Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
finally played C&C4
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject:  finally played C&C4 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF.
WHY THIS GAME IS C&C???

wtf.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  470.83 KB
 Viewed:  7517 Time(s)

wtf.gif

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How you dare to touch this crap?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only way I will ever touch that game is when I put a hook on my left hand and start sailing the seas, if you know what I mean.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for that video. This made this shit thread worth reading. LMAO.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Only way I will ever touch that game is when I put a hook on my left hand and start sailing the seas, if you know what I mean.

What if you got it for free? And I don't mean with a five finger discount.

Steam

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played it a few times when it was in the beta version..
Even though it was free, they still had to beg people to play it.
I remember thinking "well it's only the beta, I'm sure it will get better" buuuuuut it never did.

Then they went and cancelled Tiberium, IMO the most promising C&C game in EA history..
/fanboy soapbox

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnC 4 was a silly one.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
RP wrote:

What if you got it for free? And I don't mean with a five finger discount.

Depends... I might not activate it, so I can sell it again. Most likely I would play it anyway, as long as I don't have to pay for a failure.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the upside of CnC 4 we get to rip some useful sounds #Tongue but yeah it sucks game play wise.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly C&C4 voicequality is plain. Except some sets, most sounds the same.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CC4 not worth the time to waste game time on. Mobile bases wars and no tiberium spreads. Wtf? It most lamest game EA ever came up with.

Its a no wonder why it cost $9.99 in the stores here in America...

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Sadly C&C4 voicequality is plain. Except some sets, most sounds the same.
really, even the voice overs are crap?, is there anything even slightly good about C&C4. Never played it myself, don't think i really want to

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SFX is okay, but voices are overcompressed and too many roles were taken by the same people. Most linesets are also dull after KW's.

Heck, some of the beta sets are more awesome than the final ones. Beta Spider tank for example.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did finish the game twice :p. Even on GDI and Nod and played some MP. I know I'm :crazy:

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

best was the multiplayer, not having unlocked units against an  enemy coming with kodiaks.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea....this was one of those 'oh hey it's really cheap on Steam today...I guess I'll buy it' and then played for 1 hour and have never...ever opened it again. And probably will never play it again unless I run out of other things to do in my life or they come out with a 'we're so sorry update' eventually that completely changes the game to something decent.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

I got it for $0.00... without a download. xD

Steam

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You were ripped off.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Zero18 wrote:

I got it for $0.00... without a download. xD

Hax...

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
best was the multiplayer, not having unlocked units against an  enemy coming with kodiaks.

That's was a epic moment  Very Happy

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O-bolt: you made my day xD, yeah furry queen you totally got ripped off #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, they could just do what they did with RA1 and be like
"That was a failed experiment.. it's not really part of the canon lulz"

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me, Erastus and a few others got to beta test it so we knew it was shit in advance. Very Happy

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Sat May 11, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Link to that video?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
Link to that video?

You realy think EA has not removed it already, if the mod's agree i can post a link of the original source of those videos tho

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but offline skirmish requiring internet connection is completely pointless. Its no fun.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
Anderwin wrote:
Link to that video?

You realy think EA has not removed it already, if the mod's agree i can post a link of the original source of those videos tho

Send it at PM

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Warning: Picture removed due to requests from Electronic Arts! The game is under NDA, therefore you must not reveal these things in the web. Dont' use PPM for this purpose. Thank you for your comprehension and sorry for any inconvenience.]

[Warning: Picture removed due to requests from Electronic Arts! The game is under NDA, therefore you must not reveal these things in the web. Dont' use PPM for this purpose. Thank you for your comprehension and sorry for any inconvenience.]

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Sat May 11, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the terrain looks nice.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are really stupid tbh #Tongue

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it might not be the best idea to spread those pictures.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It says 'Alpha Previev' at the top right. So ztype you EA, get a hold of your testers, we're doing nothing wrong.

/ppm/'s stupidity

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1: Uh pretty much the same as gens

2: So?

3: Names a name.

4: ... what the ztype do you think the things that built the buildings in the first generals were? Dildos?

Stop looking for the dumbest reasons to pick apart generals 2. The game is going to suck as is - it doesn't need stupid criticisms.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomson, you are really nuts with what you are doing.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
GLA's resource collectors are slaves dragging horse carriages, to think they could at least get a vehicle for that,  when they collect resources they choop the ground like peons choop wood in WC3
Apa's supply trucks are jeeps
Warmaster Tank what was wrong with battlemaster  Confused
EU dozer is called a Bulldozer - aren't those things meant for terring down buildings not building them
ea's lack of creativity knows no bounds i guess

The GLA should now have a vehicle because they have higher tech I see in Generals 2.

What about the OIL?! Even infantry cost oils, kinda stupid!

What is it with all the Tiberium linked stuff like Railgun tank, and some others names I do not remember right now.

The infantry in this game is harder and more effective than some tanks Laughing.

I will NEVER get this game, I will so pirate it. It's not worth to have the CNC name at all!

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never liked General that much, but that "always-online" is going to be an pain in the butt for people, like it was with the new sim-city with the servers always full; well the graphics looks nice at the least.

Talking about C&C, what happened to that one that was web-browser based?

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
I will NEVER get this game, I will so pirate it. It's not worth to have the CNC name at all!

You don't pirate something that's free. Come on. This is just the stupidest thing I've read in quite a while.

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"EU psi... err build range" is surely pretty much the same as build-radius from previous C&C's, going back to the late 90's, right?

"EU dozer is called a Bulldozer" would firstly imply that "dozer" was not short for "bulldozer" in the first place (which in my opinion is pretty darn plank-like, IQ-wise), and would secondly be the most weak-ass argument ever as to why Generals 2 is bad.

"Gunships look like Banshees"?  Well shit, son.  I sure hope nobody else has ever thought of putting the engines on the sides like that!  (That's a  ton of links to other aircraft which have been designed by the same rules of cool.)
It doesn't even look very much like the Banshee - the fuselage is much less bulky, and the rotors are attached in an entirely different way.

And calling "resource collectors" the sole preserve of Starcraft does a disservice to nearly every single RTS.

Except Dawn of War.  That one used capturable nodes for resource generation.  Which I would like to point out is still not an idea which is native only to the DoW franchise.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As somebody said above, please, do not spread pictures from games where you violating the contract that you signed to play it. I mean, if the game is under non-disclosure agreement, you shouldn't post pictures. Somebody has reported to EA CIRE and he kindly requested me to remove the pictures. So, please, do not re-add it or I'll have to take stronger measures against it.

By the way, this new C&C game will be free to play, so there is no reason to pirate it at all. Just play it without buying any item/faction/unit/whatever is sold there.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As for railgun, if you made even a basic research on the subject you'd find out that that it's actually a real thing, albeit currently impractical as an actual weapon, so it's not something that was invented for Tiberian Sun. Admittedly railguns are not portrayed very realistically in most video games (the plausibility of using one as a weapon nonwithstanding, the visual appearance is usually more reminiscent of some sort of energy weapon) and that includes pretty much all C&C games where weapon with such name has appeared.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Alert 3 had a gimmick for the building as well not many people batted an eye...

Tbh the EU Build Style is very similar as you need to build a Power Array.

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds did it too iirc. Power Cores could be built and any of your buildings in its radius got its production boosted by a percentage or in some special cases like the Shield Generator, made that building function.

Side-mounted Rotors/Engines are a realistic and working design in RL.

So 'Resource Collector' is now copyrighted and trademark of Blizzard then?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not right to reserve a word as a trademark. Its illegal to reserve a generic word.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Anderwin wrote:

You don't pirate something that's free. Come on. This is just the stupidest thing I've read in quite a while.

Laughing

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Anderwin wrote:

Generals 2 will not be free with SP part.

Edit: Kinda funny at EA will stop spreading pictures of this bad games, so people need to download it before they see the crap xD

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm reserving my opinion of Generals 2 until I see it and/or play it

The Team Black Index

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides if it was a beta then of course its still in being improved upon. (Hopefully)...

Speaking of Gens 2... Are the voices any good yet? Or are they still "dev team voicing the units" stuff?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the dev team voiced them, then I'd be glad having such great talents in my dev team. However the quality of the voices is worse than my brother's headphone.

Really, compared to them any and every one of my VA quality are perfect. Seems like they're in 8khz or something.

I just hope this is the same trolling just how Javelin's voice was in RA3 beta... in the beta it was LQ and noisy but ended up cleaned out at release.

=======================

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum