Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxel To prevent nesting
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:  Voxel To prevent nesting
Subject description: Graphical Question
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels Nesting block

soru.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  530.27 KB
 Viewed:  3694 Time(s)

soru.jpg

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aside from using a smaller scale for voxels nothing you can do.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add to Ares!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's nothing to do with that because the engine thinks in cubes regarding units and buildings. You can't just change that.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excuse my offtopic question, but what does the "Airfield Upgrade" do, Bysc?

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
Excuse my offtopic question, but what does the "Airfield Upgrade" do, Bysc?

Not exactly an upgrade rather expansion

P.S Paint Level 9999

pill.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  595.47 KB
 Viewed:  3613 Time(s)

pill.jpg

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another thing, WHY SO MANY WALLS

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
Add to Ares!

Do you have any idea/suggestion how to solve it in a realistic way?
Because things like UnitFoundation that works like Foundation for buildings so the adjacent cells can't be occupied would be like asking for shader support or a render engine for 3ds models.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game uses tiles, so things overlap when they are visually larger.  This is a side-effect of the game being tile based.

In fact, overlapping units is an issue in 3D games too.  Maybe this is because most devs accept that some realism corners need to be cut in order to keep the gameplay experience smooth and enjoyable.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think people know to ignore DARTzO by now with his nonsense suggestions being totally unqualified on the background of the issue. Yeah that works, just say FIX IT SANTA!

Besides if we 'somehow' mustered in unit foundations, we'd have MAJOR pathfinding problems, so to fix one problem, we would just get another far worse one apart from the fact the game design from start intentionally built it wrong in this case as its easier for pathfinding to ignore it than do it properly ironicly and too many games 2D or 3D have same issue.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In order to remove this you'd first need to remove the tile system or add a tag such as [TechnoType] Clearance = number

This would mean that the tank would need a clearance of X and then you could also have a tag called Clearance.Type = 0,1 or 2

0 would be Vehicles, meaning vehicles only can't pass
1 would be infantry, meaning infantry only can't pass
2 would be all, meaning nothing can pass

I think this could work but it's most likely an unnecessary feature, although it would be nice...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could be done, but you would have to change the system to read leptons for vehicle types instead of cells. Have fun coding that #Tongue

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahahhaha no >Sad

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gistop wrote:
Another thing, WHY SO MANY WALLS

I love Walls

indir.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.21 KB
 Viewed:  3518 Time(s)

indir.jpg

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
I think people know to ignore DARTzO by now with his nonsense suggestions being totally unqualified on the background of the issue. Yeah that works, just say FIX IT SANTA!

Really? As if you don't have the self glorified PPM intelligence to back up your gloated ego from your past posts in your attempts to have a human conversation, discussion or an argument with me?

I gave up trying to have a serious discussion on here a long time ago as everyone is too serious and critical to the point of socially awkward condescending behavior. Now I just post silly things that side step your realizations about trolling and go straight for the ego. Such righteous lot ye are, can't even socialize properly anymore. Too bad no one here respects others like normal people would, it would make it easier to respect you guys and to contribute to ppm.

Seems like calling people idiots for not being as knowledgeable in certain areas seem to be the way instead of realistic impressions of "hey this guy is actually trying to make something, but probably doesn't have the time to learn everything in the z-typing world so he could sound like a smartass on the forum".

@Ontopic, I understand it would be complicated to say the least, but ain't there a way to use the voxel bounds from the HVA/VXL file itself.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That makes absolutely no sense. I mean, seriously? "I gave up trying to have a serious discussion on here a long time ago as everyone is too serious". Whut?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should read the rest of it to understand WHAT they are being serious about.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
@Ontopic, I understand it would be complicated to say the least, but ain't there a way to use the voxel bounds from the HVA/VXL file itself.

The graphical renderer is a complete subclass on it's own. I doubt this is the case.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Josh Is 25% Larger
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
ApolloTD wrote:

Really? As if you don't have the self glorified PPM intelligence to back up your gloated ego from your past posts in your attempts to have a human conversation, discussion or an argument with me?

I gave up trying to have a serious discussion on here a long time ago as everyone is too serious and critical to the point of socially awkward condescending behavior. Now I just post silly things that side step your realizations about trolling and go straight for the ego. Such righteous lot ye are, can't even socialize properly anymore. Too bad no one here respects others like normal people would, it would make it easier to respect you guys and to contribute to ppm.

Seems like calling people idiots for not being as knowledgeable in certain areas seem to be the way instead of realistic impressions of "hey this guy is actually trying to make something, but probably doesn't have the time to learn everything in the z-typing world so he could sound like a smartass on the forum".

If you are not a voxel or shp contributor, you are going to get bashed whenever you write an incorrect statement.
Also, Apollo is famous for personal attacks on community members.
I really dont know what hes problem is, but I suspect it's depression and hatred towards life.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Josh Is 25% Larger wrote:
If you are not a voxel or shp contributor, you are going to get bashed whenever you write an incorrect statement.
Also, Apollo is famous for personal attacks on community members.
I really dont know what hes problem is, but I suspect it's depression and hatred towards life.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol ^

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only workaround is making things smaller.

And... REALLY? REALLY?!!

You want the thing that makes the newer CnC Titles (IMO) more annoying to amass units with. Traffic Jams with your own units. Plus with how stupid the pathfinding is on the older titles you want to mess up the Pathfinding even more?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stupid pathfinding? I'll be honest, still better than ZH's.

=======================

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if people build normal sized voxels there would be no problem. once you start going crazy the game changes..... MO is the exception to the rule since i played this mod way back

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
if people build normal sized voxels there would be no problem. once you start going crazy the game changes..... MO is the exception to the rule since i played this mod way back

Kinda hard if you want to have "Epic" Units or just large-scale units like Transport Helicopters or the Kirov Airhsip.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, personally I have been working on some full 255 length tanks for a while now... the problem with them is finding the right balance in between too little detail and too much detail.

On the other hand, I love epic units...

EDIT: I just noticed that your bunker cameo is from Condition Red #Tongue

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gistop wrote:
Yeah, personally I have been working on some full 255 length tanks for a while now... the problem with them is finding the right balance in between too little detail and too much detail.

On the other hand, I love epic units...

EDIT: I just noticed that your bunker cameo is from Condition Red #Tongue

Better than cameo ı could not find Smile

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR I

ITS HEAD GOT CHOPPED OFF

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon