Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
BEWARE! A HUGE WAVE OF RIPPERS IS APPROACHING!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [74 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

Game devs get paid for their assets and thus actually gained from it while we who make this for free have only to lose our uniqueness we worked our asses off to make.

So you mod to be famous. Wow I feel sorry for you. You have a different way of thinking then. Kinda sad that you can't understand that some people mod for fun. This proprietary thinking lol if the creators of games from which you feed on would think the same way your mod would cease to exist. And in all honesty your mod as glorious as it looks and plays its no more than a mod for an old game. As relevant as a fart for the majority of people.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
ApolloTD wrote:

Game devs get paid for their assets and thus actually gained from it while we who make this for free have only to lose our uniqueness we worked our asses off to make.

So you mod to be famous. Wow I feel sorry for you. You have a different way of thinking then. Kinda sad that you can't understand that some people mod for fun. This proprietary thinking lol if the creators of games from which you feed on would think the same way your mod would cease to exist. And in all honesty your mod as glorious as it looks and plays its no more than a mod for an old game. As relevant as a fart for the majority of people.

Learn to read, I said I don't care of fame/honoring me so how do I want now to be famous???

All I said was wanting preserve some uniqueness but thats too much for your feeble brain to read.

I do mod for fun too but with a vision, I just don't like feeding lazy/thick people like you with a spoon.... Who the fux mods for fame in this small community for old game, seriously!?  Rolling Eyes

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol no I don't get it. You don't care about being famous but you care about being unique. lol ok whatever.
After creating an shp vxl ini code syringe whatever some asset do you say "my precious"?

Are you working on ares? If so I wonder how much longer it will be free for people to use.
Look Apollo if it helps you I can seet your mind at ease. Your in a whole different league than some chinese ripper and every donkey doing the tiniest of research can see that a mod is just ripping stuff. Some scrubbers mod isn't going to harm you in fact its gonna get flushed away by time itself. Hm great Apollo feeling threatened by chinese scrubbers, fantastic.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You clearly don't indeed thats the problem.
Its like you went and took half of d-day into your mod and released it and you still don't see what uniqueness that original mod lost as result....

As same thing populates more mods now making it more mainstream boring.

Ohh that thing, I have seen it already on so many mods, it sucks, why do they all add that...

People play mods to see new/different or unique? things, not same old stuff someone copied over from mods before.

Ares is framework rather than something you'd consider singular asset and my involvement (if had any apart testing/suggestions) wouldn't change how its run as its purpose is entirely public (it would suffer else) outside of anyone's personal goals. If I post all my assets in forum, then I do not mind them being used as this is open source then but taking from mods is not open source concept unless stated otherwise.

Some are open source, some are not, in both cases developer's decision, if people keep disregarding this by ripping, eventually asset creators will quit making any and then those who can't create any will have to make do with old or face a dying community meet its end.

Thus my concern is not personal on whole, ripping does no good to any community, only leeches shreds of originality away. I am done with describing my view.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm if someone mixed WW2 units with hovertanks that would be pretty unique. What you talk of is... pffft whats it called? Your own style. A style true to the theme? Stylish?

Look apollo this might be a shock for you but your view isn't the only one in the world. Like about why people play mods... there's an endless amount of reasons for everyone on why they do it.

I played some other mod because it mixed the cool units of some mod with Age of Empires. Its rad and I found it funny as hell. You wouldn't play it probably because you don't like mods mixing styles together. And then sometimes functionality stands above all else.

Oh and btw has someone already told you that TI is about reimagining TS? Thats really unique. Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but TI has entirely new assets. If TI was made with public assets it wouldn't be as cool. #Tongue

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see how no one is seeing the fact that they're making money off of something we as modders, don't make money from (in general). Many of us release stuff to the community, and some of us don't, but no one around here makes anyone PAY for anything.

As usual, OrangeNero supports ripping, and still somehow isn't banned.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rofl no I don't.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero, please go away.  Come back when you have made something people like.  Once you have made contributions of your own you may have different opinions towards intellectual property.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh huh. As I see it you all put your "intellectual property" into the internet together with a big fat download button and no cost nor registration needed to download. Good luck enforcing your copyright on anyone especially on a chinese.

Because I don't rip from other modders out of pure respect to the (in some cases being arseholes) I don't support ripping from mods.

The point of modding is that its not done for money so there's no need to think proprietary. But hey you're free to still act all proprietary lets see how long this community will live that way. Noobs feeding on elitists lol thats the whole point of ztyping science and progress. But hey I'm talking to someone who's been modding for what also 6+ years and still ain't done?

Last edited by OrangeNero on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big respect PD you nailed it down nicely.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

enough of this dumbass attempt to justify ripping.

It is ridiculous of some talentless morons that created nothing to say that we should share everything or we can do nothing. It sounds just like he wants more assets to use but feel too shamed to politely ask for them. So he justifies ripping.

Let us add a simple sentence to all the ripper talk:
your right has got no power if you can't 'so i rip you and you dont come out of the screen and slap my dumbass face'

When it comes to some creators, ok if he wants to share everything he made.

The difference is obvious: a begger wants all rich guys to be generous, and a millionaire is being generous.

And who the fuсk cares for what purpose rippers are using ripped assets? The only thing I care and the only thing rippers should know is that if I am pissed off I will be disencouraged and thus slow down mod development, stop releasing public assets, etc, and what damn rippers can do if they are not getting a damn unprotected mix from me? So is it so good for the community to let a mod die because of rippers? Will some dumbass blame creators but not the damn rippers? Who is more useful for community, ripper or creator? And you even laugh at slow mods that suffers from rippers? Will you tell me "why so serious"? No. Fuсk that. Dont you teach me not to be serious about that. It is not you created assets.We make mods not for money so I dont want any dumbass to put their dirty hands on my mod.I ASK YOU IS IT WRONG. I WANT TO MOD HAPPILY AND I WILL NOT ALLOW RIPPING. Even on that you wont satisfy me. So when it becomes a pain in the ass I stop modding.

Sounds like another sentence to add: Why you care about being unique? please dont 'so i can rip ya'

Lets talk about damn learning thing. Well. Since you talk about china, I sometimes feel some dudes are even more Chinese than me even they cannot read a single fuсking chinese word.
Do you know a fuсk about china yr community? Now it is shame if one's mod contains ripped stuff. Or even large percent of public stuff. Shame for repeating the existing ones. We criticize mixed mods and call their makers poor tasters. If you say somebody must not lock mixes so that newbies can learn. Oh come on. It is not the ancient times. We have a full set of video tuts from using mixer to vxlse drawing plus 3dsmax rendering. Want asset? Make it yourself (Watch the Friendly tuts) So I believe we have a healthier community than here. Everyone is trying to make own stuff. Nobody dares to support ripping. The only way is learning something but not barking. Contributors speak. A contributor is 1000 times cooler than a talentless asset user. So just keep them satisfied. Plain asset users has no human right, however they claim their mixed up shit is cool.

pd is like "if I were a girl and was reaped, I cannot resist,so I closed my eyes and enjoyed the pleasure. When I realized my body is so beautiful and attracting for the rapists I immediately orgasmed and ejaculated. Twice."
Positivity,man! Do you know that term?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I look at the comparisons you and Apollo are making, I'm not sure if I should be laughing out loud or shaking my head in vicarious embarrrassment.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
OrangeNero, please go away.  Come back when you have made something people like.

This is also particularly funny.

But thanks for reminding me again. Everytime I visit back this place I am reminded why I left the last time. This is honestly the most polemic gaming community I know.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All we ask is that you ask permission and provide credit where due.

OrangeNero's & Rippers logic of "I stole your mod's graphics and you should be thankful for me because I'm using it alongside other mismatched graphics means I'm spreading your artistic talents while I'm gonna take all credit for it" is what is annoying.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

This. End of ztyping story. I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to understand.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Atomic_Noodles wrote:

This. End of ztyping story. I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to understand.

I agree. I think this thread is about dealing with the situation in which that does not happen.

Then again, what is this thread even about? I mean look at the title and the original post. All it is is whining, as if that would help with anything.

ApolloTD wrote:
It is easy for you vouch for open source (in everything) and care not for assets when your hard work has never been ripped or defiled or you never made a single asset to know work involved.

Oh trust me, I've been there.
Within this community, look at my history with VK.

I'm pretty sure I whined and complained back then, at some point I revoked his right to use the name "RockPatch". Guess what, he called it "NPatch" and went on. Know what actually helped in the end? Not care and do better (you can). VK eventually just vanished.

Stuff like that repeats itself in life, and it made me come to the conclusion that I was trying to represent here. But since ripping is being put on the same level as forced marriage, murder and rape in this place (see posts above), I'm not sure if I should try and continue.

kenosis wrote:
Dont speak for China. It is just stupid when you cannot read a single chinese word.

Just by the way, I feel that I should clarify this, even though it will probably only end up in being flamed. My aunt is a legitimate Chinese. While I may indeed not speak the language or be able to read the script, I do know my share about the mentality.

So yeah, to put it in your terms: Don't speak for me. It's just stupid when you know nothing about me.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems pd knows the chinese yr community well.
I sometimes feel some dudes are even more Chinese than me even they cannot read a single fuсking chinese word.
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

In china only asset makers speak. That solves most problems.

And not like here always decision between ripping and not ripping, we certainly gives out another solution: rip or learn. We have videos about how to modify inis, how to make own assets in vxlse,etc, almost everything needed to work as a one man team to make a mod. So that when someone wants something from some mod we say "watch the friendly video tuts and make it yourself, it is encouraged."

I feel great somehow. We turn every possible ripper into creator.
Sadly I don't see anything like that around here. Can you post a link to the 'Full tutorial set of modding YR'?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't it be great if everybody shared there creations publicly and worked together to make mods and assets. Where all the art and modding knowledge was open and accessible to everyone, rather than people greedily privatising and claiming ownership over everything.

Just thought I'd post my views on asset safety/ownership and what not.

I probably won't post in this thread again, can't be arssed. Also before I get the usual responses of GO TO HELL! RIPPER SCUM!!!! etc. I have never used assets from another mod before, I haven't even modded TS/RA2 for yonks now.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread is not about ripping from Blizzard (nor is that even ripping, but I digress), this thread is about the fact chinese rippers are always trying to take other people's work, and make money off of it, which is morally and legally wrong. And this thread is also about the fact that there really is no defense against it aside from just agreeing not to use such crap.

And as usual, the above poster knows nothing about what is being discussed because he has nothing to release that would be worth selling.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

roflmao you're really the biggest dumbfuck in all of ppm.

Oh really I am offtopic now? lol since when does ppm give a damn about being ontopic despite that the entire discussion shifted to that.

I know what its about you dumbfuck don't act like you know me. I am roflmao at how he rips from blizzard and then gets all sensitive if someone rips from him. I'm sure blizzard sees it as a tribute huh.

I couldn't care less about my asset history. All my work has always been and will be free to use no credit required.

Where are these world wide moral and legal standards? Where do I support ripping from mods you dumbfuck?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some mentally disabled fails to realize that 3D games dont contain 2D SHP, but only 2D textures

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look guys, I'm not against discussion about ripping, although my opinion was expressed in these words from Atomic Noodles:

Quote:

The problem relies on the inability from many people (OrangeNero is not the only one here) to discuss this kind of topic without flaming other people. What's the point of calling people dickhead, mentally disabled or fucktards? Nobody is forced to agree everyone's opinion, but if you use any service/product/whatever, you must agree with the terms. Otherwise you shouldn't use it. Period. And that includes this own forum.

Now, I don't really expect anyone to respond to this post. I'm locking it, at least until some of you learn how to argue with polite manners.

[Locked]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [74 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon