Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ai - too hard for meee :)
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [80 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not just add the heal radius of 3 cells to the mobile sensor array and make it cost slightly more.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would make very little sense.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChronoSeth wrote:
That would make very little sense.

This, and TS doesn't have a simple way of "adding a 3 cell healing radius".

Mozdimester
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think ai is simply way too fast i ned to slowed down somehow or an ordinary player newer beats up the thing....

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI is still and constantly under construction. It will surely still take a while until we can call it "finish". Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mozdimester wrote:
i think ai is simply way too fast i ned to slowed down somehow or an ordinary player newer beats up the thing....

Adjust gamespeed. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep finding it funny that people still find even the easiest AI difficult. I would swear it isn't any harder then the TS Hard AI, which was a joke Confused I'll see what I can do though, but then you'll most likely get the problem that the difference between Easy and Medium/Hard is getting too big (and I'm not lowering the overall difficulty of all AIs).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'll just have to make the TI easy AI stupidly easy. #Tongue The diffefence between easy and the others doesn't matter, fans want and need an easiest setting.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fine by me #Tongue

Mozdimester
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: damn Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game is unplayeable due to
too fast and hateful approach of
a rusher type ai.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can destroy all AI just fine. they are just so easy because I always spam light infantries to hold the early rush then I build up tanks and destroy their base no problem.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
I can destroy all AI just fine. they are just so easy because I always spam light infantries to hold the early rush then I build up tanks and destroy their base no problem.

Until Vulcan Cyborgs or Scatterpacks show up #Tongue Although mostly at that stage I have either loads of my own Cyborgs or an heavy defence waiting for them.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, Nod is fine, however GDI is really really UNDERPOWERED. Makes no sense, their vehicles and aircrafts are suppose to be heavy armor and stronger firepower, yet Nod owns them. That is one reason why I don't like to play as GDI on TI. Unless their units get buff to balance it out.  Confused

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
GDI is really really UNDERPOWERED. Makes no sense, their vehicles and aircrafts are suppose to be heavy armor and stronger firepower

You don't read TI storyline, do you? Laughing

In TI, Nod is the ofc stronger side. Because Nod won TD, so they have the advantages.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI is not underpowered, I infact prefer to use GDI during TI games.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But still, when I send in a huge mass of GDI vehicles to destroy Nod Base. I only get to destroy like 2 or 3 of their structures and Nod Vehicles just wiped my army like in few seconds. Funny because when I play as Nod, I destroy most of Nod / GDI structures with my huge mass of Nod Vehicles. Odd indeed.

In Vanilla TS, the game was quite imbalanced, most players will go for GDI for speed and firepower while few will go for Nod. I predict that this game, most will go for Nod and few will go for GDI.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO Nod in FS is quite defensive more than offensive, other than artillery and tick tank i cant see any unit that good enough to use it effective when engage in huge battle and tech center unit like devil's tongue and stealth tank is a joke not worth for their tier at all.

for TI i think GDI T1-2 is really weak compare to Nod but in late game when you got Rail gun tank that's time to pay back.

but my problem on TI still about AI that too cheats in many way even i try to harass all of their harvester they away have money to spam them in no time.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
IMO Nod in FS is quite defensive more than offensive, other than artillery and tick tank i cant see any unit that good enough to use it effective when engage in huge battle and tech center unit like devil's tongue and stealth tank is a joke not worth for their tier at all.

for TI i think GDI T1-2 is really weak compare to Nod but in late game when you got Rail gun tank that's time to pay back.

but my problem on TI still about AI that too cheats in many way even i try to harass all of their harvester they away have money to spam them in no time.

Destroy their WF and CY then GG #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no their army is too bit than me that why all i can do is harass their harvester. #Tongue

**update**

i just try the last version with easy ai and i found they don't even need to harvest tiberium to get their army at all.  i try to looking for their harvester but cant see any of them and only 1 refinery they have in their base.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As discussed many times before, because of the way the TS (and in some way the RA2) AI is programmed, it can't work efficiently without cheats. Short said: without cheats the AI will run out of cash very quick, making it a rather boring game if you survive the first minutes. Hell, even with all the stuff we have you still notice when the AI has run out of its starting cash. If I could bring one feature of RA2 to TS, it would be the AIVirtualPurifiers, so the AI has a constant cash bonus instead of a single one at the start.

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Use My Modified Sup_BH_R Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recommend to use my modified Sup_bh_r.
Special feature is:
Upper left position is completely isolated from land access so you have time to build defense. Build sams as soon as possible if you play as Nod.

Feel free to modify and upload it for public pleasure.
Yap, AI is/are a bit difficult but that the fun part of this mod, is 'n it?

*Fight for Nod*
#Sniper  #2gunfire

GDI is suck as usual..... Muah ha ha ...
 Wink  Wink

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Use My Modified Sup_BH_R Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

luxycomplex wrote:
I recommend to use my modified Sup_bh_r.
Special feature is:
Upper left position is completely isolated from land access so you have time to build defense. Build sams as soon as possible if you play as Nod.

Feel free to modify and upload it for public pleasure.
Yap, AI is/are a bit difficult but that the fun part of this mod, is 'n it?

*Fight for Nod*
#Sniper  #2gunfire

GDI is suck as usual..... Muah ha ha ...
 Wink  Wink

Off topic?

Tbh, I don't mind playing with AIs even if they cheat, it is just that GDI are underpowered that is all. Yes, I know this game is all about Nod. But if Aro wants to make this game balance for MP then I think GDI should get their units stronger since they get wipe way too fast due to low life and weak firepower.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You think the Goliath is weak? It beats any Nod vehicle 1v1.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- ai cheat by have x3 money from harvest = fine
- ai have bonus status via difficult = fine
- ai skip tech tree to get any unit = fine
- ai instant replace destroyed structure = fine
- ai generate money from nothing = unaccepted

what ever strategy i throw to them will never work and it also not possible to get bigger army than them, from player look ven you have 4 harvester+2 refinery some time you still need to wait for money while ai can spam their unlimited army throw to us every 2 min.

- go to infantry = flame tank+turret eat them all
- go to tank = flame tank+turret still eat them
- go to air = ai away have 7+ AA turret in their base
- go to harass = never work since they can generate money and seem to have larger rate than normal harvesting.

and i dunno 3 ai flame tank can beat 4 Goliath and every infantry around like nothing i have no idea what to deal with this unit anymore how about reduce their damage vs vehicle for 50% from now?

and however i can beat AI some time with Nod but never beat them as GDI even on easy mode. it should be some way to force them tone their defense and number of army down, i think one reason that GDI harder to play than Nod is their unit design force to engage in close combat that will never work if enemy have more number than them specialize when vs money gen AI but i think they should be fine if you play vs human.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more harvester than refinery=bad
the harvs will block each other, because one standing next to the refinery waits for a second very far away harvester to dock there first.
Always build only refineries.
During the time you build a second harv, you can then build tanks instead.
Less than 4-6 refineries is nothing. Then a second warfactory and you can outproduce the AI.

Use q-move to stay outside the range of units like the flame tank.
A single goliath can destroy 2-3 flametanks. If you're lucky, the flametank explosion will kill even more enemy units

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just done some match and found GDI ai on easy mode is alot easier than Nod. :p

i don't know how you micro Goliath to win 3 flame tank but the last game i play 3 flame tank kill 4 Goliath and still have 1 survive with red HP bar. i don't know if it better to remove bonus status from ai difficult [but i not sure if this is hard code].

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:

- ai generate money from nothing = unaccepted

The AI doesn't do this, it just starts with an huge-ass starting cash bonus (about 40x for Hard afaik) Confused
Holy_Master wrote:

and however i can beat AI some time with Nod but never beat them as GDI even on easy mode. it should be some way to force them tone their defense and number of army down, i think one reason that GDI harder to play than Nod is their unit design force to engage in close combat that will never work if enemy have more number than them specialize when vs money gen AI but i think they should be fine if you play vs human.

Nod has the big advantage of having a decent artillery, compared to the crapshot MRLS Walker of GDI which can barely outrange an Obelisk. GDI has to take the offensive while Nod can hang back and pound the base into dust with artilleries (with a force or small outpost to defend the artilleries). Another advantage of Nod is that their tier 2/3 infantry (cyborgs) are a good alternative to vehicles, while GDI's main anti-ground inf the Disc Thrower (imho their main anti-ground inf) has the major disadvantage of exploding on death, making them useless in large groups (although Pyros are still worse on this matter).
For me, the only way to win as GDI is to spam Goliaths and/or Railgun Tanks. And if you find even a few artilleries in the enemy's base, you will have an hard time. If you'd ask me, GDI needs something like the FS Juggernaut. But it's up to Aro and LKO to decide on that, and they choose the MRLS Walker.

Maat Himself
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just wanted to back track a bit and say thanks Aro for the AI file! I like this new easy way more. haven't tested medium or hard yet though with this new file.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yesterday. i won the game just because i spam mortar trooper than it impossible to touch their base...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright here is how you do it. First, take off those complain pants. Those, and pants in general holds EVERYONE back.

I play EXCLUSIVELY as Nod, against 7 other AIs. The 8 player FFAs are IMMENSE, on Hardest difficulty level.

You have to try to engy rush to win. Get all your starting units over to the closest starting position asap, pin them in, and engy rush their bar with some soldiers for back up at the same time. NO MORE INF SPAM from the AI for a bit. QUICKLY build another engy from that captured barr, then capture the CY. Then try to capture the rest of the base before the AI sells it.

BOOOOOM. one down, 6 more to go.

- - -

Of course this strategy has alot of factors to consider. Mainly, if the starting position is too far away from yours, u may have to just settle for their CY, then sell it, and retreat. The rest of the enemies will be after you, most likely.

You might have 3 guys sending waves of infantry at you from the start, from all diff angles. You will need the early arties asap, get that muthafuckin Radar dome up NOW.

Then you need those mobile sams too, build them on the side in conjunction with the arties and tanks. Always build tanks, arties and AA, and economy.

Thats all you basically need. Wicked economy (tonnes of harvesters, refs, silos), Radar tech and LOTS AND LOTS OF UNITS. NEVER STOP BUILDING UNITS. Don't bother teching up from radar level yet, not enough money, yet. Don't bother making too many defenses, maybe some SAMS.

If you can get that killer rush in asap, that will help you immensly. Hell if you can actually keep that captured base, and if it happens to be a GDI one, well bada bing bada boom, both GDI and Nod tech.

It's tough to build two bases at once, so don't, unless NO ONE is attacking you. It can happen, the AI is random enough that it might not bother you at the start, and will ztype with the other AIs instead for awhile, before it finally sniffs you out.

- - -

Basically, good luck. Build up a nice blob of stuff, but don't keep them too close together! Supers, and bombing runs will kill them all, and you'll have to start ALL OVER. Just always have lots of AA, lots of artillery, lots of tanks.

That is how you beat this crazy ztyping AI. You build up THE biggest god damn satan praise mass of tanks and artillery, and start pounding on an enemies base's border. Do NOT send in your tanks. You just get close enough with a lot of artillery (by this time, after defending and expanding economy for a while, you will have teched to Tech center status, and have mole artilley), as much artillery as you can, deploy them, defend them, and just wait for stuff to die. The AI will send teams to attack your arties, obviously - thats why you have a wall of tanks and mobile AA to intercept any attempts to destroy your artillery.

Then use your super weapons, banshee runs but only if the power is down, until there is a nice big hole in the AI's base, so you can move your entire army forward, right into their base, but be CAREFUL! Inch it slowly, one cell at a time, scout out the whole perimeter, then bring everything closer without getting them killed. If you see other AIs sending stuff into your target's base, don't bother moving your forces up. Let the other AI do the grunt work.

The rest is up to you! I LOVE THIS GAME. TS has never looked so ztyping cool. Can't wait for MO 3.0. YR had never looked so cool.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum