Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Making the starting units spread out
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject:  Making the starting units spread out Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm curious how to make the starting units spread out for TS, like in Red Alert 2. In TS, it is a cluster and it makes the player selecting their MCV to move and then deploy. I want to make it so that the player is able to select and then deploy without the need to move it at all when starting the game.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not what you asked for, but if MCV is the only unit to start with, then it need not be moved to deploy.
Setting the unit count to 1 should do it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not possible without exe-hacking to have multiple starting units to start spread out enough, to give the MCV in the center enough place to deploy immediately.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

on one of my maps, I made lasers around each starting location that killed every starting unit except for your MCV, before selling themselves #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never tested it, but...
How about give a specific terrain all speedtpyes = 0%, then place it around the startlocation, exactly like a ring. Now the units shouldn't be able to spawn on this 'ring' and neither in the middle, since there is already the MCV.

Dunno if they would simply disappear, though

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

most convenient for me is to have only riflemen at the beginning. select one press t and tell them to move away then deploy mcv.
If there has to be more starting units select all then shift click the mcv to deselect it then send all the units away. Seems faster to me then moving the mcv.

well thats how I deal with it.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could try hacking the EXE with one of the following (as pointed out by AlexB). Use a program like Hex Editor Neo to get it done. Don't try it though if you aren't absolutely sure what you're doing. Also create a backup of your EXE before making changes to it.

Go to offset 0x1DEE45. You should see 6A 05 there. Try changing the 05 to one of the following (copied from Banshee's AI script tutorial):

Code:

00 = Sleep. (Unit sits still and plays dead).
01 = Attack (using threat rate logic).
02 = Move.
03 = QMove (special move to destination after other queued moves occur).
04 = Retreat (unit leave away, probably returns home).
05 = Guard. (Sit around and engage any enemy that wanders within weapon range.).
06 = Sticky. (Same to guard mode, but the unit doesn`t move).
07 = Enter (in a building or transport).
08 = Capture building (uses engineer`s logic).
09 = Harvest. (Harvesters will only take near tiberium).
0A = Area Guard. (Great for base defense).
0B = Return (Unused in Tiberian Sun).
0C = Stop (stop atacking or moving at th first oportunity).
0D = Ambush (Unused in Tiberian Sun).
0E = Hunt (AI will automatically search and kill every enemy unit).
0F = Unload (when leave transports like APC, Dropship, etc...).
10 = Sabotage (places a C4 in a building and leaves exploding it).
11 = Construction (buildings use this after their placement. Don`t use it in ai.ini, because it just deal with buildings).
12 = Selling (buildings use this after being sold).
13 = Repair (service depot use this behaviour to repair units).
14 = Rescue (special team override mission. Use it in maps).
15 = Missile (special Missile Silo animation. Do not use it in ai.ini).
16 = Harmless (Unit doesn't fire and is not considered a threat).
17 = Open (animation that happens when a gate opens or close to allow passage).
18 = Patrol (Patrol a series of waypoints).

I haven't tested the hack for this purpose so you'll have to experiment with it yourself.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO wrote:
How about give a specific terrain all speedtpyes = 0%, then place it around the startlocation, exactly like a ring. Now the units shouldn't be able to spawn on this 'ring' and neither in the middle, since there is already the MCV.

For that matter, may as well put 1x1 structures 1 cell around the MCV and make a trigger that sells those structures immediately. That oughta give you space to deploy without hassle from your starting units

The Team Black Index

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first of all I'm not LKO #Tongue
Secondly: I noticed, as far as I remember, that only infantry causes problems. If you start with vehicles only, they should spread out one cell and allow you to deploy instantly

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Freaking Tibby #Tongue

The Team Black Index

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has already been done in the HyperPatch

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon