Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
PrimaryFLH and SecondaryFLH
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject:  PrimaryFLH and SecondaryFLH Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing around with these to get the right position for the bullets to come out when unit is firing. I'm quite confused with this, I'm not sure if this is the right pattern for it. (like x,y,z)

When i change something like this.
Code:

PrimaryFLH=32,16,200

to...

Primary FLH=64,16,200

It instead move the bullet starting position left. I thought the starting number is meant to move the position forward? Then center number is for the width, and then last number is for the height position? I need some clarify on this.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it's length, width & height. 200 is probably too high up, because of that the other two could seem to look out of place.

Last edited by Mig Eater on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a tutorial regarding FLHs

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
FLH stands for Forward, Lateral and Height and the distance is measured in leptons. This is an engine specific scale unit, that is not related to the size of a voxel or a pixel.

-There is no way to calculate the correct FLH value.
-To find the right FLH values you have to trial and error and look each time ingame, if the value is correct.

It's just a trial and error. Which of your units has that FLH?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m666 @ FreedomStudios wrote:
It's worth noting that one voxel is worth 6 leptons. And FLH is generated from the center of the unit.

If you open your voxel file in HVA builder, you can find the center of the voxel. From there, you can get an accurate method to count how many voxels tall, wide, and long from the center of the voxel. After you count your voxels up, you can multiply each number out. IE, 10 voxels up and 40 voxels long gives you a FLH of 60,0,240. Naturally, you may have to adjust this for barrels that may be partially hidden within the turret and other special cases.

This method describes works wonders for the stock scale of units. But if you are using a modified scale unit, it's simple enough to recalculate the FLH. Find your FLH as mentioned above, but instead of leaving it as-is, you must do a bit of math. Find the stock scale value and your new unit scale. Find the percent change from stock to new scale value, and multiply the values of the FLH. IE, a 60,0,240 FLH with a 10% smaller scale would yield you a 54,0,234 roughly.

LKO says it's impossible because SHPs mess it up.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This method describes works wonders for the stock scale of units.
What's the stock scale? Almost every voxel uses different bounds to scale it into the right dimensions.
IE, 10 voxels up and 40 voxels long gives you a FLH of 60,0,240.

10 voxel up and 40 voxel long would give a FLH of 240,0,60.

Graion Dilach wrote:
LKO says it's impossible because SHPs mess it up.

er, what? wrong topic?
FLHs work perfect on SHPs (given the SHP is rendered correct in ingame isometric view)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titan says hi. And you acknowledge it.

Stock scale is 2.7 in TS and 3.54 in RA2. Go open VXLSE.

And not every voxel. Most voxellers used stock scales AFAIK.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, but I still cannot get it that after all those years there is no still a tool/program or Voxel Editor/View/HVA Editor version addition which will create correct FLH coordinates from center.
And we need that the most, that will save a lot of precious time, because nobody could manage to get perfect coordinates from first settings. Especially from those new oversized voxels.
Banshee made a tons of features in Voixel Section Editor and still there is no such thing.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because such a tool needs tons of other stuff in the background which still doesn't exist and needs lots of coding. It isn't just adding a simple formula to VSE.

a) you need a renderer which renders a vxl exactly the same as the game. VSE, HVA-Builder, Voxel-Viewer, FinalSun etc all ignore completely the voxel bounds and render vxl with a fixed scaling.
b) for correct PBarrelLength, TurretOffset etc it not only has to read the ini keys, but also use the offsets from the hva
c) it has to work on SHPs and VXL. No tool exists that can handle both formats.
d) a correct formula needs to be found. A voxel being 6 leptons is only approx. right and not a fixed value.
e) write the frontend, the backend from a-d and then you have your tool

Then see this amount of work and compare it with the ridiculous amount of work of starting the game 3 times to find the correct FLH. Last one is fast enough and not worth the hassle. (ok in RA2 it's a bit more annoying due to the damn slow menu and long loading times. In TS finding the right FLH is done in less than a minute)

Public SHPs

Tools

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this now. But another question popped up out of my mind. If I have a voxel with two barrel that is very wide apart from each other and fires 2 burst. I want to make it to be able so that it will fire one bullet on right side and next bullet on the left side.

I don't want single FLH position for all burst on some voxels.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
a) you need a renderer which renders a vxl exactly the same as the game. VSE, HVA-Builder, Voxel-Viewer, FinalSun etc all ignore completely the voxel bounds and render vxl with a fixed scaling.

Yes, I though of that only to be enough, to show you model of ingame in FLH mode, and when you click anywhere with cursor it will automatically show you all three coordinates (model here has only purpose of viewing, so you know where to click with cursor)
Well hasn't Voxel viewer option to view from Game RA2/TS aswell HVa editor? or its just view from game perspective, no rendering to actual size in game?

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
b) for correct PBarrelLength, TurretOffset etc it not only has to read the ini keys, but also use the offsets from the hva

Wel, I though of simplest version without it. When we open Magnetron in hva editor, we do not see its TurretOffset=100 in rulesmd, therefore we need manually to set it behind for screenshoting or any other purpose.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
c) it has to work on SHPs and VXL. No tool exists that can handle both formats.

Well, for voxel or hva editor only voxel file type. Simplest version, again.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
d) a correct formula needs to be found. A voxel being 6 leptons is only approx. right and not a fixed value.

Yes, but still, does not need to be 100% accurate as we do not have any at moment. Even little inaccurate better than entering game again and again until you find correct FLH.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
(ok in RA2 it's a bit more annoying due to the damn slow menu and long loading times. In TS finding the right FLH is done in less than a minute)

Well of course that RA2 has slower loading time because game is far more complex than TS.

How then Westwood find FLHs in TS/RA2? Do you think they did it manually as we are doing all time or they used some tool?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WW was able to change values during runtime. No problem at all for them to find the correct values.
Their 3d 2 vxl converter might even produced the FLH directly with the conversion. After all, they only had to place a certain dummy in the scene, which then is used to find the FLH.

In short: WW had all possibilities and no restrictions as we do.

Public SHPs

Tools

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: PrimaryFLH and SecondaryFLH Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

When i change something like this.
Code:

PrimaryFLH=32,16,200

to...

Primary FLH=64,16,200

It instead move the bullet starting position left. I thought the starting number is meant to move the position forward? Then center number is for the width, and then last number is for the height position? I need some clarify on this.

You wouldn't be running into this problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon