Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
If you have problems with the grass/winter terrain....
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject:  If you have problems with the grass/winter terrain.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of renaming the rotdxp06.mix to something else, simply open it with XCC Mixer, open the ecache12.mix and delete the following files:

- wd01x.sno
- wd02x.sno
- wd03x.sno
- wd04x.sno

and compact the mix.

Now, play any winter map and... surprise! You have a kick ass grass looking map with some winter elements Smile.

Also note that v06.sno and tv06.sno are broken. They were SHP files corrupted by the OS SHP Builder 3.2 Neutral.

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where can i download the XCC Mixer.

you're saying the v06.sno and the tv06.sno files are corrupt? so should they be deleted or just left alone?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I "de-corrupted" them here with some loss of data. Maybe it's better to get v07.sno and tv07.sno and use them to replace v06.sno and tv06.sno respectivelly.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is very interesting, i don't have the echache12.mix file, where did you get it? (you think you can pass it to me)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ecache12.mix is inside rotdxp06.mix

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for all the questions but, it won't let me delete them, and how do i compact the mix.

btw I don't seem to have the v06.sno  nor the tv06.sno , it skips 06 and goes from 05 to 07 for both.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extract ecache12.mix from rotdxp06.mix with XCC Mixer, then edit ecache12.mix using XCC Mix Editor. Then use XCC Mix Editor to put the new ecache12.mix in rotdxp06.mix.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zeta1125 wrote:
btw I don't seem to have the v06.sno  nor the tv06.sno , it skips 06 and goes from 05 to 07 for both.

Look at the bottom of your ecache12.mix. It's there as unknown files. Replace tv06.sno with tv07.sno and v06.sno with v07.sno.

Zeta1125
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes yes, I'm being an asshole with all these questions (I apologize again) how do I import the edited echace12.mix file back into the rotdxp06.

second, what do you mean by replace tv06.sno with tv07.sno and v06.sno with v07.sno, do you mean rename the files and make em save over the 06. (please don't yell at me for not understanding this stuff  Crying or Very sad )

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea..Whatcha do? And where did you get the replacements, Banshee?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
yes yes, I'm being an asshole with all these questions (I apologize again)

- You just seems to not be relying so much in your inteligence. Wink You should rely on it a bit more.

Quote:
how do I import the edited echace12.mix file back into the rotdxp06.

- Use XCC Mix Editor. Make sure both mix editor and windows explorer are not maximized and do some drag and drop with the files you want.

Quote:
second, what do you mean by replace tv06.sno with tv07.sno and v06.sno with v07.sno, do you mean rename the files and make em save over the 06.

- exactly.

Quote:
Yea..Whatcha do? And where did you get the replacements, Banshee?

- I actually did just a dirt job. I've opened the corrupted v06.sno and tv06.sno on the unreleased BS SHP Builder 2.2 and passed to the newest SHP Builder the frames I could restore... then, I also got the shadows from tv07 and v07, but honestly, the result sucks. Replace the v06 with the v07 and tv06 with tv07 that is better.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Way ahead of you. Smile

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: If you have problems with the grass/winter terrain.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Instead of renaming the rotdxp06.mix to something else, simply open it with XCC Mixer, open the ecache12.mix and delete the following files:

- wd01x.sno
- wd02x.sno
- wd03x.sno
- wd04x.sno

and compact the mix.

Now, play any winter map and... surprise! You have a kick ass grass looking map with some winter elements Smile.

Also note that v06.sno and tv06.sno are broken. They were SHP files corrupted by the OS SHP Builder 3.2 Neutral.

so the waterfalls are the problem it seems... i wonder though if maps with waterfalls on them also work with that terrain even if the wd0xx files are deleted?

and btw in version 2.3 the images for the civilian buildings aren't used anyway, so no point in repairing them. when using the buildings i got IEs, so I had to disable all the buildings.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you got IEs on the buildings because the files were corrupted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon