Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ares 0.6 available
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:  Ares 0.6 available Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys,
Ares 0.6 is out! If you have followed the development, it will hardly surprise you that 0.6 is a service release and does not contain as many new goodies as the previous ones. Many features were updated internally, but several glitches in the game were fixed also, like GIs in Battle Fortresses jamming Tesla Coils.

The new features can't be easily grouped under labels like "cloak", but some are related to each other. For example, CellSpread has been enhanced quite a bit, and it is now possible to make buildings only be hit by the same weapon once. So if you use warheads with obscenely large CellSpread values way beyond reason, that will work nicely and buildings will no longer be affected once for every cell of their foundation. No surprise there, is it?

That's almost all for today, and I think it isn't relly news to you. Maybe next time. If you had hoped for more: I also got the limits out of Sight.

See you soon for 0.7. Until then: Happy Modding!

Announcement: https://launchpad.net/ares/+announcement/12571
Download: https://launchpad.net/ares/+download
Documentation: http://ares-developers.github.com/Ares-docs/

Last edited by AlexB on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, mobile air aircraft carrier confirmed? I see that air units can dock in carriers in the air.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great news! ^.^

See you guys in the next "My plan for Ares 0.x"

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infinitive CellSpread is added? I thought that was a joke. D:

Also, custom building crew? How did I missed these, really?! D:

Good job, Alex.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one, AlexB!

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a full changelog of all of the versions you've worked on, Alex? I'm always curious as to the minutiae of the changes as well. I'm just weird like that.

Steam

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too. You work fast, Alex. Smile

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all, guys! Smile

FurryQueen and Aro: I don't keep a list of things I work on, but the source code is on GitHub (the 0.6 code will be available soon). You can look at the commit messages, and sometimes there are [...] boxes, which show some extended information. I try to give the reasons why a change was required or what the bug was, but most of the commits are intermediate steps and some cannot be connected to specific features or bugs. So this is the most detailled "who what when and why".

Another site is LaunchPad, where Ares tracks the feature requests and bugs. You can see the graph of all versions here. These are the added features and fixed bugs by version (the links below the lines are the releases).

A list of all issues I completed is here.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the release Alex, its too bad I never got a chance to bugtest it. As everyone says, you're doing a great job and fast.

I can't wait to try the fixed/enhanced CellSpread, that sounds very amazing.
EDIT: I see you managed to throw out the table lookup, so awesome.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Yeah, the lookup table is gone. I got a PM some time ago requesting this, and I implemented it around November, iirc. This feature was even included in some 0.5 builds, and sloppy me forgot to remove one line (thus some code of 0.5 was actually not compilable for weeks). It was a sneaky feature, though I didn't plan to do this. I tried to point it out and raise suspicion by coming up with this all the time, but all the people who tested it apparently thought that it was normal that CellSpread=12 or 22 worked on warheads, even if they announced their test results in a full chat room. Confused

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember there were 0.5 builds which had RadLevel expanded to infinite cellspread, but not the actual warhead, which IIRC I did found wait what... probably I missed the full chatroom one.

Sorry about that.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Though not much here, the things this release brings are pretty useful!
P.S. What about the fancy manual that was included in testing versions of Ares?

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If someone announced that in the chat room (i think after you yourself mentioned that warhead CellSpread was changed to use SW routines), then obviously that person didn't think it's normal. #Tongue

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03: If you mean a very long page with many features, that's the Ares before-0.2 documentation that is still bundled with the unstables. I should change that some time.

mevitar: Maybe. Laughing But yet another person said something like "I put CellSpread=12 on the Nuke and it worked". That also went unnoticed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon