Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
RotD Download Comments
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [203 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well normally the most expensive units need the highest tech.

The rocket launchers were dodgy, it was too much hassle building them, couldn't a radar be enough?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember, the Launcher has very little health. If it cost more than 800 no one would EVER build it.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
But still, you must consider... if it's enough to take out the barracks, it can also take out the constuction yard. That'd be a bit too much imo.

That would be too much indeed, but due to gameplay reasons I made the con yard much stronger, actually only the temple is heavier armored in RotD (I think).

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
As I said before.. WHY? It was that way in TD, and it was OK there.

It's not about the CY being weak. It's the barracks that are pretty strong. Keep in mind that an Ion Cannon DOES take out a weapons factory.

NOT an AIRFIELD, and I consider that unfair......

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyer... Ion Cannon does NOT take a War Factory alone... I tested that when I played with MyTrust on monday.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not anymore? It did in all my 2.2 games. I think it's a bit too powerful. Make it like with the refinerys, you can take em out with a few orca's and an ioncannon.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Not anymore? It did in all my 2.2 games. I think it's a bit too powerful. Make it like with the refinerys, you can take em out with a few orca's and an ioncannon.

I hope you were drunk while you were saying that, think about the NUKE!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Nyer... Ion Cannon does NOT take a War Factory alone... I tested that when I played with MyTrust on monday.

I was talking about C&C1, not ROTD Rolling Eyes

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you are Knowingly:

Giving the nuke more power
Lessening the ion cannon

Also don't give me the single player nuke crap:
Reaperrr said to me he based it on MULTIplayer, so I consider it as such!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eeh... afaik the Ion Cannon is exactly the same in MP.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NO,l It cant destroy the War Factory, and you claimed it could, just beef it up, jeez.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MyTrust wrote:

Reaperrr said to me he based it on MULTIplayer, so I consider it as such!

?

RotD is based on C&C1 multiplayer when it comes to the TechTree, Ion Cannon is the same in TD multi and single, Nuke is as strong as in single because else it wouldn't work with area effect.
to compensate that, I made the reload time difference between the two superweapons bigger and the splash damage of the ion cannon against units and 1-cell buildings stronger than it was in TD.

that's all about it.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well The Ion Cannon is not strong enough IMO, It should be a Beam Blue Beam of Burning Boom, not a flash light.....

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in TD the ion cannon was still in testing wasnt it? if it was then it would be weak...

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in TD the ion cannon was in testing but it wipes out a entire nod base in a FMV ..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the nuke: i can remember that Nuke in TD was more powerful. The power of the one still present in RoTD 2.3 seems to be like RA1 Atom Bomb, that was unable to destroy a little building.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the nuke in TD singelplayer for Nod was a ONE OFF special.

The nuke is based off the MP AFAIK

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They CAN'T DO a single nuke. It's imposible to code.

PUOJACKZ wrote:
About the nuke: i can remember that Nuke in TD was more powerful. The power of the one still present in RoTD 2.3 seems to be like RA1 Atom Bomb, that was unable to destroy a little building.

Actually, the RA1 single player nuke is just as powerful as the C&C1 one.
But I do think that the ROTD nuke should at least be able to destroy a couple of adv. power plants...

oh, and Reaperrr... in C&C1 the Nuke did NOT need power to charge #Tongue

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... so is a newer... less buggy more accurate version in the making... because I'll hold off mirroring the file until its done in that case, as it would take me forever to upload on my 56k.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone knows why is Nuke and Ion Cannon given reconection errors in 2.3? Specially the Ion... What was the change made in these things?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Does anyone knows why is Nuke and Ion Cannon given reconection errors in 2.3? Specially the Ion... What was the change made in these things?

damage, nothing else o.O

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did the Atomic Bomb give Renons? or was it just the Ion Cannon?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ion Cannon does for sure... as for Nukes I'm not that sure.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Ion Cannon does for sure... as for Nukes I'm not that sure.

maybe it really is because of the increased damage... i'll try decreasing the damage value, but increasing the efficiency... not sure if that helps, but who knows.

btw I'm sorry about the lack of updates recently, but I was busy (and still am) with some real-life issues, but I'll try to get a small 2.31 update ready for tomorrow.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its been solved.
My ION Cannon Image was messed up and when fired..showed 15 instead of 1 solid beam. O_o

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw, if you just edit the warhead of the nuke, so that it won't leuve (as much) flames after impact, wouldn't it fix that the game slows down?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eeh... the slowdown isn't a problem IMO. And the flames are the major part of the nuke's damage. It's the way they came up with to make the Nuke have a spread damage like it has in TD.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe they could make it like a multi missile with invisble clusters?

About the airstrike, can't this be done the same way as the plane that drops the units at the airfield?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the problem is a cluster missile has inaccuracy. And also... making enough clusters to damage the same area completely would prolly give the same amount of lag.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so wheres 2.31? :p

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How 'bout the airstrike?

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes... where is 2.31? I'm waiting for that as well, so I can mirror. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was confusing me too #CHanges

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JThemen wrote:
How 'bout the airstrike?
Psh. the soloution,you will never guess the answer.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. Car, don't tease the outsiders.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the_kid wrote:
yes... where is 2.31?

sorry, I really lack time currently, but I hope to have it ready tomorrow.

the ini stuff is done, just have to build in the new transport heli voxels and modify the winter theater mix-file.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crap. i need to send you the new MLRS i did. i'll post it up at the beta forum in 2 hours,alright?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously, can't this be done the same way as that cargo plane that drops Nod's units at the airfield?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop asking,you'll find out when the next mappack is done...

UnderOATH
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi. I just want to say thank you for your work, reaperr. This is the greatest mod ever. Everyone in my family loved the old Tiberian Dawn game and we all used to play LAN. But now it doesnt work for XP. We can play it now though thanks to this mod. Its great. And dont feel rushed. take all the time you need.  Smile  

However, i noticed you made all the units stronger and the infantry slower. I think you should keep it like the first version and the most accurate to the original game. I would be pleased if you keep it accurate. I dont really like Tiberian sun at all but I installed it because of this mod.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UnderOATH wrote:
Hi. I just want to say thank you for your work, reaperr. This is the greatest mod ever. Everyone in my family loved the old Tiberian Dawn game and we all used to play LAN. But now it doesnt work for XP. We can play it now though thanks to this mod. Its great. And dont feel rushed. take all the time you need.  Smile  

However, i noticed you made all the units stronger and the infantry slower. I think you should keep it like the first version and the most accurate to the original game. I would be pleased if you keep it accurate. I dont really like Tiberian sun at all but I installed it because of this mod.

hehe ya i don't want to de-advertise rotd, but you can actually play tiberian dawn on XP and now also over LAN...

yaya and this after 10000 years of waiting...anyway...rotd on 1024 is kinda more playable Wink

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. way more maps. you guys should get on XWIS,im sure you would have one hell of a ball with us. (especally Alk's commentairy.)

UnderOATH
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

subXaero wrote:
UnderOATH wrote:

hehe ya i don't want to de-advertise rotd, but you can actually play tiberian dawn on XP and now also over LAN...

yaya and this after 10000 years of waiting...anyway...rotd on 1024 is kinda more playable Wink

So how is this possible? I have a nod and gdi cd with windows 95 edition. I know about  running in 95 compatibilty but... i always get this error message
the procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UnderOATH wrote:
subXaero wrote:
UnderOATH wrote:

So how is this possible? I have a nod and gdi cd with windows 95 edition. I know about  running in 95 compatibilty but... i always get this error message
the procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

mr nyer got me these links:

http://www.planetcnc.com/features/techtroopers/classicsInXP/ (scroll down for cnc95)
and for LAN-Play
http://www.planetcnc.com/features/techtroopers/tibdawnOverTCP/

i've not had any time to try it out yet, but nyer just flooded me with how happy he is being able to play cnc1 with other players Wink

UnderOATH
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you kindly, sir.  Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heck, you can even play DOS C&C online with that :p

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: patch 2.4 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

version 2.4 is now officially released, go to fist page in this topic for the download.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
and also the 1st renegade level.

It didn't destroy it, It deactivated it. I t probably hit the cluster of power plants at the back of the base.

"Banned" RP here

pizza!!
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome i gotta go downloAD IT NOW.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pizza!! wrote:
Awesome i gotta go downloAD IT NOW.

RIGHT NOW?

NO!!! WAIT A SECOND

okey here you go

Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [203 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon