Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Adding new features(tags) to OpenRA
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
¥R_M0dd€r
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:  Adding new features(tags) to OpenRA Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to add a new tag to Warheads called Stun, for testing and education purposes.

Code:
BarrelExplode:
   Warhead:
      Stun: 300
      Damage: 500
      Spread: 426

The units(I guess its called "Actor" in OpenRA?) hit by this warhead are unable to move for 300 frames(or whatever measurement system OpenRA uses).

I am not looking for someone to write the code for me.

I was wondering if there are tutorials around explaning the source code. An API? Also some tips on which classes and interfaces I should look at in order to implement this.
How can I make the parser read and understand the Stun tag?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's C# as I understand. I know some java and have looked at the source code a bit, but you're going to need more than a simple tutorial.

deniz1a
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:  Welcome to the party Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Welcome! Thanks for joining us. here at ppmsite, deniz1a..."

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can create new warheads with custom effects at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/tree/bleed/OpenRA.Mods.RA/Warheads since the recent refactor.

The IDisable interface which is currently used for powering down buildings may be a starting point https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/blob/bleed/OpenRA.Game/Traits/TraitsInterfaces.cs#L115 that needs to be generalized further or the ISpeedModifier https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/blob/bleed/OpenRA.Game/Traits/TraitsInterfaces.cs#L159 assuming you just set movement speed to 0 while stunned to disable unit movement temporarily.

Anyway, the first thing to do is file a feature request at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/new so we don't lose an overview and reach more interested developers.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M.

Not much of a point of ¥R_M0dd€r feature request as the OpenRA team is going to need to do this anyway for the TibSun port to OpenRA. What ¥R_M0dd€r is trying to is make the TibSun EMP effect that shuts down tanks and cycborgs.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alieen
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome! Thanks for joining us. here at ppmsite, deniz1a..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum