Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Another go at making buildings
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [228 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993 wrote:
I'm waiting patiently for the release of these amazing buildings!!! I'm not in a hurry!!!

warlock wrote:
Nice buildings at all! A new age for the Allies! Very Happy

thanks guys! Smile
Thear wrote:
Hmm.. Great buildings. Though the buildup of the airstrip looks a bit weird. The top that flips over has already the airstrip texture applied which makes it look odd in my opionion.  

Maybe the original base plate texture can be placed on the 'bottom' (top before flipping) might make it look nicer so it looks like it really opens up.

None the less, good job Smile

Thanks! and thats a nice idea, i shall do it! Smile
Volgin wrote:
Not a fan of the airstrip's side lights coming out before the base does... but this is some fabulous work.

what side lights? if you're talking about the three pink dots/spheres then those arent lights, they are bones #Tongue

also the Ore Purifier!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
kairunotabi
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is AWESOME! Sweet mother of Jesus Christ, you really have an excellent style!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The models and their details are really good now. However i think the textures need some more work. They all look like plastic.
Try playing around with glossiness & specular level to give them the look of materials like metal and concrete. Also add some bump maps so things like the small silos on the ore purifier aren't just plain textured cylinders (a bit more modeling work on these would be nice too.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

drizzt_dourden
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep seeing the same style build ups. How come? Just curious on that. It's kinda fake, boring and not so original.....

kairunotabi wrote:
That is AWESOME! Sweet mother of Jesus Christ, you really have an excellent style!

Relax, they are nice, but nothing to get a rise on....dude RELAX

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kairunotabi wrote:

Thank you for the kind words Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The models and their details are really good now. However i think the textures need some more work. They all look like plastic.
Try playing around with glossiness & specular level to give them the look of materials like metal and concrete. Also add some bump maps so things like the small silos on the ore purifier aren't just plain textured cylinders (a bit more modeling work on these would be nice too.

they all do have a bump map but due to the distance of the camera they seem flat and like plastic. although, i can increase the bumpness cuz right now its at 30, the default bumpness.

drizzt_dourden wrote:
I keep seeing the same style build ups. How come? Just curious on that. It's kinda fake, boring and not so original.....

i dont understand how they look fake? care to explain?
i can also make each piece fall from the sky but that will look weird during selling #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will you make Soviet and Yuri buldings too?
P.S. Nice work!

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, I have no intentions of making Soviet or Yuri buildings

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Ore Purifier is not bad at all! Indeed,nice work!

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just something i wanted to do, continuing the "Alien_Pylon" style.
version 1:

version 2:

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a Alien Warfactory... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like version 1 better as it is, but I think version 2 could be very nice if the outside pillars were more turned to statues
ala: example and the the remap connecting them on top, changed to an activeanim laser. Just my thoughts. Wink

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like the statues idea, i'll try that with both 1 and 2 when i fix my 3ds max.
power cutoff while 3ds max is loading = screwed up 3ds max #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you manually added the small extruded shapes on every surface? If yes, try the greeble plugin. It does that automatically and via several really nice options you can customize the look.

The idea behind the 2nd design is nice, but right now it's too messy looking (too many big columns together on a small area). Sometimes less is more.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ofcourse i used greeble, doing that manually will take ages! #Tongue

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Progress!! Very Happy

also a WIP animation

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! But in my opinion you should make the head of the shipyard and spheres on the bottom of the weather machine bigger.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if i make the shipyard's 'head' bigger then it will look weird cuz the tower wouldnt seem to be able to support all the weight.
also a little more progress on the weather controller's animation

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mot sure if this could work as intended...

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Mot sure if this could work as intended...

thats why i scrapped it #Tongue

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this!

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job, but the problem is, the Storm is have a shadow

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, its already fixed
i noticed it after i posted the above image #Tongue

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile good work imp Very Happy, perhaps you should add some outer glow for the spheres.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this project is on hold for the moment cuz im kinda busy with other stuff. not to worry though, i will finish this at some point in the future! Very Happy

sorry Graion #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll just apply the Doomhammer Rule.

"If anything kicks in, blame ImP."

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow your stuff is awsome, I like the power plant with the illuminated green effect,

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That signature is awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! Looks very futuristic!

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

needed some change of pace and here's the result. this project is still on hold, this is just some things i did cuz i was bored.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW!!! Not so bad!!! Nice work!!!

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rotating spheres are awesome

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not a fan of these super weapons in RA2, but you have some killer "buildings" and build ups..... like them, keep up the good work

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
not a fan of these super weapons in RA2

Nobody would ever want to get warped out of time or zapped by a lightning storm. Laughing

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

Nobody would ever want to get warped out of time

you don't need super weapon for that
just smoke some weed

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean you can get eaten by T-Rexes by counseling Mary Jane?

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope, that happens with meth. Mary Jane relaxes you #Tongue

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could use a little less light and vary the greyscales to also blend allied blues to look more diverse than so whiteish and possibly light browns like soviet for dirt bits.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO the chronosphere's sphere's texture is to checked, you should make it more "vanillish".

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some very nice structures!

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
IMHO the chronosphere's sphere's texture is to checked, you should make it more "vanillish".

the idea is to get away from vanilla....

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The idea is t get away from vanilla but not so far! To my mind using something less checked and something that looks more like other buildings' textures would be better than make an awesome buinding with graphics that stand out too much.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's his mod, and his assets. He can do whatever he wants really.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Chronosphere should definitely stand out from other structures. You don't want them all using the exact same, limited texture set.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Could use a little less light and vary the greyscales to also blend allied blues to look more diverse than so whiteish and possibly light browns like soviet for dirt bits.

which ones? these new ones or all of the buildings?
Parasite03 wrote:

i dont like the vanilla sphere
Madin wrote:
Some very nice structures!

thanks Smile
Krow wrote:
It's his mod, and his assets. He can do whatever he wants really.

nope, these are going to be public, both the shps and the 3d models
these are for my mod which i will never start let alone finish it #Tongue

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You da man Very Happy

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, a suggestion on barracks: make the flag remappable.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
Also, a suggestion on barracks: make the flag remappable.

there is enough remapable on the barracks already....

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
nope, these are going to be public, both the shps and the 3d models are for my mod which i will never start let alone finish it #Tongue
Will the massive Soviet walking war factory be public to?

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have done so well on your modelling ImP. To be honest, I couldn't say a thing when I saw your Naval Yard and Weather Control Device remake. You can do more about your works man. Keep it up Wink

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks guys!
dodgevipergts: yes it will be if i finish it #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [228 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon