Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun 1.0
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun 1.0 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've long lost my tiberian sun game and have been using the EA decade version as I'm sure most others are aswell. At some point I remember hearing that the fog of war did function without crashing on an older version, aswell the orca transport logic. Does anyone know if this rings true? I would test this myself but I cannot find a 1.0 no-cd crack anywhere...

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Orca Transport logic did work fine up to Firestorm patch. I think the fog of war and random map gen was broke some time before the Firestorm patch.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have version 1.0.8
everything works fine

its even more stable than 2.0 with firestorm

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that so.... interesting, maybe my next mod will be built over an older version.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper patch fixed the Orca Transport logic. As for geting the other working again I have no idea.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can find different patches/versions of the game here.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:
Is that so.... interesting, maybe my next mod will be built over an older version.

you would miss some stuff from Firestorm then #Tongue

1 annoying thing of old vanilla versions, building walls cell by cell, no lined place
-
no spider clustering missiles
-
no droppod superweapon
-
no "common" structure types
-
no portable war factories
-
no mutated plant life on maps

maybe I missed some #Tongue

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 annoying thing of old vanilla versions, building walls cell by cell, no lined place

Line placement for walls was done before Firestorm I think...

no portable war factories

Can be done using Tick Tank key. Deploy facing will be wrong but should still work.

no mutated plant life on maps

Plants can be done still. Should be done by temperat.ini/snow.ini

Other things that can be done in pre Firestorm

No Tiberium Floater.

Limpet's attach logic won't work.

Juggernaut's BurstDelay0= and BurstDelay1= won't work but the Burst=3 should work fine.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fog Of War has a always been a rare random crash, but as the years go by and computers get more powerful and advanced, the crash is far more common.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm testing 1.17 and I haven't crashed yet with fog of war, dropship and transport work without the hyper fix. I also found pre-firestorm you can't save skirmish matches which could be a problem for some.

I'll try out 2.0 and see what turns up.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you can defiantly pin point the patch when Fog Of War started to cause continuous crashes, I might be able to find the cause or change that might have made this happen.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With Version 1.17 shroud and aircraft work correctly, but when I upgrade to Firestorm 2.0 the game crashes around 5 minutes in with the shroud and the transport/dropship won't land. They must have changed a few things around at the cost of others and since not many people play with shroud on and air transports are not used, it wasn't a big issue. The only things I'd hate to lose using a pre-firestorm game is drop pod and skirmish save games.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you able to accurately confirm which version of TS is the latest one that doesn't crash with Fog of War enabled? I personally only seem to get the crashes while playing online, so I can't reliably test it myself.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.08 - No Crash
Version 1.13 - No Crash
Version 1.17 - No Crash
Version 2.0 TS - Crashed
Version 2.0 FS - Crashed
Version 2.03 TS - Crashed
Version 2.03 FS - Crashed

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:
Version 1.08 - No Crash
Version 1.13 - No Crash
Version 1.17 - No Crash
Version 2.0 TS - Crashed
Version 2.0 FS - Crashed
Version 2.03 TS - Crashed
Version 2.03 FS - Crashed

Can you try with Version 1.17a please?

http://cchyper.cncnet.org/prj/ts/ww_patches/117a/

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Sun 1.0 is different with the original Tiberian Sun???

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"TS 1.0" is in fact TS 1.08, stock TS installation.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been messing with this today and figured out how to consistently reproduce these crashes:
Enable a map reveal trigger so that you can see the whole map when the game starts and then move your screen all the way to the bottom. Then while the shroud is growing, keep scrolling your screen up and down so that the bottom of your screen keeps going over the bottom border of the shroud and it shouldn't take long before the IE happens then.
It appears to be necessary to do this on a detailed map however, because the crash doesn't seem to happen when the bottom border of the fog just passes over clear ground.

In any case, I've tried a decent number of TS versions and found that the crashes actually also happen with versions 1.17A, 1.17 and 1.13. Versions 1.15C refused to run and version 1.08 couldn't detect my CD-Rom drive, although I doubt it would've made a difference.

So unless it doesn't happen in version 1.08, it's safe to say that the FoW crashes really happen in all versions of TS, although I did discover that much like with the WaveClass Errors, the FoW crashes also relate to being cut off by the bottom of the screen.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How does a exception.log file look like for the fog of war crash?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's one (Eip:0046C7E2).

By the way, it appears to be much quicker to reproduce FoW crashes when using a high resolution.
Although I did manage to reproduce it with with 720x576 once (I didn't manage to after trying it again), I haven't been able to get the crash with 720x480 and 640x480 at all.

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:

I've seen older
dunno if it was warez pre-release
but the one I saw missed some animations (like hand of nod lights) and Lasers were thin like in TD until it was updated via WOL

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was TS demo made. I don't knw what version of exe it is.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if demo doesn't have ability to auto update via WOL
then it aint it

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea. I got it once to see what it has that was not in norm TS years ago.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I haven't been able to get the crash with 720x480 and 640x480 at all.

I think that's the reason why it wasn't found. In the early years only very few knew how to enable high resolutions and probably only a few played with them. Even monitors supported back then only a max of 1024x768.
In addition was surely no one able to decipher EIPs back then, so when a crash happened, no one was able to pinpoint the problem on FOW and they just ticked that off under "random crashes".

\Edit
Do you tested if it's FOW only or ShroudGrow=yes as well?
It might help finding the reason of these crashes and test what happens when you set
FogOfWar=no
ShroudGrow=yes

Do different rates on ShroudRate and FogRate increase/decrease the chance of a crash?

Public SHPs

Tools

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
CCHyper wrote:

I've seen older
dunno if it was warez pre-release
but the one I saw missed some animations (like hand of nod lights) and Lasers were thin like in TD until it was updated via WOL

There is no PreRelease or Beta 'Warez', the stock TS installation is 1.08, the TS Demo is 1.15.

If you have seen older then, I guess you are only that person to have done...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:

Most likely you've just had Visual Details set to Low.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to get the orca transport to actually land and stay landed, then unload all passengers at once, instead of the land, drop one guy off, then rise back up, land again, drop another off, etc?

Cause thats really annoying.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use Hyper Patch v0.3 and remove Carryall=yes from the unit.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn DTA should try this out! The Chinooks are annoying as of right now.

Actually I haven't tested chinooks in latest patch.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is, without chinooks there would be no way to transport vehicles on a island.
DTA would need another carryall aircraft to fulfill this role then.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I think that being able to quickly transport MCVs and other slow units over long distances is more important than having a better working infantry air transport unit.

In addition the air transport fix in HPv0.3 comes with the issue that players aren't prevented from unloading an aircraft's infantry while it's docked with a helipad, which then causes the infantry to disappear and once this has happened, you become unable to lose the game (even if you surrender), considering our infantry are still alive for as far as the game is concerned.

This bug is something you can surely put up with in personal mods and even smaller public mods, but I don't think it's acceptable with a larger public mod such as DTA or TI.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can still force-docking an aircraft even if it doesn't has the helipad listed under Dock, right?
I wonder if there's a way to make one aircraft completely unable to land on helipads.
Would be no problem if new build helitrans spawn instead next to the helipad or fly in from the next map edge.

Public SHPs

Tools

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh I had forgotten that the chinooks can carry one tank at a time. DEFINITELY want that for island MCV expansion.

I mean, some islands have shores. So maybe you could build a Naval Yard and have a Hovercraft?

But as for the islands that do not have any shore landings, just sharp jagged cliff edges - the Chinook is the only way.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS engine doesn't has any vehicle/vehicle transport. The only vehicle transport is the aircraft carryall. Unfortunately.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon