posts on / off like this. Doesn't work with the AlphaImage, but buildings with LightVisibility, LightIntensity, LightRedTint, etc can be turned on / off. Guess you learn something new every day.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Didn't realise you can turn light posts on / off like this. Doesn't work with the AlphaImage, but buildings with LightVisibility, LightIntensity, LightRedTint, etc can be turned on / off. Guess you learn something new every day.

Yeah, it's done in at least one mission in Firestorm, on Factory Recall. The green and red light posts in the Cyborg production plant go on and off depending on the production stage.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:

Yea they are quite trigger happy maps, I guess to show off TS (shame more of this type of stuff wasn't used in the final game)

A few things I noticed was, the ability to enter friendly Civilian units and the way the lightposts switch off in the Nod base when they are in low power.
Simple but effective

Edit: The only problem with having the original demo missions as the preview for TS Rewire is that it won't show off all the new features of rewire.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well there's the nostalgia factor, and that's pretty important

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
well there's the nostalgia factor, and that's pretty important

Yea I was thinking that when I suggested it.

Maybe a 3rd mission or a Nod mission(s) could be made with the main purpose of showing off a ton of Rewire additions?

Although I can suggest this, I don't know who would make these?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be down. Then again I'm already behind in my Odyssey mapping

The Team Black Index

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, here is a screen shot of the mission starting up. There are some tiles that haven't been made for RW yet so they are off pallet.

pheonix.png
 Description:
starting position pic
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  10080 Time(s)

pheonix.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooooh, this mod really looks fantastic. Are those god rays in the latest release? I remember saying I'd make some maps for this and I might definately have a go, if just converting some existing ones.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lighting makes my eye twitch, but otherwise looks encouraging

The Team Black Index

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work, Though it never made scene why this outpost is so important in the campaign.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon