Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A New Toy
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Grieg Kaun
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject:  A New Toy
Subject description: I found TiBed!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I stumbled upon this cool little program called TiBed, which seems quite helpful in modding, since it lets you edit everything without using text editors for editing .INI files. But I do have a few questions before download:

-Is it harmful to my computer?
-Can I add voxels and/or .shps like in regular modding?
-Will it break the game?
-Has there been mods created with TiBed?
-Would I be better off with regular .INI editing?

I thank anyone and everyone for their answers in advance.  Smile

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do not use TibED, your better off extracting the inis with xcc mixer and editing with notepad ++ or wordpad etc any text editor.

There have been mods made with tibed and often rather unstable as the program does not respect any kind of order or have any safeguards within the ini when you make changes. If you get problems of crashes from tibed coding, we're not eager to support solving them given how bad the app it is.

Plus you learn better when you do it manually and eventually TibED is only  a limiting interface, none of the modders use TibED here and that should tell you something apart from some stubborn ones insisting use bad things despite told not to.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

everyone here hates it apart from me.

1.no
2.nope though dunno what filebag is for. use the xcc tools or in ra2 just put the files in the game directory.
3.nope in fact tibed is stable and the game doesn't get broken. There's a few things to be aware of however. If you don't assign projectiles and weapons to a unit&weapon they'll get lost.
4. yes 2 from me one for TS one for YR
5. depends on what you wanna do really. a huge total conversion mod with all sorts of hacks and twists is likely to get problems. if all you wanna do is edit some stuff and add some units and weapons and so on yea thats very well possible. I'll reupload the video for you which is a basic guide on how to use it.

In RA2 you'll have the problem with the 100 unit bug which is in the game. so at the end of modding your mod you'll have to rearrange the list.

the RA2 part of tibed is weaker than the TS part. It wont load and show cameos neither can you listen to sounds in it. Many helpful features like the WhatUsesWhat is more limited.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A New Toy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the community. In light of your future we do suggest you to use something else for opening INIs. Most of us usually use Notepad++ which I highly recommend. Don't mind OrangeNero and his suggestions, he's become something of a tick in this small-knit community and usually doesn't even know much of the workings of the tags.

1) not really, aside from adding unnecessary kilobytes on your PC
2) It usually adds unnecessary/redundant codes during your edits
3) Not many, most are just people just experimenting and figuring out the workings of the game or use it for personal mods
4) Yes, TibEd is more of a crutch. A very terrible one as well. You can learn more by glimpsing through the existing tags, experimentation and by reading through articles in modenc.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A New Toy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grieg Kaun wrote:
I stumbled upon this cool little program called TiBed, which seems quite helpful in modding, since it lets you edit everything without using text editors for editing .INI files. But I do have a few questions before download:

-Will it break the game?

1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) No
5) Absolutely

TibEd limits your ability and flexible to code your mod. With NotePad ++ or any writing program, you will have huge flexible and access to modify anything that suits your mod. Plus INI coding is not really that difficulty at all.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think tibed can create cool stuff like ↑  because it is just a set of dumb fill-in-blanks.

Quote:
-Will it break the game?

NO.
NO.
YES.
NO.
SURE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would suggest listening to everyone but OrangeNero on the subject, as everyone says, TibEd only limits your creativity.

Notepad ++, XCC Utilities, and Final Alert 2 (sadly the only map editor RA2 has at the moment) are the main tools most modders use to make their mods.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rofl yea totally breaks the game and no mods have been made with it. bunch of liars.

you can do stuff like the one kenosis shows with tibed.

bear in mind plenty of the people posting here wasted 6 or more years with some mod that is still not done. If you're up to a huge total conversion taking 6+ years yea then you're not looking for tibed.

I mod successfully since 3 years with tibed.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never expected that tibed has some blanks for gear zero tags. Wow. Perhaps some smartass is not even aware of that dead yet powerful patch. And he says the magic tibed can do everything a patch can. LMAO. ROFL.

Does anyone know what tibed nerd created with his magic tool? No. Be it 3 days, be it 3 hours, nobody will remember it,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doesn't need a blank to fill in ares code. tibed has the option to write manually all the stuff you want including some new code delivered by patch/hack.

neither does tibed mean that you can't do some finishing touch with the notepad. rearranging the type lists is something you can't do with it.

always awesome to see how people judging tibed notoriously spourt lies and none of the advantages. well can't blame ya after wasting a decade modding with a notepad no one would want to change over. give dali a drawing tablet I'd bet he'd still shove a pencil up his arse and continue painting like that.

oh so you don't know what I did? Am I supposed to care? lets be a fame whore or what? rofl.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, wasted? I didn't realize that I had to provide a product to validate my use of time.

Anyways, tibed is safe and is easy to use for beginners. In my own personal experience however, I always ended up fighting with the program about one thing or another.

If just you want to spend a week playing with the game's insides, go ahead and enjoy tibed. If you want to get into modding for any length of time, or are just interested to see what you can do, edit it through the ini files directly. If you have any problems with that latter, these forums are here to help. Smile

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TL:DR

OrangeNero is a TibEd Hipster Fanboy, Do not follow in his path of dumbztype-ness.

TibEd if  You want a 5 minute Mod with hastily copied in assets.

Other modding tools will provide you a more proper control and optimization when editing.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is well known that TibEd limits the modder's learning capability and limits modder's flexibility and adds bunch of un-necessary tags to units. It also make the game bloats pretty fast.

OrangeNero, stop with your crusading over TibEd, why are you still fighting about TibEd when it have major flaws? Notepad++ and other writing apps have ZERO flaws when it comes to INI coding. Modders even gets the chance to learn how coding works even learning from mistakes. It is also easier to track down errors while TibED makes it stupidly hard to track down errors.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets crapped with OrangeNero's crusading over TibEd that DOESN'T promotes growth of modder's skill.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still wonder why tibed nerd is screaming about modding time. does that prove tibed is a good tool? the reason some tc mods are slow is surly not "efficiency".  we dont want mods to become a feast for rippers, simple as that. if people like orangenero are all banned these mods surly come faster.

I believe orangenero is a living proof of how tibed limit modder's talent. let's read his wall-of-code SCHP copy "tutorial". if someone is using notepad he only seeks the few useful tags.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
It is well known that TibEd limits the modder's learning capability and limits modder's flexibility and adds bunch of un-necessary tags to units. It also make the game bloats pretty fast.

it certainly ain't limiting your learning capabilities its actually a boost. Now I bet some old timers here chuckle yea guess what once your'e experienced there ain't nothing of that boost left for you but you ain't the only one in this world. It doesn't add anything by "magic". A Tibed mod builds upon the original game so yea if you want to throw everything out and start from scratch no units no buildings nothing from WW yea then it bloats your mod. I never said that someone who wants to make something in the scale of D-Day should use it.

OrangeNero, stop with your crusading over TibEd, why are you still fighting about TibEd when it have major flaws? Notepad++ and other writing apps have ZERO flaws when it comes to INI coding. Modders even gets the chance to learn how coding works even learning from mistakes. It is also easier to track down errors while TibED makes it stupidly hard to track down errors.

I certainly wont stop talking about it just because you don't like it. If you don't want to read my posts well then install a brain and decide not to read them. simple as that or where do I force you to read my posts?. It certainly doesn't make it harder to track down errors in fact it makes it much easier thanks to the change viewer and the .tib save. I am not fighting either, I have my opinion about it and some people can't stand it so they start insulting me. Is this here this reply fighting for you?!

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets crapped with OrangeNero's crusading over TibEd that DOESN'T promotes growth of modder's skill.

I started from 0 and now I can mod. It certainly isn't a hinderance in acquiring "skill". it actually attracs people to modding and the great possibilities for everyone to adjust mods to their favor certainly ain't limiting either. Plenty of people are happy when they can play around with stats and create a few units. If I wanted to use notepad to mod I could change over no prob I just chose not to. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people get banned after notoriously insulting all over the place and me having the last laugh.

answered in fat font.

kenosis the only ones caring about your mods are a bunch of chinese rippers. how about you share your glorious plan of your own TibEd clone with the example unit called ztype and the example anim FUCKYOU which only real humans are supposed to use. Come out of the closet you love the idea behind tibed. My tank btw uses the deploy anim for BALANCE reasons so it doesn't instantly deploy. But I guess gameplay is something you can't comprehend. You don't even understand my tut and tbh you're a weak troll way below my level. consider yourself ignored from me.

Looks like a poor attempt to clone tibed to me. http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/members/1/438/437153/thumb_620x2000/1.jpg

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe orangenero is a living proof of how tibed limit modder's talent. let's read his wall-of-code SCHP copy "tutorial". if someone is using notepad he only seeks the few useful tags.
again for that.

orangenero showed his dumb bird brain again as considering my plan as another tibed. he is the only one in ppm made that kind of stupid comment.

and my mod? chinese rippers? oh great, even you are aware of how rip supporting people like you are harmful to other people's project. why not just ask someone to permanently ban you so some good mods can work faster?

How dumb I am if I dont know what makes SCHP deployable.
Talentless moron.

Last edited by kenosis on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TL;DR. To simply put it; it's not a new toy for you, more of a ticking time bomb.
You've seen how the community here reacts to TiBed (well, apart from OrangeNero),
so it's definitely better if you just use the basic notepad Windows has or you could use
a more advanced text editor like Notepad++.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I vote OrangeNero off the planet???/

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think his ego's already managed orbit I'm afraid.

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
Can I vote OrangeNero off the planet???/

Yes, he does not want to understand

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure this is a troll topic.

Would be surprised if IP's are from a different country, let alone the same computer.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stage 4 Orange Tumor Cancer in its final form where highest level of stupidity is irreparable... #Tongue

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can ignore, this, OrangeNero. Just walk by... Lalalala

I just feel like he should get banned (sice there is no muting here and existing muted on a forum would be pointless) since the amount of ridicioulness he posts and how it annoys everyone is getting out of control.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A New Toy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grieg Kaun wrote:
-Will it break the game?

1) No.
2) Yes, but it has to be done outside TibEd. The code of these new voxels and SHPs can be done with TibEd.
3) In some situations, it may break the game, but it usually doesn't. However, it reorganizes your ini files in a way to makes it bad to be read by other people.
4) Yes, most of them are personal/private mods. These bigger public mods are not created with TibEd for the issues mentioned in (3).
5) No. In fact, it is much worse. One of the reasons are the issues mentioned in (3). The other is that TibEd was not created considering the existence of game expansion patch such as Ares.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you misinterpreted the 5th question as "Would I be better off with TibEd than with regular .INI editing?".

So since the part in red was never said, I'm pretty sure you actually meant to answer yes.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

answered in fat font.

Off Topic, but it's called BOLD FONT

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are correct, Bittah. I've really misinterpreted that.

Regular INI editing is much better than TibEd.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do yourself a favor, OP, and skip over TibEd. It's not worth your time. It's much easier to work right with the INI files themselves, and everything falls into place once you get familiar with things. Also, you have Ares, which is really awesome.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't mind helping you out if you need it. Just poke me on Skype.

Steam

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon