Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Elite Cadre
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject:  Elite Cadre Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an attempt to create a unique SHP for the Nod elite cadre. I've tried to do it before with simple color swaps but it always ended up looking like crap. This time I put a bit more effort into it. Compared side by side with the regular Nod infantry. Wish sub-factions were more easily doable in TS, would like to have an infantry focused faction for Nod that replaces regular infantry with the elite cadre.

Elite carde from the cutscenes:

Regular Nod infantry:

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's nice, but it seems like this is the only unit people ever make. There are no like... GDI commandos or better looking GDI infantry around at all in the community

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm playing around with an idea of turning the Temple of Nod into an advanced barracks (with the alternate factory trick). You could build the Cyborg Commando, Confessor and these new Elite Cadre units from it. The Elite Cadre would be kind of unique that they are very high tech, but still relatively cheap (250-300) buffed up versions of the regular Nod militants. Some of their properties (uncrushable, self-heal) would make them more viable for late game situations. They'd naturally have a bit more health and firepower as well. There would be no limit how many of them you can build, but if you lose or sell the Temple of Nod, you can no longer build them (or the Cyborg Commando or Confessor). This would give you another reason not to get rid of the Temple.

Another feature of the Elite Cadre would be that they cannot be promoted through combat. You'd need to keep the Temple of Nod operational and use the Black Hand Training superweapon to get them to elite level. At elite they would become pretty powerful, especially in numbers. I'm thinking of a weapon that could even do some damage on vehicles (maybe laser based, or an attached grenade launcher to the rifle) and the unit possibly becoming stealthed as well. At that point they could really become useful, but all of this would require keeping the Temple of Nod operational.

Volgin wrote:
It's nice, but it seems like this is the only unit people ever make. There are no like... GDI commandos or better looking GDI infantry around at all in the community

I've had a go at creating a GDI Jumpjet Commando and a "Heavy Infantry" for the mod (see below), and some GDI remakes + special GDI units in this thread.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I guess those kinder eggs around their waists are grenades of some sort, they could use those to target vehicles and possibly EMP them.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Well I guess those kinder eggs around their waists are grenades of some sort, they could use those to target vehicles and possibly EMP them.

ya know i was wondering how many other people thought those things looked like giant easter eggs sitting on their waists. Makes that 2nd picture SuperJoe linked of the Elite Cadre look like a 'bitch give me your eggs or I kill you' kinda thing. lol

All in all it looks decent on the preview. But ingame with infantry size there I wonder how it compares, does it appear more than just a lighter looking infantry?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an ingame comparison:

EMP might be too powerful ability for them as they can be bought in masses (basically a late game alternative / replacement for the militant). Attached grenade launcher for the rifle could give a little damage boost on vehicles and infantry groups. Would need to balance the reload time though, without screwing up the rifle itself.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well done SuperJoe Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon