Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
(FS) Tiberium or Water? [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:  (FS) Tiberium or Water? [2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TIBERIUM OR WATER?

tiberium_or_water1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.35 MB
 Viewed:  7308 Time(s)

tiberium_or_water1.png

map.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.09 KB
 Viewed:  7532 Time(s)

map.png

tiberium_or_water_SC.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tiberium_or_water_SC.rar
 Filesize:  4.04 MB
 Downloaded:  146 Time(s)

Last edited by HG_SCIPCION on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting map!

Lots of details that's for sure. And lots of copy/pasted made ones at that! Many of which I like though some of them I'm not sure about. Such as using the bridge parts to make the water containment area. IMO Copy/Paste details should only be used if they flow together with everything well. As in no jagged sharp transitions unless it's from pavement to grass/dirt and no gaps between stuff. Which unfortunately the bridge copy/paste seems to have gaps in it which would make it...well..not hold water. but still a clever use of it!

The map was hard to determine balance based on the previews given so I opened it in Finalsun for a quick look. I found some things that typically skew balance...for example:
1- left side player has early access (and perhaps only access) to the 2 veinholes
2- right side player is near side specific capturables...really close to them at that. Hand of Nod and Nod radar to be specific...and should the deal with all the neutrals...they can get to a GDI warfactory and tech center fairly easily.
3-similarly the left player is near capturables though the biggest concern there is the GDI Barracks. as capturing power plants, especially with no Nodes isn't an efficient money thing half the time and the refinery is near useless without a harvester.
It's always best to stay away from putting down Barracks, Radars, warfactories, and tech centers when possible as they can cause balance issues by having one side of the other tech up early and also give them access to the other sides options. Now if you make it so it's central between the players and/or blocked off so that early access isn't likely then it becomes more okay.

trigger work looks good from what I observed and can see that the animations you added around the airport area where the 'Kodiak' is landed work in your provided screenie (those colorful dots!) and also the smoke in crevices here and there. so good job there.

lighting looks fairly well done based on the miniature mega preview you posted as well. Though the green in the bottom right corner looks perhaps a bit intense and there's some areas which may be a little too dark or having caused blockiness due to the hard change from light to dark in some spots. Overall though it's hard to judge having not played the map ingame and not having a larger mega preview to judge the lighting by. to add to the lighting area. I suggest when putting lighting for veinholes to not place them directly IN the VHM as this causes the VHM to always have it's 'open mouth' look going as it thinks it's eating something the entire time. Instead find a nearby slope and put it there. Why a slope? because there not only will not effect the main VHM but if it wasn't on a slope the veins would attack it and you'd get the vein attack animation playing at what appears to be nothing.

i can only judge gameplay based on what I saw in FS...to which i'll say the layout overall would provide a fairly straight forward route which is fine and it's open enough for semi large encounters. My biggest concern to gameplay is I feel players and especially the AI will have problems wasting too much time on the neutral things layout about. in many areas you have E1s sitting about and...should the venture a little northward in the center they'd run into the large outpost full of various neutrals. and...breaking the sandbag containment wall around which would unleash LOTS of floaters and visceroids. (some of which are in areas that can find their way to player bases or moving troops anyways)

I did see some cliff errors. Most notably using the 1 and 2 shift pieces (ya know the ones that kinda move the cliff section a cell back instead of a straight line) instead of where you should have used a 5 or even a 6. I didn't really look at the water shores as you have those covered by all the walls and are not really meant to be seen.

Overall it looks like it could be fun. though i'm not a fan of using lots of sandbags either (feel the mainly just get in the way...and give the AI something to shoot at too much).

I know....long review. I didn't have much else better to do this morning though and noticed this has went un-commented on. But good job and here's to hoping you continue to make interesting maps for the community!

btw...this made me lol....i'll leave the classic Aro comment and fist shaking for Aro though....
EDIT: Attachment removed now. as the show and tell part didn't need to last.

Last edited by Ixith on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope the download is suspended until the above "addition" to the map is removed. It doesn't matter whose name it is - it's stupid, immature, and hosting stuff that are a direct or indirect middle finger to someone is the last thing this site needs.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lmao, wow.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whats with the 'ztype aro' ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's indeed stupid and immature, but I'm not entirely sure if I'd suspend an otherwise pretty good looking map because of it. It mostly just hurts his own credibility after all - I doubt Aro's losing his sleep because of this #Tongue Although if behaviour like this was common, it'd really drop the quality of the community's assets so it'd probably indeed be best to put a stop to it before it gets worse.

It's either Banshee's or LKO's call I guess.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO it's a matter of respect and principle, so Crimsonum is right in this case.
Either have HG_SCIPCION edit the map and remove it, or remove the download.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do not understand what is wrong with me?

ARO if you can insult me​​, but I can?

Well, apparently all love ARO :/ .... new .... we are despised!!

This is my first map!!!
@ Crimsonum, the name of my it is - it's stupid, immature, and hosting?

baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, what would be a good name?
Depression? or Suicidal tendencies?
baaaaahhhhhhhhh ......

@ Ixith Thanks, what you wrote about my map helps me to make future maps ... this is my first map for TS ....

and .... >>>> "ztype RING" is removed now ....

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly did Aro did to you though?

Last thing I remember Aro doing is posting more updates about TI and what not.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

that's what i'm wondering. When i first saw it I did a quick search to see if there was any hostility between the two before. But I didn't see any...though like said it was a quick search. So I kinda assumed it was some kind of badly put hit towards the other for a chuckle if Aro saw it and make him go "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" complete with fist shaking of course.

and HC no problem. all maps should get some kind of review for the purpose of helping the maker become better at making maps. Though sometimes I just don't have the time to do as such for all TS/FS maps unfortunately.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

I would like to know this too, can't say I care that much though. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon