Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
My New Game CD Wont Be Read
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject:  My New Game CD Wont Be Read Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just bought Space marine for PC, and when I put the disc into the drive, NOTHING HAPPENS. It's ztyping driving me nuts I tell ya.

I also just bought Battlefield 3. Same nothingness.

I've got:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2 X4 635
RAM: 4.0 GB
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
2302 mb total available
Primary Harddisk: 22 GB

64 bit, and I use HDMI, Win7

Anywho, the two new CDs will not show up in My Computer. The auto run wont happen. NOTHING happens, until I go into My computer, and my PC starts to load, the green bar loading thing goes slowly thru the address bar, and when it finishes loading, nothing happens.

The CD tray ejects, literally. The CD tray pops open, after I-ztype LET ME PLAY MY ztyping GAME YOU ztyping FUCKLUCK!!!

Srry, that was uncalled for.

I've got a game, Dawn of War Soulstorm, and it loads up just fine. I put a movie in, it loads up. I put any of my old stuff into the CD drive, and windows pop up, the computer acknowledges that there is now a disc inside and it reads it, and I can jump into the files.

I don't get it. Do these newer games require steam to be installed or something?

I tried to run F:\AutoRun.exe

It hangs almost for ever, then the CD pops out at the very end. It KNOWS that should be working, but it's being a dick.

F is my DVD drive

I do have a virtual drive as well. It is Power ISO, and it show up in My computer as a yellow cd, drive G. I had "exited" the taskbar icon shit for the virtual drive, but I guess it is still running, I tried troubleshooting and shit, but my new games will not show up. I also have daemon tools lite I believe hidden somewhere on my harddrive.

I tried posting this shit around the web to no avail. I'm pissed off, yo. Anyone got a light?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure but i can remember having had windows xp not reading a dvd due to overuse of the dvd, but as you say you got the games new that shouldn't be it.... My XP fixed the problem after rebout or trying to insert the cd/dvd several times.

So what can you try:
-push the cd/dvd's in a different drive/machine and see it theyr work there.
-open up your pc, and deconnect/reconnect cables.
-try letting your pc read the cd/dvd's several times.
-BF3 works with origin, download origin and register your BF3 in there... note you could then let origin download BF3 entirely without using your cd/dvd drive if i'm not mistaken.
-For Space marine you could try steam support to get them to grant you space marine on steam by showing your cd key and explaining your problem/

still stays wierd it only goes crazy on those two.

p.s. add the info on which cd/dvd drive you're using, there might be an issue there. and don't expect me to post another reply soon, i'm busy enough trying to finish university.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say your DVD drive is incompatible or the laser needs to be cleaned. With either case, unless you know how to take it apart and put it back together, I'd suggest buying a new drive, preferably a CD/DVD(both + and -) Dual Layer, Combo drive, they're pretty cheap nowadays.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple test really, if all DVDs fail to read then the drive is partially gone shit if it reads normal CDs.

DVD demands greater laser and preciseness than CD.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the drive show up in "My Computer"?
If not, check the cables, it could be the connectors are not hooked up to the motherboard/drive itself.

I had the issue once, when I didn't know that
much about computers and it's a bitch.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're all talking about the drive. What if the goddamn disc is just a lemon? >_>

Steam

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My New Game CD Wont Be Read Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
I also just bought Battlefield 3. Same nothingness.

/ppm/'s stupidity

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a little more suspect but if other discs read fine, the drive is probably not bad. Unless, of course, the same discs work in a different drive, which should be tested first.

Steam

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, I guess he already tested it with BF3. I assume that disc isn't in a bad shape, since BF3 isn't that old. Then again, some people chew on discs...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, best thing to do is first find out who is the culprit, the drive, or just the discs.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum