Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
Nod Mission 14 needs tanks and anti-aircraft units to build
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:  Nod Mission 14 needs tanks and anti-aircraft units to build Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That mission I have just accomplished yesterday was one of the most pathetic missions ever. Why? Because Nod cannot build tanks from the War Factory other than relying on cyborgs, and worse than that, no anti-aircraft units (not even tank hunters!), meaning I have to rely on reapers and SAM bunkers to counter enemy aircraft (and reapers are underpowered and slow against aircraft).

The mission wasn't difficult to accomplish but it was insane, annoying and slow for infantry to be reliable for everything.

Also it was frustrating to attack the GDI base on the west of the map because two things: I keep getting attacked by incoming GDI tanks and I tried two groups of cyborg units to attack the GDI base and one of the groups got hit with an EMP by 1-2 Orca Interceptors and also got attacked by Orca Bombers!

Nod mission 14 should have one exception, whether if it's a cyborg base or a normal Nod base, you got to include tanks to build as an exception (for the next patch to make things easier). The only other way to build tanks (and getting anti-aircraft vehicles) is to capture the GDI Construction Yard and War Factory in the west map.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Pathetic" is a poor choice of word I think, but your feedback has been noted. Redeemers can be considered as the "Tank" of the Cyborg missions as it is very similar to a Goliath in terms of codes, with exception to the fact that it has a huge firepower buff once it is deployed.

Reapers are anti-aircraft, but yeah, I know, they're pretty clumsy. The lack of an Anti-Aircraft unit in the Cyborg Missions is indeed a problem I've been aware of, this is primarily my fault for not planning that out, I think maybe we'll just enable the Stinger Mobile SAM. Even though it's not a Drone, it is pretty necessary in these missions.

DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds like a good nerf to the difficulty for the mission. That's the only thing that really kills you are those efficient Orca's. Bombers by themselves are pretty efficient at turning your borgs into bloody scrap, and the Interceptors just make your borgs literal sitting ducks for them. Maybe you could make the Stingers have a synthesized or robotic voice in the borg focused missions. It would prevent any contradiction to the lore, but it will cost a tad bit of reworking. A special drone Stinger would be cool for a special missions unit. Maybe make the special Stinger a refitted demo drone. Now that would make sense, don't you think?

Varbo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't really have this issue, but I did have a similar one on Nod mission 3. Going by the gameplay video for it, I know it's possible to just mass rocket infantry and rush the base (I explored the whole map), but aside from that, while I was able to complete the mission without too much difficulty, I really felt it was too constraining how incredibly limited your unit selection was in face of the GDI units you confront. You can't building vehicles and you're entirely limited to what you're given via reinforcements or what you can capture with hijackers. I think the mission would have been much more of a headache if I hadn't made sure to hijack vehicles, among them the sole mammoth GDI sends at you, which was tricky to get ahold of. You should atleast be able to build bradleys and buggies and not have to be forced to reduce yourself to infantry spam if you lose too many vehicles or don't capture enough GDI ones.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you can now build vehicles in Nod mission 3. They're delivered to the airstrip via helicopter once they've been purchased.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Bunbu
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For this Nod Mission 14, I know how desperately it would be for Nod player to defend against Orcas and even the whole GDI arsenal. But let me share my strategy; the point is not to destroy anything but instead, to capture. I always put this in mind whenever I play both campaign.

As for Mission 14, I stormed the nearest GDI base, spare only the ConYard and place a few unit there, mainly Reaper and Redeemer, to destroy immediately anything the computer have built. This requires a lot of patience and attention, but it pays well.

When my own MCV come, I deployed it and train a Machinist, capture the GDI ConYard and begin to play as GDI from this point onwards. I even have my Railgun Commando ransacking the southwest GDI base Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum