Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Trainz
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/istrainfactory-tag

See http://pastebin.com/jr91WdVM about IsTrain.

Also, please stop requesting stupid. Especially on a thread which is clearly not about feature requests now.

So, splitted.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

Last edited by Graion Dilach on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so you want trains to be created?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion - From what I undesrstood from that pastebin.com thing is that you want me to use WeponsFactory=no but that is very very ugly. Coming out of a factory is not. And, that answeres only 1 of those requests.

@NVH - yes!

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/unit-packs

Not that strange, but I bet this is a gigantic bitch to code.
Every unit in the pack has to be separately handled if you want them to have 1 health bar. (if they're all separate, then it's just a bunch of normal soldiers and void the entire idea, right?)

Parasite03 wrote:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/follow-advanced-command-bar-command

Without trains, I wouldn't see any reason to have something like this. You already have Ctrl+G (guard follow targeted friendly).
Besides that, if you want it to work exactly like it does with trains, it'll be a bitch to code as well.
The system is based on pre-existing units and takes a number from the index list of units on the map, something that's not always the same in every situation.
If you manually set it per unit, isn't that the same as Ctrl+G?

Parasite03 wrote:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/istrainfactory-tag

*Yawns*
Not considering the points above, this will be just plain stupid IMO.
You'd have a factory for 1 type of unit, which is train only.
It'll move on tracks (which are built manually, tile by tile?), and block all other train traffic because it's a single track.
If you want to play that badly with trains and tracks, this might entertain you more.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

trains are pointless to create.... they need tracks.... they need restricted to if you remove these then they are just a vehicle....

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
@Graion - From what I undesrstood from that pastebin.com thing is that you want me to use WeponsFactory=no but that is very very ugly. Coming out of a factory is not. And, that answeres only 1 of those requests.

No, it actually tells you everything you should know about the logic and it's usefulness.

Modding is an art, it's about working around stuff, not crying for everything. That WeaponsFactory=no workaround works and it's not ugly. You can use an airstrip and say it was sent that way. You can say it was teleported, even putting an AttachEffect animation for the unit with a delay of -1 as teleportanim.

See, I wasted 2 mins for this post, explaining you what is a difference between a modder and between a parasite... I mean you. Now, try to act like a modder, be creative, not a crybaby.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
if you want them to have 1 health bar.

No, actually, I meant it to be separate units. Just buil at once. It could be useful ,for example, when you have a tank. It can be supported by  3 other little tanks. It would be pointless to build those tanks themselves, but if you build the with the main tank - they are useful. Or may be packs of infantry.

-------

@Graion I try to be creative! It just takes time and words before I come up with something...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
No, actually, I meant it to be separate units. Just built at once. It could be useful ,for example, when you have a tank. It can be supported by 3 other little tanks. It would be pointless to build those tanks themselves, but if you build the with the main tank - they are useful.

Might I suggest if Spawn logic was expanded like many people want, this would actually be possible to do.

OR

A Range=-2 weapon with AreaFire=yes that spawns a multiple of infantry or self-destructing invisible buildings with FreeUnit=. These are the same methods people have been using since the beginning, it's really not hard to think up.

#Workarounds
#Spoonfed
#NoBrains (I hate hashtags FYI)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon