Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cameo pack SHP W:EE (wip)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:  Cameo pack SHP W:EE (wip) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm converting the pictures from the Wargame European Escalation game armory into cameos. Once I'm done I'll share the whole package.
They wont have text so if you'd like the name on the bottom you'll have to add it yourself. I don't care about that text since the unit can be identified through the image and the tooltip is still there.

These are most but not all. Some units are nation specific like Libya having T-72 and Iraq having BM Grad.

WEEcameopack0.9.zip
 Description:
38 cameos not the final package.

Download
 Filename:  WEEcameopack0.9.zip
 Filesize:  68.7 KB
 Downloaded:  112 Time(s)

bmp2dicon.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bmp2dicon.shp
 Filesize:  2.84 KB
 Downloaded:  64 Time(s)

hind2icon.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  hind2icon.shp
 Filesize:  2.84 KB
 Downloaded:  70 Time(s)

Last edited by OrangeNero on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 am; edited 5 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-the unit is way too small with too much useless background around it
-put the unit in the focus/center
-make the unit bigger so you can actually identify it

i had to look at the filenames to know what the cameos are supposed to show. Even the distinctive Hind wasn't noticeable at first sight (looks like any ordinary heli, e.g. a fat cobra)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a fat cobra is pretty much what a hind looks like xD
agree but its not my image I'm just cutting it out and resizing it so thats as good as its gonna get.

I like it. Could be better but still.

Got the next few coming in the next few hours or minutes. At the end I'll create one big package zip file.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But you don't have to fit the whole image on the cameo, you could just crop out a square around the actual unit with it centred.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the bmp was a bad example. pretty much all other units are in the center. For that specific one the artist wanted it to look cool and different I guess since there's 4 other bmp2 images xD I'll probably change it out since the ground looks really shitty too.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok I'm done with resizing now all thats left is converting to shp. here's some preview

I'll upload the png collection to moddb somewhen.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

updated and added pack v0.9 with 38 inside. tbh I think the png pack is more useful for OpenRA which hopefully has better quality cameos. the palette of ra2 is crap and limited. I guess they'd be also useful for others as placeholders since most of the cameos in this pack are units to be found on YRArg. I'm fond of wargame so I'll use them.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why are you even converting them to SHP given Ares supports PCX cameos with their own palette (or heck use custom pal shp...) thus comments on bad palette are rather misguided old times methods unless you prefer non-ares game...

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not using ares but thx for the advice nonetheless Smile

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
I'm not using ares but thx for the advice nonetheless Smile

If you want to get good results, you should use ares

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With or without Ares, these things are ugly. They're not sharp, the unit isn't clear, the paletting job is awful... basically, these are a waste of time unless you're doing a whole set. Even then, they're still bad.

Steam

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
With or without Ares, these things are ugly. They're not sharp, the unit isn't clear, the paletting job is awful... basically, these are a waste of time unless you're doing a whole set. Even then, they're still bad.

I can agree with that, transparent better good

example

Cameo02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.22 KB
 Viewed:  5597 Time(s)

Cameo02.png

Cameo01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.02 KB
 Viewed:  5604 Time(s)

Cameo01.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!