Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Help needet.
Moderators: blubb
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject:  Help needet. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allright, i'm ready to release what i consider a "working" good and stable release of TS². The only thing that would need fixing, and that has no viable solution now is the Tech-Sell bug. Aside from that i'm balance testing and pretty much happy about the rest.

However, there are things i can't do alone, such as , making it standalone and ideally having a "launcher" for the programm that is connected with the Cncnet lobby to give the comfort that is needet.

If anyone wants to help me out with this issue i'd greatly appreciate it.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making it stand-alone is easy (it's just a matter of having only all necessary files present and NoCD-cracking the game.exe file), but to be honest it's not something that seems preferable for TS² considering most of the files it uses are come from Vanilla TS.
Stand-alone mods make the most sense when most of the files that are used by the mod are not included with the original game, but FAFAIK TS² still uses at least 75% of all original files.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Making it stand-alone is easy (it's just a matter of having only all necessary files present and NoCD-cracking the game.exe file), but to be honest it's not something that seems preferable for TS² considering most of the files it uses are come from Vanilla TS.
Stand-alone mods make the most sense when most of the files that are used by the mod are not included with the original game, but FAFAIK TS² still uses at least 75% of all original files.

that may be true but there's a considerable amount of additional files with the mod, all in all it's just for comfort reasons, "download, unpack, play" all without having a pre-installed TS on your PC. thats why i was thinking it would be more attractive,also having cnc net being installed seperately would be too much unneccessary trouble.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you could still include CNCNet without making it stand-alone and to make the mod more organized, you could put only 3 of the mod's files in the main TS dir (the executable, Language.dll and SUN.ini; all renamed of course) and then put all other files in a subdir (I could help with that).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Well, you could still include CNCNet without making it stand-alone and to make the mod more organized, you could put only 3 of the mod's files in the main TS dir (the executable, Language.dll and SUN.ini; all renamed of course) and then put all other files in a subdir (I could help with that).

would be greatly appreciated, because i have...nooo clue about that :/

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon