Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
Destroying a group of buildings to fire a trigger
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
HuskerSix
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject:  Destroying a group of buildings to fire a trigger Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all, I'm looking for some help with a brick wall I've hit. I want to set up a trigger(s) so that after I've destroyed 4 power plants, a group of obelisks explode. I've tried myself but the only way I can get it to work is using
48 Destroyed by anything > 32 Destroy attached building and attaching it to both the power plants and obelisks, but once I destroy one power plant both the remaining power plants and obelisks explode.

I had a look at the original missions and one of the closest things I could find to what I want is the GDI mission where you destroy Vegas dam. You have to destroy both the regulator stations before the dam will explode. I can't make sense of it though.
Any help would be much apriciated, thanks

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trigger 1: "Power destroyed"
Type: 1 (FinalSun offers only 0 and 2, you have to type 1 yourself, which means an AND relation)
Event: destroyed by anything
Action: enable Trigger "Kill Obelisks"

Trigger 2: "Kill Obelisks"
Type: 0 (do it only once)
Disable this trigger
Event: Any Event
Action: destroy attached building (Though i would suggest using "61 turn off building" instead)

now attach to the powerplants Trigger 1 and to the obelisks Trigger 2
Trigger 2 is disabled and once all powerplants that have Trigger 1 attached are destroyed, Trigger 2 will be enabled which in turn destroys any attached obelisk

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can also set a local per power plant destroyed, then make a trigger when all the locals are set, it'll destroy the attached building.
The best way to learn is usually by referencing a westwood map

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, im not a ts mapper, but in firestorm they used it on the "assasinate tratos" mission.

I think you could give the powerplants and obelisks to another house named "nod2" or anything, and make them allied to the normal nod. Then using "building does not exist" and nod2 own the trigger, then give it whatever action needed. The second nod house could have same colour as normal nod, which would make them look like same house ingame.

OR attach the 4 powerplants to a trigger, which has attached object destroyed, then action -> enable trigger (or set a local) which has the obelisks attached, and some action which make them sell or destroy object.
But as said, im more of a ra2 mapper.

Now, all that said, your mistake is that you attached both the powerplants and obelisk to the same trigger. Now if 1 of the obelisk or powerplants are destroyed, all will explode. So using the second way above should work.
Description:

1. Powerplants attached to trigger A.

2. Trigger A got event "destroyed by anything" or any other that has simlar function. Action either "set local" X or enable trigger B.

3. Trigger B has event either "local is set" (if you use set local at action) or if you choose enable trigger, then make the cilck the "disabled" option on trigger B and a "any event" or "elapsed time" Y.

4. Now trigger B has obelisks attached, and a action that either say "destroy attached building" or any other that does the same.

Now when the powerplants are destroyed, the obelisk should get destroyed.
At least they would in ra2, but I guess finalalert and finalsun are pretty simlar.

EDIT: Seems like LKO and TeamBlack were faster than me...
I write so slowly...

Last edited by Agent Z on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

HuskerSix
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Worked first time, thank you! And thanks to Team Black & Agent Z for your help too!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No prob bob! I actually never knew about Type=1 XD

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly do the type 1 do to the trigger?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Type 0: use OR relation (if several objects have the trigger attached and only one of them fulfills the Event, then this trigger fires)
Type 1: use AND relation (if several objects have the trigger attached and all of them fulfill the Event, then this trigger fires)
Type 2: OR relation, repeating (if several objects have the trigger attached, it fires every time if one of them fulfills the Event)

Type 3: AND relation, repeating (i never tested it, but it might work and would be the logical next step)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon