Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Disk Laser Effects Limitations
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject:  Disk Laser Effects Limitations Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DiskLaser=yes ; new ring draw laser

This tag, we all know it (I think #Tongue), very few use it.

I have found that:

- At least the ring effect is not coloreable with the laser color tags, I think the beam itself neither has a sensitive color.

- No matter the warhead attached, the hit anim will be ignored; this means, no mattr what you list on AnimList= , it won't be seen ingame, just the laser effect and no hit effect at all.

Does anyone know if there is already any way to overcome this?

If not, I propose a project for next ares:

- Custimizable DiskLaser color (both beam and ring effect, separately)
Tags:
RingColor= R,G,B
RingLaserColor= R,G,B

- Fixed use of warheads so that hit anims are displayed properly.

Thoughts? Comments?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ring Laser is dependent on the LaserColor you specified on the Weapon.

DiskLaserChargeUp should also be considered otherwise all units which use DiskLaser will use the same report when charging up.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, what Atomic_Noodles said.
WHat we need for DiscLaser are two things: 1. Disc Charge up sound (should be per weapon) 2. Disc Anim on warhead.
Thats why people barely use disc laser weapon. Once it get fixed, I think there is more chance this disc laser ring effect to be used on more types of flying saucers.
You only need to remember that disc ring's size is fixed to fit original voxel size, so other flying saucers should have same size, otherwise if voxel is smaller, then ring will appear outside of voxel, if voxel is bigger, then ring will not be visible at all.
Maybe adding tag into weapon DiscRingMult= can be good idea too to fix this.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not too keen to fiddle with laser drawing or radius changes.

Making the DiskLaserChargeUp customizable should be easy (and of course it would default to the original behavior when not customized). The disk laser manually damages the target area, and it does not bother to create any animation.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
I'm not too keen to fiddle with laser drawing or radius changes.

Nah that was just ,,by the way" suggestion. Just open spreading idea nothing special or important. You have smarter things to do rather than messing with that.

AlexB wrote:
Making the DiskLaserChargeUp customizable should be easy (and of course it would default to the original behavior when not customized).

Yes, that is the best solution.

AlexB wrote:
The disk laser manually damages the target area, and it does not bother to create any animation.

I did not understand that, do you mean that it is intended to be that way? Or Westwood simply forgot/ did not bother to enable disk anim warhead because they did not intend to use it?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That meant that the Disk laser has duplicated code of the damaging code and the duplicate misses the AnimList handling.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, I see.

Any plans for changing it?

And I mean, it's not only for flying saucers... it is a nice effect for other things too (defense towers as a chargeup, land vehicle voxels, etc.)

But it's ugly that it doesn't recognize animations (and coders of the game did not intend for it to be that way necessarily - if you see, the disk warhead is separate and it does have hit animations), not much customization, etc.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar, I never though of defenses or ground voxels using that tag, most likely because it cannot be customized, but it is good idea actually

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have it for a unique ultimate walker with Burst=2 so it comes from two points and it works nice... except for the lack of customization of radious and hit animation in the warhead.

Maybe later I will take and add a screenshot.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yes. Burst 2, and FLH settings so it can come from two points. Nice idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon