Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
The Dawn of the Tiberium Age v1.13 Trailer
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject:  The Dawn of the Tiberium Age v1.13 Trailer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, your trailers are always a pleasure to watch. I love the accurate fade effect from TS to DTA.
Also nice work about the quick and precise MP options explanations.

Though I wonder how you made that amazing far zoom out. Do you play with 4K resolution or render the game direct to video with an even higher res?

P.S.: thanks for the score screen with me on last position #Tongue

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome trailer as usual Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Not as bad as the worst micromanagement failure of my life (EMP'ing my own defenses twice) >_>'

He's obviously hiding scenes where he does poorly =P (j/k)

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have I seen new roads and buildings? Awesome! Keep the good work Bittah Commander and all the Staff of DTA! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, this is a pretty impressive project even though I'm not fond of the engine it is on. Earned my vote for sure.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I'd consider porting the mod to YR if it had a smaller cell size, although it comes with the additional downside of not being freeware (meaning I wouldn't legally be able to keep it as a stand-alone mod anymore).
Porting to OpenRA won't be on the table until they at least create a tool that can convert maps so that we won't have to remake every single map. And even then there'd still be other factors to consider (such as the AI, multiplayer game hosting and of course whether the porting job would be worth the benefits; currently that's not the case).
warlock wrote:
Have I seen new roads and buildings? Awesome! Keep the good work Bittah Commander and all the Staff of DTA! Very Happy

The new civilian buildings are directly converted (and resized) from TS; I did this because the tiny TD civilian structures didn't fit in next to paved roads at all.
^Rampastein wrote:

He's obviously hiding scenes where he does poorly =P

Well, I did include our lost game on Epicenter, sped up to 10000% Razz

Edit:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Wow, your trailers are always a pleasure to watch. I love the accurate fade effect from TS to DTA.
Also nice work about the quick and precise MP options explanations.

Though I wonder how you made that amazing far zoom out. Do you play with 4K resolution or render the game direct to video with an even higher res?

The transition from TS to DTA and from ingame to client was actually done by combining videos and images. I did indeed play and record the game with a very high resolution there though: 3200x1800 was the highest custom resolution that I was able to add (my monitor can't actually display this many pixels, so I obviously don't normally play with that resolution).

The score screen with you last is the only score screen of the icfDTA mission that I had on video, so it couldn't be helped #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The trailer is very nice and shows some fresh ideas, like showing the different client features. At times the camera movement is a bit too jerky, but it's nothing major. Oh, and gave you guys a vote some days ago. Keep up the good work!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the jerkiness comes from the ingame move camera triggers; the only way to reduce the jerkiness was by speeding up the video at those points. I'd best remember not to use the move camera trigger again when recording videos from now on...

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool trailer, i'd see the part of the video where you set up a co-op game goes too fast

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice morphing of TS to DTA terrain in the trailer. Looking forward to see the modder friendly client.

Voted +1 in moddb for DTA, TI.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mod is out, so check it it.

I've gotta run though, so the news post will have to wait for later (unless Banshee beats me to it).

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. Will this also work if the map consists of non-original terrain?

Moving to OpenRA won't be worth it for a while yet however.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA is currently the 26th most popular mod in Moddb. Nice job guys Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum