Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Obelisk
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol @ LKO

The 'Dyson of Nod'

OrangeNero wrote:
The angle of the phallus is perfect. Keep it.

Phallus?
I would have refered to it as an obelisk but watever you prefer. You like erect phalluses

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can now never unsee this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, it's Spaceball-01.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And they said the original looked like a plunger.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What has been seen...

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
The angle of the phallus is perfect. Keep it.

Quote:
Phallus?
I would have referred to it as an obelisk but whatever you prefer. You like erect phallus'

Funny. I did not know I just guessed that the egypts were sex addicts so I came up with the word phallus. I googled the word Obelisk with Phallus and guess what came out of it:

http://www.christian-restoration.com/fmasonry/obelisks.htm
Quote:
From this it is a small step to the conclusion that the benben or obelisk was itself a phallic symbol. Whether of osiris , Re or fertility in general, it was a symbol of fatherhood ‘The rock that begot’

You see, architecture and culture is full of phalluses. And TBH a phallus is quite something aesthetic. What shape would you prefer? Curled like a pig's tail?

You might also want to check out the text about the Washington monument http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallic_architecture
Quote:
is often seen as a prime example of phallic architecture and American masculinity.

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now it's match 2x2.. Smile
We can use this in original solo map without problem. Very Happy
Thanks very much. Keep good works..

The Brotherhood will very pleased when it's complete.
Fight for Nod! Yeah..

Just ignore those "off topic" talks.. Laughing

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh for God's sake, LKO.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, couldn't resist again Orac. Embarassed Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic LKO!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a conundrum. Freedom of speech is good, and I'm still sore about being on the receiving end of having a post containing a piece of parody deleted without warning... but the fact that LKO already posted the same in staff and got his reaction there leads me to wonder whether this is really a necessary piece of discussion.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd suggest to make it small and not so big, maybe even a tad smaller in scale than the vanilla TS obelisk, possibly.
i like it tough but LKO has a point, the way it is now seems unattached to the ground and this gives all the more impression of a vacuum cleaner...tough i may failed in designing the concept or fleshing it out as i made only 1 concept.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject:  3ds format Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we get 3ds format for both models? Or at least the old one?
I wanna use it for training template.. Embarassed

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Donut's render template is available for download in the Media Hut. For reasons unexplained, the topic is not stickied, afaik.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: consume 3x3 space Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

luxycomplex wrote:
This model required 3x3 room! I think it will a bit problem if used in original campaign which only take 2x2 space. May be good for Cabal base defense in new missions..

I think I like this one alittle better, i played around with it abit and has some ideas if you may light these not exactly the way they are in this picture just the concept of appearance too but I just did this in mspaint =] With 3d you guys could do a way better job either way actually

(crap bad quality gif changed it, it wouldnt let me upload bmp)

print2.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.93 KB
 Viewed:  5326 Time(s)

print2.GIF

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That model was replaced because Vef never did any of the required surrounding shps - the buildup and damage frames.

If I ever revisit my model, I'll take your thoughts into account.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sketched up a concept for the obelisk some years ago, that I always kind of liked

obe.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.6 KB
 Viewed:  5284 Time(s)

obe.png

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

orac I mizewell show you this one too i changed it to make the top of the obelisk directly in the middle of the shp so FLH doesn't screw you possibly

ping.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.46 KB
 Viewed:  5264 Time(s)

ping.PNG

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heey it's the cock of Horus. Man, he must have been one horny god.

But yeah this looks awesome.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon