Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Merging&reducing buildings
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:  Merging&reducing buildings
Subject description: functional game with less buildings
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am experimenting with reducing the amount of buildings to build without messing the game up (crash or broken ai). Such as:

Merging the service depot with the conyard
Eliminating the tech center
Reducing need for power plants and eliminating nuke reactor
Merging radar with some building maybe with new conyard
No more gap generator & cloning vats & ore purifier & industrial plant
No more refinery.

In short I try to reduce the buildings to the bare minimum possible. Will post how it goes.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The minimum is; Conyard, Barracks, War Factory, Airfield, Naval Yard. If Factory= could list more then one type you could make the game work with only one building.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you still need the Ore Refinery or the AI will go stupid. If you're not worried about the AI, Refineries aren't necessary.

Steam

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why would you want to elminate buildings? u need power....

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because this is a modding forum and some people here like to change fundamental aspects of the game?

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnC 4 Gameplay. You had only the Crawer that builded anything. Mig Eater is right!

MigEater:
If Factory= could list more then one type you could make the game work with only one building.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Refinery can be skipped if you give a high enough amount in the Cash Generation Tags on a building (Maybe the Con Yard)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Merging&reducing buildings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
without messing the game up (crash or broken ai)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/895529/comments/13

Note that it turned out even BuildBarracks is a must for the game to not crash and FS-21 was wrong there.

Not like if it matters at your case because ten bucks you'll be using TibEd and it will likely make your mod running on the aptly name Bug Tree Architecture as in:
Renegade wrote:
it's based on game theory and the idea that, given enough bugs, all bugs together will form an equilibrium and ensure the correct running of the code

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI isn't broken if you remove refineries, you just need a building under BuildRefinery.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnC 4 sucks ass......

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

judging from the flood of MOBA games swarming the market CnC4 was ahead of its time.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
I feared it would build some just like the mcv when its lost.

The AI does not rebuild it's MCV unless you tell it to do so. Via aimd. On the other hand, the AI does build additional harvesters specified as per [General]->HarvestersPerRefinery.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But since it had no refineries it won't build any.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How come people here all think they can tell others what they have to do? You can only give advice. What they do with the advice is up to them.
I have no need for fancy modding stuff and besides the apc passenger pip thing from SuperJoe worked for example.

You don't get it do you? I know what I want to do and how. That might not be how and what you want to do hence why you do it the other way.

Orac you're free to come up with some recommendations. I like your approach lets make this a comedy show. We already got a fan below.

I feel kinda sad for all the content creators all over the web who don't get the same amount of attention as I do here. Attention is a hell of a drug.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
judging from the flood of MOBA games swarming the market CnC4 was ahead of its time.

Ahead of its time? This was the biggest waste of my money for a video game. Yes creativity, blah blah, blah.... but you can not go from HQ (what it really should be called) to barracks with out power or some way of getting cash.... there is a chain of command and once you break it (Like C&C 4 did) the process becomes crap. I spent time talking with other players of C&C and they came to the same conclusion...  C&C4 & Red Alert 3 suck ass.

I don't try and sound like an asshole just to be an asshole. Some times I need to get my point across to people who wont listen in a harsh tone. If you are not a little wimp and need to hide behind mommy's apron and listen to what I say then maybe........ Also when you encourage kids to be mediocre instead of striving for greatness you fail.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Alert 3 is still okay. Compared to CNC4 its times better with the only difference being Mining is more automated and RA3 plays more similarly to the older CnC. CNC4 is like Rock Paper Scissors with Capture the Flag.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked CnC4, and it is NOTHING like MOBA's IT was NO ahead of it's time. It is Lateral in it's time, borrowing from Dawn of war tahn anything.

And No one likes you, Your a caustic little shrimp who thinks that they can hit above there weight class just because raisins.

And RA3 was good, not just because I liked it. If more people can look pass the stupid "Made by EA' and "Too Cartoony" you'd see something nice.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone here also mentioned how RA2 looked too cartoony why he preferred TS.

With proper tweaking RA3 could look as dark as you want like how it is in CNC3 too...

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah RA3 was a fine mix of Generals concepts with RA gameplay, aside from the cartoony shit.

Oh well. RA2 was also worthless cartoony shit.
There wasn't even blood. What kind of C&C game doesn't have blood?

"Ooooh I have died! Better make a Schwalbe and secretly switch places with this skeleton I have in my back pocket!"

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnC 4 is a good game if you don't compare it to other Cnc's IMO.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought RA3 was awful.

Hated almost everything about it, from "HURRDURR LETS MAKE EVERYTHING AMPHIBIOUS DURR" to the godawful campaign.

It's even worse on console too.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
"HURRDURR LETS MAKE EVERYTHING AMPHIBIOUS DURR"

I've considered making everything amphibious before, but that was only for a gamemode and it was more thought out than "it can just drive onto water/land." Now that I think about it, it was less "everything amphibious" and more "everything waterbound."

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA3 was pretty good, just the story was utterly pointless. I loved the amphibious units and use of naval, it's not like EVERYTHING was amphibious. Building on water was brilliant. Secondary functions made units far more interesting while not being overly complex.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a bit sad that you can't make a building be able to be built both on water and land and either it WaterBound=no or WaterBound=yes.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black Temple Gaurdian wrote:
MRMIdAS wrote:
"HURRDURR LETS MAKE EVERYTHING AMPHIBIOUS DURR"

I've considered making everything amphibious before, but that was only for a gamemode and it was more thought out than "it can just drive onto water/land." Now that I think about it, it was less "everything amphibious" and more "everything waterbound."

I thought about it too, then I figured it'd be stupid, especially since units become over or underpowered, depending on your defences, where you put them, how much money you have, not being able to cover all these at once. which way the wind is blowing, whether Saturn is in Neptune and having the computer magic the units to defeat your strategy out of nowhere. and, in the console version, regardless of the unit limit you have imposed on you.

So yeah, ztype RA3 and its fat wife.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like you're just upset that you're bad at the game. RA3 is awesome.

Steam

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA3's on par with CNC3 tbh... just with gaining credits being more automated and slower (since you only have 1 collector from each resource node instead of being able to have many of which gathering from the same node)

Adding amphibious allows them to cut down on some units and in some places I do like how this is done.

Riptide,Assault Destroyer,Bullfrog,The Entire Arsenal of the Empire.

RA3 also pulled out some gimmicks which we honeslty would have seen coming if RA2's style was continued...

Multigunner Turret,Chronoshifted Time Bombs,etc.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dunno about you guys
but the only thing in RA3 that I liked was nice water ahahahah

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
dunno about you guys
but the only thing in RA3 that I liked was nice water ahahahah

Until I get a computer that can run DX11 stuff without going BSOD after 5 minutes... I can't really say anything about that.

My Laptop is crap I have to play CNC3,RA3 & CNC4 in Lowest Graphics. They look like Generals with higher poly models...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not like RA3 or CnC4

Parasite03 wrote:

But it is still CnC so people will always compare.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
I do not like RA3 or CnC4

Parasite03 wrote:

But it is still CnC so people will always compare.

OrangeNero part of this community, but we don't compare him to us?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can compare him to us. But how is that related with my statement?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there was suppost to be a joke there. Ah well, make that as a fizzle.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Until I get a computer that can run DX11 stuff without going BSOD after 5 minutes... I can't really say anything about that.

My Laptop is crap I have to play CNC3,RA3 & CNC4 in Lowest Graphics. They look like Generals with higher poly models...

You don't need DX11 for RA3 as far as I can recall. I play it entirely maxed out and it does look pretty damn good honestly. RA3 has a really nice, colorful aesthetic with a campy story to match. RA3 is a blast to play with someone else. Co-op campaigns are easily the best part about RA3. Uprising's Challenge Mode is pretty fun too, if not a little frustrating. And sometimes too easy if you know how to DojoRush right...

Steam

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt wrote:
there was suppost to be a joke there. Ah well, make that as a fizzle.

ztype me I swear to some god, some ppl just don't have a sense of humor.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon