Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject:  Tutorial Requests
Subject description: Post all your tutorial requests in this topic ONLY! Do not post them outside it.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

The Red Army Tutorials forum is a place to share tutorials only. It is not a place to ask questions, request tutorials or ask where is a tutorial about something. You can ask questions and ask where you can find a tutorial about something at the Red Alert 3 Editing Forum only. If you have any requests for a tutorial, this is the only topic in this forum where you can do it. Simply post your reply with a tutorial request and pray for a good soul to make this tutorial for you. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Jon Fox
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can someone produce a tutorial for disabling construction options?

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jon Fox wrote:
Can someone produce a tutorial for disabling construction options?

Not Nessary to make new thread for this,
Simply Make a new script, don't enter anything in truth logic,
Move to If True and make a new Truth under Player/Build/allow or disallow one Building of specific type, this encludes Units.

Once you've done that then Repeat for Additonal Buildings/Units.

*Not this does not work for Upgrades, You'll need different Script or Truth For that*

This can be used to Reduce Tech trees and Super weapons, which is always a Fav For Most, It cannot Allow Construction of campagin units such as the Tesla Tank.
Also Conside that if you are going to remove a unit, the Effects of balance
, this can be vital in making a fair map for Everyone.

Gwandi110
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can someone make a tutorial or just tell me how make those things were your units can drive up and down a cliff (forgot the name)

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gwandi110 wrote:
can someone make a tutorial or just tell me how make those things were your units can drive up and down a cliff (forgot the name)

Can you Be anymore specific,
Suchs as wether you are looking for ramps which are made in World Builder,
Or Ramps Made By Floating Island Fortresses.

Or are you looking for something which helps Units Drive over mountains and Really Harsh Terrain which no ground unit can normaly Drive across?

Gwandi110
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberianFiend wrote:
Gwandi110 wrote:

Can you Be anymore specific,
Suchs as wether you are looking for ramps which are made in World Builder,
Or Ramps Made By Floating Island Fortresses.

Or are you looking for something which helps Units Drive over mountains and Really Harsh Terrain which no ground unit can normaly Drive across?

Yeah I'm looking for ramps on "normal" maps

can someone also tell what a good size is for a 3v3 map

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gwandi110 wrote:

Yeah I'm looking for ramps on "normal" maps

can someone also tell what a good size is for a 3v3 map

Ramp Tool Can help you,
if ya havn't seen it on the top bar,
Click Drag and place ramp, adjust Width Accordingly,
its covered in making Ramps for my Floating Fortress Here.

For a good 3v3 anything 475x475+

Gwandi110
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey I'm back. Just wondering if anyone could link me to a good tutorial on how to make scripts in the RA3 worldbuilder?

Edit: And if anyone could tell me how to make bridges then that would be awesome too can't seem to find out how to myself Confused

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gwandi110 wrote:
Hey I'm back. Just wondering if anyone could link me to a good tutorial on how to make scripts in the RA3 worldbuilder?

Edit: And if anyone could tell me how to make bridges then that would be awesome too can't seem to find out how to myself Confused

Bridges are much like the ones in KW and TW WB.
they are buildings found in civilian faction, under different styles as structures.

As for scripting, really all you need is to understand basic logic, find what your looking for, link it to a counter or timer if necessary.

try out a few simple things like this:

***IF***
TRUE.

THEN
[Action if true]
Player <all> cannot build type <Allied> = <True>
------
{find the script above under Player\Build\Allow or Disallow one building of a specific type}

You should find the faction[Allies\unit you selected to be disabled] any player will not be able to construct it, with a lock replacing the building/unit art.
scripts can do alot,
play around with them and you may make a script which effectively adds or takes features which you wouldn't otherwise consider to,instantly set up bases for no cost, add infinite cashplace conditions on tech structures,
cause SWs/support powers to be used from an off map location,the list goes on....

really its down to your experience with the scripts you use and the way you use them, aka look around, theres afew good scripts laying around which no one has thought to use, or missed in the endless stream of options.

Gwandi110
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question about the making a mini-map. I found a tutorial and it says:

Go to the edit menu and uncheck waypoints, object maps, until all you see is the bare map and the objects on it.

but when I got the the edit menu (it is above the tool bar between "file" and "Texture sizing" right?) I don't have any options to uncheck

also: which textures are used on the official map "rock ridge" I can't find them >.<

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gwandi110 wrote:
I have a question about the making a mini-map. I found a tutorial and it says:

Go to the edit menu and uncheck waypoints, object maps, until all you see is the bare map and the objects on it.

but when I got the the edit menu (it is above the tool bar between "file" and "Texture sizing" right?) I don't have any options to uncheck

also: which textures are used on the official map "rock ridge" I can't find them >.<

should have option like kw and TW WB, view is the tab if not then edit,
take a screen dump of bird's eye view of the map and then crop the map using the orange border line as a guide, then you can ether try to make a EA styled mini map With it, or you can use the cropped version.
as mentioned on your first RA3 map, i'll happyly make a Ea styled Mini map for ya, if you send me the cropped version.

If you are going to try the ea style on your own then I have a palette download here.

You will need a Program like PSP or Photoshop to do it, I haven't personaly tested Gimp or photoshop though.

I think i'll make a colour chart for Cliff lines as well.

Gwandi110
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question about scripts: Is there an easy way to make (for example) every infantry unit except engineers unbuildable (I wonder if that even is a word) without making a different script for every infantry unit?

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gwandi110 wrote:
I have a question about scripts: Is there an easy way to make (for example) every infantry unit except engineers unbuildable (I wonder if that even is a word) without making a different script for every infantry unit?

Yes however you would need to block all the other infantry to do so for a safe answer,
you could set the faction to be unable to build units but you would need to unlock air and armour by yourself, this isn't tested by me but its possible but unlikely and would be easyer to disable the infantry instead.

In the *IF* TRUE statement area enter:
player/permissions/(then there should be an option to disable a specific type of unit/structure or a specific player).
you should leave the conditions alone:

*IF*
TRUE
-------------
THEN
----------------
IF TRUE
----------------
IF FALSE
--------------

Gwandi110
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how do you make it rain? do you have to make a script? because if I go to edit map settings and set weather to rain it does nothing Confused

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to extract Audio (voices etc) from RA3?

if so what tools do I need?

Jon Fox
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any way to make maps play custom music files?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could anyone tell me how to add in the Archer Maiden, my favorite Uprising unit?

samirabaza
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: new units in skirmishAI mode Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello modders
can anyone tell me how to get the AI players enemy or co player to use and train my custom units
and how to edit the main Menu graphics and fonts

samirabaza
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: main menu UI editing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

main menu UI editing using cnc tools apt2xml----->editing--->xml2apt eaf--->swf--->editing---eaf
containing replacing itmes movie ,dynamic and static items
editing the tga files of the fe_shared_mainmenulib folders to be accepted by the ra3 mod sdk v3 with patch 1.12

PTHunterBR
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: .BIG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good day guys,
I would like if possible, a tutorial on how I can extract a file .BIG, and a way to compile it again.

google did not help much. Confused

Thank you.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we add custom units and MindControl logic???

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: .BIG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PTHunterBR wrote:
Good day guys,
I would like if possible, a tutorial on how I can extract a file .BIG, and a way to compile it again.

google did not help much. Confused

Thank you.

You should use OS BIG Editor 0.58 Alpha. It opens Refpack encoded BIG files and it saves them as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon