Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI TD Voxels (TS/RA2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do you people want giant MCVs? Also, sanedisruption is not a voxel idiot. He knows ztyping well how to voxel. You know, there's a posting date.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man these have been getting a lot of attention lately.

Also, thanks deformat, appreciate it.

The voxels were made to be within 1 (one) cell size within TS or YR. If a voxel exceeds those boundaries then there's awful clipping errors that occur when a voxel moves past another unit.

If you don't mind this clipping error (most people do) then feel free to change the voxel bounds for yourself.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, the MCV voxel is appropriately sized.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
Why do you people want giant MCVs?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
That is great. IMO, if the MCV was bigger... perfection.

Just because, the MCV in my mind is like the biggest ztyping truck in the world, 'cause it deploys into a pretty big building.

The MCV is giant. The FMVs show it.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The FMVs show a bunch of crazy stuff.

The MCV is fine.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugh wasn't there only that one FMV showing the MCV deploy? Which BTW had no real reference points as it was the only vehicle in the clip. The only way to tell scale was compared to a butterfly on a bush which was actually pretty massive compared to the wheel, so judging by that the MCV is probably pretty small. Even the finished Construction Yard wasn't that big compared to the two men walking in.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FMV's also show Obelisk of light to be smaller than con yard
(yet it should be bigger)
and 2x (if not 3x) smaller than Mammoth MK 2

can't know who to trust

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol ingame scale is wrong for viewing purpose. The FMV show how it would really look like.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think if your really looking for any real touch of realism with a MCV, you need to remove the MCV from the game. Vehicles don't really transform into solid brick and mortar structures, but C&C makes it believable with the buildup animation.

This kind of goes for scaling too. It just needs to be fairly large to believable, which it is, and it isn't bigger to prevent clipping from being an issue. So basically, in a choice between a larger MCV and no clipping issues, Sane chose no clipping issues.

While some may say otherwise, I'd argue that the clipping would ruin the MCV more that the slightly smaller size does.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scale of a single celll is roughly 9ft by 9 ft. so the buildings in game are off scale. as long as it fits 1 cell wide we over look these things

EDIT: 9ft by 9ft by 3 1/2ft   (L by W by H)

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Last edited by Nikademis Von Hisson on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speaking of scale, you can't place THIS ingame without proper scaling. Scale is just useful for game purpose, without it they would be hard to control.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have problem with the MCV's size.It's perfect for the game(TS,RA2). BTW,SaneDisruption,I checked your TD Harvester voxel with the Voxel Viewer,and it's perfect.You did a nice job.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993:
Thanks, I appreciate that. These voxels unfortunately don't hold up to today's standards for being in the spotlight forum, or for being decent voxels at all for that matter. I'm no ErastusMercy or Shin.Peter.Pan, but I'm glad you guys continue to find uses for these voxels.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For being in the spotlight forum,or not,we'll always find some good uses for such so amazing voxels.To tell you the truth,I'm using at least 3 of your TD voxel pack(Humvee,Mammoth Tank and MLRS) on TS,and I'm planning to add the Abrams Tank soon.Especially for the Humvee,I made a mix of 2 vehicle codes(Ranger Jeep from RA1,and the attack buggy from TS).I also made a cameo for the Humvee with an SHP Builder(using a TD Humvee cameo I found on the Internet). I guess I wrote too much.

GREEN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

16 years later..

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jesus.

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha cool shit bruh
Those voxels are dope as hell ive been wanting  to make a whole faction based on these voxels

GREEN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TDMCV via SharedControl

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dafuq is this

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!