Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS Bloodstone (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Disgrace
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:  FS Bloodstone (2-4) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my sixth map! This map features more complex triggers than my previous maps, a day/night loop and tunnels.

There's lots to capture, destroy and discover around the map. There are several islands, a lot of which contain secrets of their own.

The tunnels were troublesome to get working so I invite the experts to look at them in a text editor to ensure they are alright.

Enjoy!  Cool

0.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.06 KB
 Viewed:  5863 Time(s)

0.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  894.27 KB

1.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  709.67 KB

2.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  700.07 KB

3.jpg

Bloodstone.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bloodstone.mpr
 Filesize:  424.32 KB
 Downloaded:  122 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice map again. Rugged terrain, good atmosphere and like the tiberium colors. But felt less building
space.

Should have bridge repair huts at both end of bridges, bottom 2 have at only one end. Could also
clean up unassociated entries CABHUT with 01000059, ORCATRAN with 01000053.

Tunnels are erratic if not on the same height. Bottom tubes entries has to be redone if it is meant for
the bent entrances. Can use Q45's tunnel drawing (coordinates plotting) tool specially for bent tunnels.
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=513710

In finalsun 0.98 version, one can see the tunnel lines, it can be used for viewing purpose. Attaching
it with some hex edits to its exe file.

Destroyable cliffs usually restricts AI, in this case usage of north tiberium patch. Though it is
not a problem, I would also avoid PICK/GAKODK/Sniper like mods in general purpose maps.
And should rethink in making pyramids capturable which are immune.

Edit: It has a good naval layout, only left-top cliff close to the map border does not allow passage of ships.

FinalSun_b98a4.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FinalSun_b98a4.rar
 Filesize:  665.15 KB
 Downloaded:  46 Time(s)

Last edited by E1 Elite on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really,  really nice. Good work.

Disgrace
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Nice map again...

Thanks for the feedback! Some things you mentioned I also considered myself.

There is a mid-game ion storm to destroy those cliffs. Making the pyramids capturable isn't a problem either as I assigned them "IsBase=0". Other than the associated trigger, they are useless.

About the bridge repair huts, one of them was clipping with the tunnel entrance so I decided to remove the two for continuity rather than rework either the cliffs or the island itself since I designed all but one bridge to be of a single length (also for continuity).

One question though, why would you avoid PICK/GAKODK/etc mods in "general purpose maps"?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If an immune building is captured, other players won't be able destroy it to win. IsBase is a leftover in the ini.
Instead BaseNormal and Adjacent is used for human players.

Check placing bridge repair huts on either side, it need not be diagonal.

Nothing wrong with complex mods. I avoid them because it reduces its flexibility with mods. Mentioned it
because a weapon change in my personal mod didn't allow testing the naval part at that time.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Changes made:
South-east tunnel lines, added bridge repair huts and removed capturable entry for pyramid.

Bloodstone.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bloodstone.zip
 Filesize:  219.51 KB
 Downloaded:  32 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon