Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RotD General Bug Thread?
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Grey_Ghost
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject:  RotD General Bug Thread? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI on Tech Level 1 can build Guard Towers (TL4).

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

most biased mod in nods favour ever

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea nod pwnes gdi easily

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another small bug: the Service Depot should be called "Repair Bay".

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I read somewhere else that Nod 'SUX'....

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well u wont catch me playing GDI

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
I read somewhere else that Nod 'SUX'....

that was me Very Happy

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
another small bug: the Service Depot should be called "Repair Bay".

Repair Facility.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smart ass. You're wrong Razz
In Tiberian Dawn it was called "Repair Bay".

[edit]
OK, we're both right... they put "Repair Facility" on the C&C95 icon Confused

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it went something like this

TD Beta - Repair Facility
TD Release - Repair Bay
RA1 - Service Depot
TS - Repair Bay

RA2 onwards - who gives a f*king damn Smile

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
i think it went something like this

TD Beta - Repair Facility
TD Release - Repair Bay
RA1 - Service Depot
TS - Repair Bay

RA2 onwards - who gives a f*king damn Smile

there was a td-beta?
someone got this or infos screens or somewhatever? Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No there is no TD beta. And in the TD demo it's also Repair Bay.

The fact it was called Service Depot in RA1 was because it also refilled mine layers.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm... no idea why I called it service depot... will fix that.

About that guard tower TL thing: no idea what causes this, but i'll have a look.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Nyerguds"]No there is no TD beta. And in the TD demo it's also Repair Bay.
[quote]

you do know your talking to the most knowledgable person on the subject of c&c there basicly is right?

just checking........

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, let's just say Reaperrr and Seaman are two of the only people that can compete with me in C&C1 knowledge ^_^

Oh, another small bug... the muzzle flashes of the guard tower are positioned too high. I marked the spot where the GTWR is shooting at.

gtwr_muzzle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.25 KB
 Viewed:  11162 Time(s)

gtwr_muzzle.jpg

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No there is no TD beta

Correct as there is no TS beta and so on

However as with all games there was a TD beta, many if not all of the WW screenshots for TD (DOS) are of the beta version and contain many little things that did not make the final (e.g. Infantry waist high in water, construction yards with Nod Logos on the top and so forth)

In fact one of the best references to TD Beta info is infact the first TD manual

Ive adapted a few of the nicer TD beta concepts and put them into TSR if anyone noticed ?

P.S. A particularly interesting concept is hand to hand combat of infantry (which was meant to go into TD, but was not in the final) however the animations are all still there in the .mix files.
Just check out the last part of the "E1.shp" in TD (and RA1 as it uses same graphics) and its a prime example

-SMIFFGIG

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I've seen that. It's used in one of the Nod briefing vids too.

Talking about C&C1 beta concepts... know this one? Very Happy

Anyway... this is a bugs thread. Let's get back to the bugs *grabs insecticide*

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooh..A-10 Crash..Anyway, i was playing at School on my NICE and..Soopah Upgraded with 1 GB RAM, and One Mother of all HDs ( 60GB. xD )..When right as the loading game came up for the Game, it crashed. O_o' Then when I tried again, it worked. o_o Figured I'd mention that one. Smile

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH, and about Service Depot..I looked in the Tiberian Dawn Conquer.mix file.. (MOTHER OF ALL FILES!) and it said "make: service depot" after the file: fixmap.shp Smile That settle any questions?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, because that's just what Olaf Van Der Spek put in there as description. That text is just part of XCC Mixer, not of C&C.
The only official thing that's in there is that it's called fix.shp and fixmake.shp (Nof fixmap; fixMAKE).

Grey_Ghost
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed so far that the AI Doesn't build Mammoths, Apache's, SSM's. GDI AI doesn't build Advanced Power.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed some tree got a neon blue shadow while burning.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI does use Mammoths, and SSMs...And oddly..I got 2 Apaches and that was all from the AI

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

The trees don't have damage stage anims Sad
It's part of the buggy Forest Fires logic which would burn all nearby trees down to ash.

Nyerguds wrote:
Oh, another small bug... the muzzle flashes of the guard tower are positioned too high. I marked the spot where the GTWR is shooting at.

Welll.. should the GT have a machine gun turret on the top?

Last edited by SeaMan on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:

The trees don't have damage stage anims Smile
It's part of the buggy Forest Fires logic which would burn all nearby trees down to ash.

Yes they do. They use the 'burnt' stage at the end up burning up. And that's what I saw.

SeaMan wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:

Well.. should the GT have a machine gun turret on the top?

I can't imagine them mounting a gun on the roof of THIS thing Rolling Eyes

Oh, right... for anyone that might be interested... I got a huuuge C&C1 image database online here.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 am; edited 4 times in total

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Oh, right... for anyone that might be iterested... I got a huuuge C&C1 image database online here.

nice work on this one - i enjoyed peaking through all pictures Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks ^^
Seaman helped me a lot though. He gave me the strat guide renders and helped me get the correct units in the Real-life Equivalents section.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sooooo

just tested 2.2

nice work on the fences but the AI...lol

my brother just got rushed by infantry...
the AI didn't attack with ANY other unit...just thousands(approx. 30-50) minigunners and some troops of rocketeers
i just laughed my ass off him being rushed by so many foottroops...the attacked me too, but i got fences Very Happy

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

Yes they do. They use the 'burnt' stage at the end up burning up. And that's what I saw.

That's not possible since none of the Tree SHPs don't have a frame for damaged stage.
But I guess you have seen those TD tree SHPs? They have frames for damage multiple stages but seems like they were not used. Maybe ROTD should use them?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nevermind... it was just one of those winter trees that just didn't have any leaves.

But it still had a neonblue shadow :\

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, another bug here... in TD you ONLY need the refinery to build a weapons factory. The GAPILE should be removed from its prerequisites list.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Nevermind... it was just one of those winter trees that just didn't have any leaves.

But it still had a neonblue shadow :\

hm, maybe the shadow was converted to wrong color... i'll have a look.

about the prerequisite of weap factory: you're right, I just forgot to change that. will do for 2.3.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed a weird bug. When nuking a Temple of Nod I get little or no fire around the nuke impact. Also, sometimes the nuke destroys it, and other times it doesn't. This is also related to the amount of fire appearing, apparently. ONe time, the temple lost less than a quarter of its health, while another time the nuke destroyed it on impact.

Something else... the Disco easter egg doesn't use its Damaged animation, while I DID include it :\

TMPLNUKE2.jpg
 Description:
Nuke almost destroyed the Temple. No fire appeared.
 Filesize:  285.21 KB
 Viewed:  10949 Time(s)

TMPLNUKE2.jpg

TMPLNUKE.jpg
 Description:
They sold the temple when the nuke almost destroyed it. No fire appeared.
 Filesize:  257.35 KB
 Viewed:  10951 Time(s)

TMPLNUKE.jpg

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and now, after I destroyed their temple thanks to my nuke, the AI builds a new Temple and I get nuked when my nuke is only about 5/8 done Surprised

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welll...i just had a short peak into 2.3 and the only thing i noticed, was that i set a nuke into a gdi-base...well...and nothing was destroyed...i pinned it right on 2 adv-towers and none of them got below 50%

that sux Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it on some other buildnigs too... like the civvie armory.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soa

have summin to say'bout it again:

- nuke kills do not increase the bodycount in the stats
- nuke-gfx's sometimes not visible
- nuke so worthless...temple costs me 2800 and then i have to wait for ages, and then get this crappy superweapon...i don't know...this is just another reason for me to play gdi
- gdi-ai sometimes still messes up building base-def...they set up a group of advc towers in the back-corner of the base and often refuse building normal towers (nod-def is good)
- the attacks of the AI...well...sometimes they send you 30 minigunners, some other infantry and some buggys...sometimes some orcas(cool), but at all it's just so that if you leave their harvesters in peace, you can build up a huge base without being busy (ok sometimes 3 bots ran you down and you just loose it Wink)

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its probably warhead characteristics. I thought in TD it was basically a exact copy of Fire but larger spread well at least in RA1

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon