Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Refresher Course: Help me out Banshee
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject:  Refresher Course: Help me out Banshee Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Banshee, Im a little rusty at this, I cant seem to remember how to make a mix file to store files, think you can give me a little refresher course on how to do it, if you don't already have a tutorial made.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you've downloaded the XCC utilities its easy. Open up XCC Mix Editor and click new, choose its name, then compress and save. I'll go into more specifics when I get home and can get XCC in fron of me.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

create a new mix file as one of a kind said, then name it ecachexx.mix or expandxx.mix (where xx is a number from 00 to 99), ecachexx is used to store cameos and expandxx to store everything else. Check here for more deatailed info http://xccu.sourceforge.net/.

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That site didn't tell me how to make a mix file, Im sorry but could one of you just tell me in detail how to do it, Ive got the general idea, stop me if Im wrong but the first mix file I have to make is "expandxx.mix" right, next Im supposed to put all the files in it then save, compact, then close, so where does the ecachexx.mix file come into place?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Create an expandxx.mix file, compact it, save it, then close it.

2. Create an ecachexx.mix file, put all your cameo's in it, compact it, and close it.

3. Re-open the expandxx.mix and stuff everything else in there (VXL's, inafantry SHP's etc...).

4. Compact it and close it.

5. Put bothe the expandxx.mix and the ecachexx.mix into your RA2/TS directory (you can put the ecachexx.mix inside the expandxx.mix but it's quicker and easier this way).

6. Open rulesmd/rules.ini and artmd/art.ini and get coding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon