Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
problem adding voxel to xxc?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject:  problem adding voxel to xxc?
Subject description: could i have a corrupt voxel perhaps?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I created a new multi-part voxel (titan) and as soon as I polished it and completed the hva walking frames, I tried to add it via xxc and i get an "unknown" in the description.... any tips on fixing the problem? I spent quite a bit of time on it and I hope I don't have to start over..

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If vxl/hva still work in VXLSE and HVA Builder, then copy/save them to a different drive or harddisk and try.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using XCC Mixer or XCC MixEditor? Mixer is the recommended program to use, MixEditor can corrupt mix files and produce the above problems.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes the voxel and hva work in all other programs. voxel section editor, voxel viewer, and hva builder... It's when I use mix editor and try to add it to a mix file.

I also tried to save it to another directory as a completely new copy with no change.

would anyone care to look at the voxel perhaps? I'm sure it has something to do with an oversight on my part when creating multiple sections..

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the titan you just uploaded in media hut is in question, it comes in the mix file properly.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try using XCC Mixer & not XCC MixEditor. If that doesn't work you can upload the voxel here or PM it to me & I'll take a look at it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you both for the help...I never found out why or why it happened...I started a new voxel and imported my sections.. something corrupted the file I guess... thanks again!

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that the names of the vxl and hva have to match perfectly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon