Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2\YR] 3d scene with basic light and material setup
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject:  [RA2\YR] 3d scene with basic light and material setup Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scene for 3d max 2011 with basic light and material setup.

Comes with example structures.

preview.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.87 KB
 Viewed:  23352 Time(s)

preview.png

maps.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  maps.rar
 Filesize:  1.79 MB
 Downloaded:  768 Time(s)

3d (max2011).rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3d (max2011).rar
 Filesize:  143.17 KB
 Downloaded:  609 Time(s)

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice!
Although with Max 9 there is no way I'll be opening this.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great! Thanks gangster!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Nuke Atty
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are really great work!

carnage_xploade
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Niceeee very nice.
But i was wondering, can some one release that tesla coil in a shp?
because I dont know a thing about 3d modeling and I really want it.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

carnage_xploade wrote:
Niceeee very nice.
But i was wondering, can some one release that tesla coil in a shp?
because I dont know a thing about 3d modeling and I really want it.

Make that all 3 of them. They all look fantastic. I see 2 max files...Any chance there are more structures not seen here?

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice release gangster, I wish more users would follow-suit with the same kind of helpful content. the light set-up will help a lot of mod's out there that have plenty of troubles illuminating their scenes properly in a 3D package.

very very excellent release.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin wrote:
Very nice!
Although with Max 9 there is no way I'll be opening this.

if he can save it as obj you might be able to. I did that with a file while using 3d Max 2013.....exported it as OBJ then opened that in 3d max 2010

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone mind opening these and taking a picture? There are 2 files. What does each contain? Are these 3 structures all of what's in there? If so, can anyone convert these to SHPs?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SaneDisruption wrote:
I wish more users would follow-suit with the same kind of helpful content.

posted 2007 on Tibweb: how to create SHP units with 3dsmax Wink

LKO in that tutorial wrote:
Here is a zip with 5 3dsmax files showing different foundation sizes for buildings in the common TS shp sizes (96x96pixel=2x2TScells, 144x144=3x3, 192x192=4x4, 240x240=5x5, 288x288=6x6): LKOfoundations.zip ( 87.14K )

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This was released as *.max to also give an example of quick establishing universal materials. These are not requring unwarp but utilizing simple UWV Map. With browsing a materials you can learn a method which will allow you create a good maps out of nothing, revealing power of Multi\Sub-Object, Blend, Mix, Swirl, Splat materials, and colour correction with Output -> Color map. etc.

PS second file is holding an Allied-theme setup.

preview2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.51 KB
 Viewed:  23014 Time(s)

preview2.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
SaneDisruption wrote:
I wish more users would follow-suit with the same kind of helpful content.

posted 2007 on Tibweb: how to create SHP units with 3dsmax Wink

Moot point, only a handful of people pay visit to TibWeb on a regular basis.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be too much to ask for Max 2010-compatible scene files? Seems like something I would like to take a peek at.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure about the new 3dsmax, but versions 9 and below are unable to save in older fileformats. Thus it would be necessary to recreate the scene from scratch again using an older 3dsmax.

Public SHPs

Tools

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah. thats qite a problem. I ll have to re-do stuff at lower version. I belive RW stuf was made at 9th, but materials are a bit outdated too. :\

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know there should be an option in 2011 to save 2010-compatible scene file, basically listed as separate file type in 'Save As' dialog. How well that works, I don't know though. Could be worth trying anyways.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any way someone could just convert these all into SHPs? I would very much like to use the Allied door and Soviet buildings. The Tesla Reactor and Tesla Coil are both very amazing! RA2's original versions of these are rather ugly.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can someone converts it to SHP??? or someone has the shp version?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a template, there's really nothing much to convert.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hum... It works on 3D Studio Max 2010?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Scene for 3d max 2011

warlock wrote:
Hum... It works on 3D Studio Max 2010?

I'm making a guess at no.  Although you could just download it and try it.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you are looking to open this with 3DMax 2010.......i opened it with 3Dmax 2013 and saved it for 3Dmax 2010 version

2010.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2010.rar
 Filesize:  139.5 KB
 Downloaded:  82 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
i opened it with 3Dmax 2013 and saved it for 3Dmax 2010 version

Is 2010 the oldest supported format?

Public SHPs

Tools

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
if you are looking to open this with 3DMax 2010.......i opened it with 3Dmax 2013 and saved it for 3Dmax 2010 version

Thanks Nikademis! That was a nice help! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes LKO....... If it wasn't I could help so many others, lol

2013.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.63 KB
 Viewed:  20788 Time(s)

2013.png

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will work in gmax too?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

warlock wrote:
It will work in gmax too?

No.
Gmax does not even have a renderer,don't bother with it.
It's a horrible piece of crapware.

Get Max 2010 at least to use these

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well... I will try again the 3ds max... I've gmax because is lighter and faster thinkin that "crapware" could be useful for my models to use in RA2... But well... Thanks guys! Wink

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Experiencing some problems... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I got 3D Studio Max 2010 and I'm experiencing some problems with the Templates... The grids dont appear on the 3D view... Just appear a grey background... Like this, how to fix it?

Screen 3DS.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  249.88 KB
 Viewed:  19557 Time(s)

Screen 3DS.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you download the maps.rar & uncompressed it into the same folder as the template?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

warlock wrote:
Well I got 3D Studio Max 2010 and I'm experiencing some problems with the Templates... The grids dont appear on the 3D view... Just appear a grey background... Like this, how to fix it?

the grid looks like the default 3ds max grid that has nothing to do with the ingame cell grid.
Press g to get rid of the redundant 3ds max grid. No need to activate it, except for finding where is up, down and the 0-plane.

Bottom right is the orthographic view from the camera. Cameras don't have to show the 3ds max grid. The grid is in the perspective and other modeling views so you have a reference point when starting a new model.

Public SHPs

Tools

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kay... Understood! Thanks lads! Very Happy

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As the download links are broken, I've re-uploaded them. If you want it taken down Gangster, just tell me and I'll delete it.

maps.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  maps.rar
 Filesize:  1.79 MB
 Downloaded:  86 Time(s)

3d (max2011).rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3d (max2011).rar
 Filesize:  143.17 KB
 Downloaded:  42 Time(s)

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: 3DS Max 2010 file needed... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
As the download links are broken, I've re-uploaded them. If you want it taken down Gangster, just tell me and I'll delete it.

Can you re-upload the 3DS Max 2010 file too?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have the 2010 file sorry, and I last upgraded to 2016 so I can only save to 2013.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem 4Star! Is sorted! Thanks mate! Wink

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!