Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
The Second Tiberium War
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject:  The Second Tiberium War
Subject description: April 2013 Progress Update
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(This project has now been archived is no longer being worked on)

Hello all, I have been working silently on my mod and have a few things to update! I value your input concerning what to improve and I have done just that. Here are the main suggestions I received:

#1 A lack of maps
It is my intention to have a full list of 20+ maps all made by me, but to create maps and a mod around them takes time. I will continue adding more with each update untill I reach my goal. There was also a lack of urban style maps which I will remedy aswell.

Twin Peaks - A 2v2  island map

Grassy Gnoll - Remake of the classic map

Unstable Infection - New 5 player map with plently of npc's and tiberium monsters

Return to Arrakis - A Dune 2000 inspired map

#2 Subterrainean units were removed
I had originally removed Subterrain units since I had also removed pavement making them quite overpowered. I will be bringing them back but balancing them properly without the need for pavement as a defense.

Shredder - Inspired from the Red Alert 3 Grinder also serves as nods subterrainean vehicle.

Tier 2
Cost: 950
Armor: Light

#3 Not enough units choices
I am adding a new unit to both GDI and Nod and improving upon the originals. I will be doing many changes to the original units including voxels and audio changes to better improve on each and make each as unique as possible.

MCV - I always felt it was way to small and poorly detailed so I created a brand new design to replace the old while keeping the Conyard feeling.

Mammoth Tank

Amphibious APC

Banshee

Orca

Disruptor

In addition to these, all units will have scaled, shaded, and replaced voxels as well as infantry visual improvements. New selection audio and firing sounds will be added to give more variety.

I will continue to post as the mod progresses, thanks for taking interest in the Second Tiberium War! Smile

Last edited by Aydra on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like your maps.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As usual everything is of fantastic quality. Very Happy  Return to Arrakis and Unstable Infection look like particularly fun maps.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some missing remap areas on the Banshee but overall ace work as always.

Another thing you can opt to make Subterranean Units less overpowered is by making them move more slowly underground and making Pavements cheaper.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like your MCV design. It's like a weird homage to the TD one while simultaneously being the TS one... very nice.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a better view of the MCV:

Aydra new MCV.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Viewed:  10247 Time(s)

Aydra new MCV.gif

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That MCV is epic.

Shame on Mammoth Tank tho, it seems still lacking in comparison.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon