Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Vehicles with DeployFire and Yuri-like weapons
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:  Vehicles with DeployFire and Yuri-like weapons Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, so you want to make deployable vehicle. There are six things you need to manage to get it working:

Main things:
1. Primary
2. Secondary
3. IsSimpleDeployer
4. DeployFire

Primary - the weapon the unit will fire in the non-deployed state.
Secondary - the weapon the unit will fire in the deployed state.
IsSimpleDeployer - activates the deploying logic.
DeployFire - Makes the vehicle be able to fire while deployed and use secondary instead of Primary.

With these set, you will have a vehicles that usually fires Primary but when deployed (that will happen instantly) will fire the secondary weapon.

You can also have a deploying animation and a different deployed image.

Secondary things:
1. DeployAnim
2. UnloadingClass
3. DeployTime

DeployAnim - the deploying/undeploing animation
UnloadingClass - the deployed vessel's image.
DeployTime - the extra time (in minutes) that it will take to deploy/undeploy this vehicle.

There are a couple things I would like to add:

1. The UnloadingClass must be the same TechnoType and must have an art entry otherwise once deployed your vehicle will be invisible. It must have the turret too asit's image is also taken from UnloadingClass so you can change it.
2. The deploy animation is only one-sided and the side the vehicle will face before deploying is specified in DeployDir. Default - East (Right). Ignore what OrangeNero said about it.

Also, as suggested by
Atomic_Noodles wrote:
mevitar mentioned one time that its best if a unit has deploy weapons it should have MinimumRange set on the primary weapon as otherwise the unit would fire its primary on the ground sometimes.

So, at this point I can end the tutorial.

----------------------------------------

An addition to the tutorial: yuri-like deploy weapons. Very easy, very simple.

Weapon:
Main things:
1. AreaFire

AreaFire - this makes this weapon be fires by deploy command.

Secondary things:
1. Anim
2. FireOnce

Anim - this is the animation that will be triggered once the weapon is activated.
FireOnce - this prevents the unit from keeping firing the weapon. You could use this while making your mod.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Rules.INI 

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Last edited by Parasite03 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:03 am; edited 7 times in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As awesome as it is there's really no need for the hostility. So duploy yourself xD

The Deploy animation is one sided yea but the unit after the anim played will look into the direction that it looked before deploying. So you can send a tank into the north, then deploy anim will look east, then the deployed unit will look north again.

Also I wonder if I have copyright on my tut so you should be insta banned. jk

You gonna make such a quality remaster only of my tut or of everyone? Oh now I feel so privileged.

Also this is just simple vehicle deploy. If you want to be even more better than me then cover the ones deploying into a building too and then there's deploy for a yuri clone weapon and then there's deploying for letting units out and deploying for all sorts of ares shenanigans. What about the dummy unit? What about flying units?

You lack stars btw and more information. Ares required yes no? YR yes no?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
Also I wonder if I have copyright on my tut so you should be insta banned. jk

what you did was a wall of code, not a single explanation about the keys and how they work.

This is actually a quite nice tutorial. Good job Parasite.
But please fix a few typos and fix the topic title (no need to mention OrangeNero in any way, his topic will surely be crapped soon anyway. So just write this tutorial like he never existed or wrote anything, which makes it more professional looking also in future.)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The building deploy one is not more that DeploysInto and I'll consider doing something about the yuri-like weapon. Sure it's not much.

And yeah, I'll fix the typos.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now thats a tutorial, it actually explains how things work than giving you bunch of code.

BTW, You can leave unloadingclass tag/key entirely out if no need for art change, I've tested this works fine with my tank but of course if do insert entry to it, it must be valid or invisible indeed Smile

SimpleDeployer requires plain YR obviously.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Deployable vehicles Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
The deploy animation is only one-sided and the side the vehicle will face before deploying is specified in DeployDir. Default - East (Right).

Footnote: The deployanim is not neccessary tho. And if it's unspecified, it'll ignore DeployDir and such and will face where it faced before.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that it's unnecessary so I've left them as secondary tags.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great tutorial P3. I'm about to start working on artillery voxels after I finish MBT voxels for my mod. This is sonething I will read. Bookmarked. Smile

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In contributing to the topic... that idk if it will still apply since topic states its for vehicles and I've been too busy to reconfirm...

mevitar mentioned one time that its best if a unit has deploy weapons it should have MinimumRange set on the primary weapon as otherwise the unit would fire its primary on the ground sometimes.

There is also UndeployDelay which you can set to add a delay so you can further lengthen how long it should be able to fire aside from the Weapons ROF.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't know about the minimum delay #Tongue
And forgot about the DeployTime.

Thank you Banshee for stopping this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon