Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Converting Emperor BFD .cmp files for .wav use
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:  Converting Emperor BFD .cmp files for .wav use Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking around to see if I could find a way to convert the compressed (.cmp) audio files inside the .bags but it seems no one has anyway of doing so. but according to a person on this forum who way back in 2006
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2233 he accomplished it, but unfortunately for us he didn't bother to explain how he did it. So somewhere out there someone has found a way to edit it. Would anyone here by chance know a way,

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has been talked about recently and I'm pretty sure there is no way of getting the unit voices etc, besides recording them manually...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That 'Apollo' is also ApolloTD btw.

Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: well it seems ApolloTD found a way Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IT seems ApolloTD found away in 2006 but he never explained what he did to convert it.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah thats me, I spent several years looking at it on and off and to be fair, I worded that badly saying success without clarifying as to what success Very Happy

I was working on emperor mod at the time and I wanted to dump all the audio out so I can re-add them from scratch as bagtool of the era will corrupt the bag if files are added over time, I realised that you can simply extract cmp as is and redump them in to the bag. Reason most emperor mods never added new sounds way back then.

I also stumbled across some mp3s without names for some speech and thought they were CMP and that I had solved it but false positive.

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/11536-emperor-cmp-audio-files-to-normal-wav-convert/

I worked on the issue from since 2003 even and asked on xentax by 2006...

I recorded some way back by switching sounds around as one method.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you import say dialog.bag as raw in Audacity with VOX ADPCM @ 22050 hz you can actually play it back, but it's really noisy,
Here is interesting fact, if you do this with RA2 audio.bag you can actually play it back too and its just as noisy, it could also be the same format that was used in RA2 but with the index stored in the inis instead of a a idx file

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That has been tried already by Graion for example with sox, the partial playback is typical to adpcm as not all of it is compressed.

Problem is, 90s era had like 200+ variants on the ADPCM compression scheme, quite a bit are similar so even using Yamaha ADPCM/OKI ADPCM will also yield similar noise results and this game wasn't made by Westwood actually making it more of a pain in ass as they've changed lots plus add mp3.

http://www.onicos.com/staff/iz/formats/wav.html

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can someone upload one or two of these cmp files? Would be interesting to have a look at them.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T -5

dunaud.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dunaud.zip
 Filesize:  18.2 KB
 Downloaded:  55 Time(s)

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's indeed a strange format and result has crap click noise
UI-G164.wav

UI-G164.wav
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.04 KB
 Viewed:  8976 Time(s)

Right Click To Download This File

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe its best if reveal my intentions first, as those might have an easier solution. Im trying to add more voices to group selections so you don't hear the same voice, like when you order a group of atreides units and move them, the voice "For the Duke" will play no matter how many times you click hoping to getting a different voice. I want to add more, I've tried editing lines in the AtreidesSFX.TXT but to no avail. Maybe this might be easier to address.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*looked wrong txt*

Last edited by ApolloTD on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which part were you editing? Are these from the SFX.txts? I edits the generalSFX,txts and added more sounds to the group attack, move, and select, tested the sarduakar and they all said the one same line over and over when I ordered them to move. "NO SURRENDER.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never changed them myself so can't be of help if those don't work, it's been too long, you'll probably have better luck at the dune editing forum asking, its possible they only accept limited entries, try put only custom ones in place to tell if work. Forgot also try control with random.

Ah I was mistaken by looking at old mod txt (not mine) that had shuffled them around. nvm what I said earlier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum