Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2] New Temperate Terrain
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [54 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:  [RA2] New Temperate Terrain Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a replacement set for the temperate terrain in RA2YR including TX.

- Does not include traintrack junction tileset.
- Includes two additional tilesets: 1x1 grass pebbles for extra details and the urban highway road ends.

- To use in RA2 rename temperatmd.ini to temperat.ini and expandmd08.mix to expand08.mix
- To view it in the correct palette in FA2 you will need to extract isotem.pal and put it in cache.mix inside ra2.mix

Updated to version 1.1 (30/07/14)
- Includes fixed rubble palettes for all civilian buildings, including those that previously did not have temperate rubble. Thanks to Jem for helping convert them and tomsons26 for making the Tech Outpost rubble.

Updated to version 1.2 (31/07/14)
- Fixes HDSTN01.tem palette

Updated to version 1.2 (08/08/14)
- Removed pshora0Xa.tem and pshore0Xa.tem files so that they do not mess up pavement shores in other theatres
- Removed slope17 - slope20 alternate for the same reason

DOWNLOAD NEW TERRAIN

I've also uploaded the original PSDs and PNGs for you to work with if you want to expand it or fix any issues.

DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL PSDs

NOTE: ALL PLAYERS MUST USE THIS TERRAIN IN A MULTIPLAYER GAME ELSE IT WILL DESYNC

I recommend if you use it in a mod you extract all the files and incorporate them in your own mixes.

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 6 times in total

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this made by you? Seems familiar. Anyway, good job!
Edit: Hmmmm..... I do not recall a lot of tiles. Sorry for missomething!

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if it's supposed to be that, but it seems one or more NE slopes (facing away from the player) are in the wrong pallet in your preview images.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see it, should be fixed now.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty nice work, Bolt. Reminds me of Cannon Fodder.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Are you talking about the colour of the dirt, cliffs and grass?

Because I don't see tiny soldiers getting shot to bloody mush.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like what you did here, Bolt.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I do love '90s jungle graphics.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, that's actually a pretty good observation Aro. Hahahaha.

I just looked up a vanilla image of Valley of Gems, and damn, that dark dirt really enhances the game.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this is some extremely well made terrain.  Approved!  For the first time i can say RA2 looks nice. Smile

Does RA2 has like TS those special slope frames for
-flat to slope transition piece
-slope bottom to top piece
-slope bottom to flat top transition piece
?

Right now the borders between flat tiles and slopes are very sharp and using the special transition frames would be good.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool !
very nice job !

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Right now the borders between flat tiles and slopes are very sharp and using the special transition frames would be good.
It does use those actually but at some angles it doesn't seem to work or maybe I did something wrong. Really it was a last minute job I did.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice!!

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I updated the download to include all civilian buildings with fixed rubble palettes.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

You should release your temperate terrain from Evolution or w/e that mod was called, as it's been dead for a few years now. If you still got the files?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro doesn't have the finished files thus they would need all to be remade, else nice idea there.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which is why the mod ended up dying. All that work gone. Depressing.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. That was the most amazing RA2 engine terrain I had ever witnessed, somehow OmegaBolts new terrain looks dull in some tile sets, namely the cliffs, sand and the concrete, while the grass is too green, the dark grass looks a bit plastic at parts, like it's using modern normal maps or phong.

The shrubbery and most of the trees seem to blend into the terrain depending on the map lighting.

Don't get me wrong though, it still is very nice and a good release.

Darby
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice job,but there seem to be some bugs in it.

QQ图片20140731211546.jpg
 Description:
It is in newurban.
 Filesize:  67.04 KB
 Viewed:  23159 Time(s)

QQ图片20140731211546.jpg

QQ图片20140731211614.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.56 KB
 Viewed:  23159 Time(s)

QQ图片20140731211614.jpg

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, fixed those two issues and reuploaded it. The headstones are HDSTN01.tem if anyone just wants to extract that.

The cause for the issue in new urban was because apparently you can't have a different number of alternate tiles per theatre. I added additional (very slight) variations of the pavement shores which didn't have new urban versions. I guess the game falls back to temperate or something.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am in favor of this. If there's a full set for snow, urban, desert and new urban, I will use this without fail.

Steam

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated it again, this time the new urban shores should actually be fixed and the same issue that occured with slope17-20 tiles in other theatres should be fixed too.

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Need fix

Adsız.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.73 KB
 Viewed:  22864 Time(s)

Adsız.jpg

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Redownload it, should be fixed. Don't know how it happened but the files were removed, hope that hasn't happened to anything else.

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Redownload it, should be fixed. Don't know how it happened but the files were removed, hope that hasn't happened to anything else.

I did before but still same

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfsangel wrote:

Check if your mix has platXXa.tem files, if not redownload it again because it should. I can't think of another reason why it would happen and it doesn't for me.

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Wolfsangel wrote:

Check if your mix has platXXa.tem files, if not redownload it again because it should. I can't think of another reason why it would happen and it doesn't for me.

Solved, and not forgetting this is great terrain good job Bolt.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Maps like Bay of Pigs there are still some tile errors.

bay_of_pigs_tile_error.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.31 KB
 Viewed:  22571 Time(s)

bay_of_pigs_tile_error.png

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never seen that on my BoP, redownload it and check.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeap Graion is right, redownload it this is my BoP

2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  489.36 KB
 Viewed:  22538 Time(s)

2.png

xaos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone else having a problem in vanilla ra2? by renaming files to expand08.mix and temperat.ini everything works excluding... trees. trees are invisible.

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xaos wrote:
anyone else having a problem in vanilla ra2? by renaming files to expand08.mix and temperat.ini everything works excluding... trees. trees are invisible.

Nope, redowloand it

xaos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfsangel wrote:
xaos wrote:

Nope, redowloand it

well, now that is mighty strange. redownloaded terrain, fresh install of ra2 1.006 from TND original disc, and while new terrain is there - trees are not. are you checking regular red alert 2 and not yuri's revenge? because in yuri's revenge everything works splendid, so my guess was that there should be some changes in temperat.ini, before it works in ra2 without expansion. here's a screenshot from isle of war.

isle.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.94 MB
 Viewed:  22377 Time(s)

isle.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think trees are even referenced in temperat(md).ini

Can't really think why it would happen... maybe RA2 only reads them from temperat.mix?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try making the tree with just 2 frames than the current 4 frames.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can do that. It's a public resource. The reason they have 4 frames is because otherwise you get the "blue shadow" bug, because it is displaying the damage frame.

xaos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
You can do that. It's a public resource. The reason they have 4 frames is because otherwise you get the "blue shadow" bug, because it is displaying the damage frame.

i did. tested with 2 frames only, and nothing changes, they're still invisible. any ideas guys? and idd, trees aren't referenced in temperat(md).ini.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trees are different. Vanilla RA2 has 2 frames only and it is used in YR also. It was only a suggestion
to try. Remembered because early TS (before FS) had a similar problem.

I can see trees when they are moved from expand08.mix to ecache08.mix. So, 4 frames isn't the problem
with RA2.

xaos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no one tried to modify terrain in vanilla before? thank you for suggestions and help guys, there's no workaround, it seems.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rephrasing:
- unpack expand08.mix into a folder, pack it back as expand08.mix without tree*.tem.
- make a new mix with tree*.tem and name it as ecache08.mix
- place them in RA2 folder and it works, trees become visible in RA2.

xaos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, it was late and i didn't catch at first time. thanks, working as intended now.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't know if this such terrain exist! Very Happy OBolt, allow me to use it for YR:NW

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a fixpack for the dirt and road tunnel functionality to be restored - TX did this already, but the variants at Bolt were based upon plain RA2. Just overwrite the tiles with the ones included.

tunnels.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tunnels.zip
 Filesize:  81.33 KB
 Downloaded:  83 Time(s)

=======================

MDR
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darby wrote:
Very nice job,but there seem to be some bugs in it.

Hello Chinese. Smile
--------------------
一眼识破QQ截图。

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err... just add this to YR:NW and what happened to the cliffs???

For the trees i used Starkku's fixed trees, but does OBolt's tempterrain include this fix?

whathappened.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  278.62 KB
 Viewed:  20628 Time(s)

whathappened.png

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) do not use Starkku's trees with Bolt's terrain since Bolt's terrain has new isotem - besides, Bolt already coverted the fixed variant of said trees.
2) you forgot to include the cliff tiles while you repacked Bolt's mix

=======================

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what cliff tiles?

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to bump this necro topic (can it still be called a necro topic since it's only almost a year on?), but can someone enlighten me on how to manually add Graion's fixes into the Temperate Terrain mix file? Many thanks in advance :S

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to remind me because I mixed the tmps - iirc I accidentally replaced ordinary tunnels with road tunnels...

=======================

temp
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to bump this old topic,, but it seems that there is still a bug.

Untitled6.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.38 KB
 Viewed:  14775 Time(s)

Untitled6.png

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon