Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Queueing on Buildings
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject:  Queueing on Buildings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saw this in OpenRA... In OpenRA The Structures (And by extension the Armory Tab) allowed you to queue buildings much like the Infantry & Unit Tabs. Also a possible option to add a Queue Limit so we can still have a use for the "Unable to comply building in Progress EVA" Laughing

Example Scenario:
Player Clicks on Allied Wall 3 times then clicks on 1 Pillbox & 1 Patriot and then Allied Wall again. When construction is finished placing construction immediately starts up on the next on the list. In this case its Wall-Wall-Wall-Pillbox-Patriot-Wall

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea, when there is no any bug

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't think it's that useful
You still have to click on the cameo when you want to place the building. Thus you still have to scroll through the list of buildings and find the currently finished one, so it doesn't reduces your clicks that much.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, building queues don't sound like a good idea. Encourages turtlespam even more. Besides, it's a different type of queue than the unit one so it would probably require more work..

And LKO, you don't use hotkeys to place your buildings?

Last edited by Speeder on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
You still have to click on the cameo when you want to place the building. Thus you still have to scroll through the list of buildings and find the currently finished one, so it doesn't reduces your clicks that much.

If you press the hotkey to that Tab and if you have nothing selected your cursor automatically is set to the placement of whatever building you have ready for placement in that Tab. (Although if you have something already selected for placement,selected units,etc it won't change)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
And LKO, you don't use hotkeys to place your buildings?

About 8 years ago i last played RA2. Don't remember it having hotkeys for that. Embarassed

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a pity that there is a bad attack-move combination in RA2 (Ctrl+Shift+Click) and the attack-move itself performs not so correct as I want.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

There is a strange "Auto Deploy" function in ui(md).ini. I already put the blueprint up to fix it.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "strange auto-deploy function" was supposed to be included and I don't think they ever fixed it in TS, and was completely excluded in RA2, whether it is fixable or not is beyond me, nevermind the fact that alot of units use "autodeploy" as well as the AI, so fixing it may just bring out a whole slew of other problems.

WW is notorious for stringing logics onto other ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon