Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
Disguise.InWater=
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject:  Disguise.InWater=
Subject description: How about losing disguise when unit swims?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, comrades!
I have an idea.
Why not to add a parameter for amphibious units such as
Disguise.InWater= (no by default)?
The reasons are:
1. I want to make an amphibious unit which can disguise.
2. I don't want to remake arts of existing units (such as conscripts, flak troopers, etc., just 'cause this is really difficult and boring) and rewrite artmd.ini.
3. I guess it can be useful.
I'll wait for your thoughts and suggestions on it.

Last edited by Astral on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It makes sence, but what unit will you use for the disguiser? It must have swim frames.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He means that the Unit will revert to it's own image in water and get dusguised back when he get on land.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
He means that the Unit will revert to it's own image in water and get dusguised back when he get on land.

Exactly, Watson. Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about...

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
How about...

Why? What's the reason?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. It's useless.
2. It's stupid.
3. With your lazy logic, you coulda ask Disguise.WhileCrawling logic as well, since some inf (conversions mostly) doesn't have such neither.
4. Disguise logic is already a broken mess (disguises being hardcoded to unittem).
5. And you're acting like if this is one of, if not the most greatest ideas ever.
6. Have I mentioned it's stupid?

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, less about it being stupid; In order to implement, someone would have to include a complete redo of every infantry to disguise as if this were set to yes, to include a swimming frame, otherwise it would call 'nil', and no one wants that.

And 4. Disguise Logic is already a broken mess.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion: Man, you're kinda agressive.
@General: Yeah, that's why I want this param.

So, why not to remake the disguise and cloak logics, including Mirages?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with GD. The logic behind this makes no sense. If you want to make it disguised in the water just give it a blank frame in the shp file so no one will see it coming.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you don't want to edit every existing infantry to include a wetsuit soldier then thats not much in motivation for a modder. I've been fixing far more complicated stuff on infantry as well. Just adding a wetsuit set for every individual infantry you want it to disguise into would be enough to make your Water Disguise work already.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modding is a business, and our currency is time. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Astral wrote:
So, why not to remake the disguise and cloak logics, including Mirages?

You make it sound so easy!
Without any knowledge I can tell you rewriting all those logics is going to take a tremendous effort not only time wise.
These are big things you're talking about.

Besides that, the disguise logic for Mirage tanks is nothing like the logic for infantry.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Nikademis: Blank frames? No, this looks bad. And I am asking about LOSING the disguise (not to make it "cloak") when unit gets in the water.
@Jem: Hmm, it is good idea... for RA3. But anyway I'll think about it. Also, how about Conscripts that can swim and attack right from the sea? Very Happy
@RP: Of course, this is big work. It's just my suggestion.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to keep in mind that there are a lot of users of Ares.

I aim towards generic features with a lot of use-cases. This is totally specific which noone will gonna use thereby useless. It does not worth my time.

=======================

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri Clone: "Understandable..."

But if I understand correctly, the Ares guys are concentrated on inputing important stuff. Stuff that will be used by a lot of peaple.

Correct?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously. Why spend your time working on a feature only 2 people use, while you could spend that same time to work on features more people like and use.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good point! The more users the better!  Very Happy

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Obviously. Why spend your time working on a feature only 2 people use, while you could spend that same time to work on features more people like and use.

...If you have such features to implement.
@Dilach: Rule your time as you want. I not pretend to change your mind. Just become less agressive. Wink

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Astral wrote:
RP wrote:

...If you have such features to implement.
@Dilach: Rule your time as you want. I not pretend to change your mind. Just become less agressive. Wink

If you want the feature then learn to code. If only 1 person wants a feature why should the team go and create it just to make you happy. IMO, there is no need for such a feature. So this topic should be a dead issue and left to rot.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 days passed... It's too early to close this topic. Maybe someone who can like the idea and use it just didn't watched this topic yet.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's usually not the right way to do it. Many features are requested, they collect a fellowship, and this makes them important. Proposing something and then asking for people whether they can come up with the need for this is the other way around.

The feature proposed is a shortcut for something that can already be done, and the number of use cases is rather limited: Disguisable infantry that can swim. I don't deem it a high priority.

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Repeat: it's just a proposition.
The priority doesn't matter, you already have another work to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon