Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Tiberian Sun: Reborn trailer.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject:  New Tiberian Sun: Reborn trailer.
Subject description: 2030 starts 2013 sounds like a mistake in maths!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell Productions has posted a trailer of Tiberian Sun: Reborn, a standalone modified Renegade that brings the Tiberian Sun universe on it. The trailer is called 2030 starts 2013. For those who have never played Tiberian Sun, 2030 is the year where both Nod and GDI campaigns of the game starts. And what can you expect from it? The movie is quite clear about it, check it out:

Visit TS: Reborn project forum at Blue Hell Productions to find out more about it.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow... They're actually still at it Razz

I gotta be honest though... If this was released 5-10 years ago I'd surely have ended up at least trying this mod, but nowadays the game mechanics and visuals of Renegade are just too hideous to put up with.

If only they'd move to the CryEngine, Unreal engine or something comparable they'd be able to create a much better product... but given the fact it would require them to make much higher quality models and the coding is entirely different, it's unlikely that'll happen.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, I can't say I give a ztype about Rebarn anymore for the same reasons Bittah stated.

It's a dated engine with so many flaws. It's a mod which has been revived, reinvented, and redone more time than you can shake a stick at, and it still is in a ztyping beta stage.

The only thing Rebarn can do that would make it exciting would be a release with all features, a huge graphical overhaul, and intensive advertising. I have no faith in this mod getting released, especially like it's supposed to be after that horrendous infantry beta.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"If only they'd move to the CryEngine, Unreal engine or something comparable they'd be able to create a much better product... but given the fact it would require them to make much higher quality models and the coding is entirely different, it's unlikely that'll happen"

I agree Bittach. But people usually settle in with modding a game, then when a new game arrives with a better engine its like they have start all over again, so it's a tough decision, plus they have to learn modding the new engine, Even tho the graphic are bad but you gota give them A+ on effort, also not everybody mods professionally somewhat..In short lets be appreciative to get some good mods for renegade rather than no good mods at all..

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it looks okay. But, ya know there is another Renegade game called Black Dawn? It is based on Unreal tournament engine, and I have to say, that Black Dawn Renegade is way better because of higher quality and more features.

That mod is good because the models they worked on making new vehicles, structures and infantries is alot of work. So yeah, they put alot of effort in making the mod. Can't wait to play it once it is out for curiosity.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black Dawn was the little SP release from Renegade X, right?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, dang, it would actually be really awesome in the cryengine *_* (which if i remember if free for people to use and greate an game based on it if it get released for free, of course some pc's wouldn't be able to run it as it can be quite "heavy", while renegade's....well, you know.

And I don't even think they would have to take soo much work, couldn't they slightly copy paste the terrain and models they already have despite the differences with polygons and all?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well there is already that TS mod being made for Crysis Wars - Tiberian Genesis.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Genesis is beautiful...  Shocked

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I also came across that mod yesterday. It looks promising, although judging from the latest video, vehicle behavior is a bit glitchy...

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. i feel sorry for renegade modders😣.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe so, but especially in the case of FPS games it's a risk you'll have as a modder and if the engine you're working with has nothing that's innovative compared compared to other engines, using that engine for your mod isn't a very good idea.
Because FPS games always have had a focus on trying to look somewhat realistic (in the best way they could at the time anyhow), FPS games end up looking dated much quicker than for example RTS games.

TS Reborn's development was started in 2004, which was 2 years after Renegade's release and although the development wasn't started that late after the game's release, Renegade already quickly starting to look dated even then. They made a first public release in 2008 which wasn't very memorable from what I recall (I only remember there being a video of a weapons test and there being few or no vehicles), which was already 6 years after Renegade's release and then we heard almost nothing until now (5 years later; 11 years after Renegade's release).
Given the amount of work they still had left, they should've made the decision to move to a different engine right after that release in 2008, considering they should've known that it's much harder (unless you're a fanatic) to appreciate an FPS for being a classic than it is for an RTS.
Bu7loos wrote:
In short lets be appreciative to get some good mods for renegade rather than no good mods at all..

We can appreciate it all we want, but that won't change the fact that most people won't ever play it. I do appreciate the effort, but I wish they'd just have used an engine that's actually worth playing on.
Still, the remaining Renegade (and A Path Beyond) players (no idea how many they are, but I'm sure there's still a bunch) will surely play TS Reborn quite a bit when it comes out.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's obviously not true about FPS games, especially Renegade. Clearly it wasn't trying to look realistic. And what about Team Fortress 2 and all those other cartoony FPS? The only the shitty thing about Renegade is the stick men. I just find it impossible to hit anyone.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's FPS games that intentionally try to look cartoony, but Renegade is certainly not one of them.
With trying to make it look realistic I'm also mainly talking about the environment (such as grass, trees, civlian buildings, etc.), rather than the sci-fi elements.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell really should try to get APB back on radar, rather than trying to get Renebarn back to life. At least the first one was actually fun.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, I'll still try this.

snow93
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whenever I remember to check on my C&C news, it seems something has magically happened in the past couple of days. Especially this time. Maybe I won't have to wait another 8 years for Reborn!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
There's FPS games that intentionally try to look cartoony, but Renegade is certainly not one of them.
With trying to make it look realistic I'm also mainly talking about the environment (such as grass, trees, civlian buildings, etc.), rather than the sci-fi elements.
Bright green grass isn't realistic. It's like Halo, you can't say that's ever tried to be as realistic as Call of Duty.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

idk at least motherfuckers in halo don't take 30 bullets and then kill their shooter with a knife across the chest in some magic bullshit.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love renegade even to this day, and w3ds one of my favourite engine ever.

Also call of duty is immencely unrealistic. I mean what army throws knives and axes at people?. And how come i can put a magazine from a assualt rifle in someone without them even going "ow", if you'd been shot you wouldn't be able to keep running and shooting at people like nothings happened. Plus how come when someone lobs a grenade a arrow comes up telling me where it is, that oveusly wouldn't happen in real life. Also in real life you wouldn't  have the rights to call in a tactical nuclear strike, infact you woupdn't get any kind of bonus strikes, helicopters, or uav ect just for killing a certain amount of enemys, thats not how it works in reality

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As Omega said, it's indeed dang-hard to hit in renegade/APB/and probablt reborn, really virtually stick-man strange hit-boxes I say, I just hope it doesn't get an simple rush-game and then overkill the other team as apb got. -_-

But LOL dodgevipergts, not that i really like COD or anything, but really man, you complaining about the ztyping arrows that guide you where the grenade will go as not realistic, well no shit Sherlock, they're meant to be an guide, I don't know how they trajectory works, but in gears of war, they're different, than let's say, Halo which is different than Renegade, it's only natural they add that, it's not meant to be realistic, it's meant to be fun;

There are a billion of things that don't relate to anything someone would do in real life, like I don't know, using an sniper in close range by using something called an "quickscope", every game it's like that nowadays, even our friend battlefield 3, soo don't expect them to be real or not, but enjoy playing, they tend to get better, soo don't worry.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just hate it when people say cod or bf3 are realistic. Massivly more realistic games i can think of are red orcheatra 2 and arma 2

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

<3 CoD. It pwnage all Gamez. Smile

I rather to play sci-fi games than realistic because its more interesting and fun. Especially I like Black Ops and World at war. They should have added more missions to campaign. I finish them all less than 2 days on veteran level. (Me l33t at that game.)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems everyone is misinterpreting what I meant with looking realistic. What I was talking about is that they generally try to make FPS games visually realistic. In other words, they try to make trees look somewhat like real-life trees as best as they can and FPS focus on making things look real-life-like a lot more than RTS games do.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, so was I Bittah.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PLAY THE GAME WITH ME WHEN IT COMES OUT Very Happy

I've gotten used to the shooting in the Renegade egine. IMO it is not that hard for infantry to kill other infantry with accurate shots, without missing a thousand times.

I understand the stick figure argument, and it can get frustrating when your aim is off by a pinch, but I think it is incredibly easy to land hits in this game, what with no recoil, predictable spread, predictable everything! Thats why people loved sniping in Renegade.

For Reborn the sniping mechanics are different (IE no ramjets). APB recently cut out their only sniper unit too. At least that one wasn't a ramjet.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!