Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Dune 2000
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject:  Dune 2000 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to play some dune 2000 but I've seen a few people saying it doesnt run on 64bit machines, is this true?

Also I know westwood was bought out by EA and all the C&C games (from westwood) was released for free download, but what about Dune 2000? Who owns the rights to it?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could not get it working on Vista. I haven't, but should try it now that I have 7.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found a video of a guy playing it on win 7 64 bit, he was using a virtual machine, so no gold for you, and as far as I remember, EA lost the rights to make more dune games shortly after making emperor, Will update if I find anything.

And really sorry to spam you but I'm forced to.

Edit: Here's the video for Proof You can try following the few steps he gives there...

Last edited by Nolt on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

noki
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you don't manage to run it, there is a Dune 2000 mod for OpenRA (Though I'm not sure if it is complete )

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah unfortunately, even though I've seen it running on Win7 64-bit it doesn't on mine. Even after getting around the install (which never works on Win7) the game simply launches to black and no simple properties settings seem to make it work, which makes me cry.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have Dune 2000 working on Windows 7 Pro x64. I had to find a portable version so I skipped the installation entirely and it runs fine. It just badly stretched since I have a widescreen resolution and it doesn't support it. Still playing with DxWND to make it run in a window. When it's all said and done, I will provide links.

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In related news, Fen confirmed to be [nearly*] Jesus.

Edited.
*Like... Moses or something?

Last edited by Orac on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be if I could get DxWND to play nice with Dune 2000. Just flat refuses to force it into a window. Once I figure that out, I'll give everyone Dune 2000 goodness. #Tongue

Steam

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That changes everything... gotta install that game on my old win xp, if it still lives, and then pass it to the other computer.
thx for the info, time to search for the game.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump! Contact me via PM if you wanna know how to play Dune2000 on Win 7. Smile

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check these sites out and you can get D2K working on Win7 with high resolution and skirmish allies, custom campaigns, tones of shiz.

www.dune2k.com

http://d2kplus.com/

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum