Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
Bugs Version .1390
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SeriousToni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject:  Bugs Version .1390 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear DTA Team,

many thanks for developing such a great gaming experience! You truly do a wonderful job in developing this masterpiece!

I tried out the newest build.1390 after a longer time (many version back). And found some things you might want to adress in the next update:

Tested on the mission "Unification":

- while playing on "normal" game speed the game does take very long to start since the text messages / blinking start units seem to correspont directly to the game speed (on a higher speed the game gives you the control faster) Could this be made independend from game speed settings?

- after destroying the last final assault of the GDI troops the game didn't say "You won" and instead I was roaming the map for about 5 minutes when it said all of a sudden "Mission sucessful"

- When the Nod Missile Boat shoots its cluster missile, you see the Tiberian Sun Nod Cluster missile which somewhat breaks the immersion of playing CnC1 (you should remove the obvious TS game assets if possible)

- When the Nod Missile Boar is being ranked up, it starts shooting green toxic rockets which is nice, but the green color of the rockets is really harsh and it breaks the immersion here again (try to use a darker / low saturated green instead)

Thanks for listening and I hope you don't see this as nitpicking. It's a really nice game and I just want to give my two cents to it. Thanks a lot again! You guys rock! Smile

SeriousToni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another note:

Tested a skirmish game on Dark Forest and felt like commenting this:

- The harvesters often got stopped at the bridges by infantry moving over the bridge which resulted in a freeze (no harvester / troop turn around)

- The harvesters of the ai (easy) were getting to the blue Tiberium on the other side of the map which is more far than the Tiberium fields around their base

- The troops I positioned around my base were repeating enemy fire very slowly (Rak-Zeros were shooting on coming enemy troops early, but not gunners / flame warriors) - they mostly stood around watching enemy troops coming, even when they were already in their range of fire (it seemed to me)

- Enemy Orcas landing and waiting in my base after their attack (maybe enemy had too few heliports and instead of landing on the ground in their base they landed in MY base)

- My Nod motor cycles always hunted down enemy attacking orcas into their base where they got fried by the enemy defense towers (I was not giving an active attack command on the orcas, this was repeating Fire)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs Version .1390 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello and welcome to our forums. Nice to hear that you like the mod Smile I see that you've contributed as well, [4] Crossroads was originally made by you.

Quote:
Tested on the mission "Unification":

I guess you mean Reunification #Tongue

Quote:
- while playing on "normal" game speed the game does take very long to start since the text messages / blinking start units seem to correspont directly to the game speed (on a higher speed the game gives you the control faster) Could this be made independend from game speed settings?

This is impossible to do. I personally play on Faster most of the time (and that's the default speed), so I've made the mission introduction parts with Faster speed (60 FPS) in mind.

Quote:
- after destroying the last final assault of the GDI troops the game didn't say "You won" and instead I was roaming the map for about 5 minutes when it said all of a sudden "Mission sucessful"

I recently played the mission and although there was some idling time in the end, it was far from 5 minutes. Maybe you destroyed the attacking GDI units quicker than usual or the lower gamespeed you play at made the idling time that much longer. This is something I could change, but I haven't encountered it myself.

Quote:
- The harvesters of the ai (easy) were getting to the blue Tiberium on the other side of the map which is more far than the Tiberium fields around their base

Our ways to affect harvester tiberium searching and pathfinding are quite limited. While most of the time not an issue, sometimes the harvester tiberium search algorithm makes stupid choices and we can't really do much about it.

Quote:
- The troops I positioned around my base were repeating enemy fire very slowly (Rak-Zeros were shooting on coming enemy troops early, but not gunners / flame warriors) - they mostly stood around watching enemy troops coming, even when they were already in their range of fire (it seemed to me)

All units in DTA respond to nearby enemies at the same speed; there are no differences in the reaction time of units. Units will also automatically engage enemies that are close enough, although if the enemy outranges your units, your units won't move in and fire back automatically.

Quote:
- Enemy Orcas landing and waiting in my base after their attack (maybe enemy had too few heliports and instead of landing on the ground in their base they landed in MY base)

This happens quite often, there isn't anything we can do about it. When the AI builds more aircraft than it has helipads/airfields, some of the extra aircraft land on your base while others land next to the AI's aircraft docks (and often start dancing around those aircraft docks) after depleting their ammo.

Quote:
- My Nod motor cycles always hunted down enemy attacking orcas into their base where they got fried by the enemy defense towers (I was not giving an active attack command on the orcas, this was repeating Fire)

This is a very annoying issue of the Tiberian Sun engine that we are unable to fix. We find it one of the most annoying issues of the engine.

Someone else will have to answer the graphical questions as I'm not responsible for the graphics, nor do I have that much knowledge on them.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Quote:

All units in DTA respond to nearby enemies at the same speed; there are no differences in the reaction time of units. Units will also automatically engage enemies that are close enough, although if the enemy outranges your units, your units won't move in and fire back automatically.

Could be an engine issue.
Your units acquired a target, which moved out of the weapon range. Infantry then just stand there, try to fire on the target out of their range,
thus do nothing since it is out of range,
and when other enemies come in range, they ignore them, since their still acquired target isn't dead yet.
Once their target is dead, they search for another target in range and then try to attack that.

^Rampastein wrote:
Quote:

This is a very annoying issue of the Tiberian Sun engine that we are unable to fix. We find it one of the most annoying issues of the engine.

Same bug as with the infantry mentioned before. Infantry just don't start following the target like vehicles. Infantry keep standing stupidly around while vehicles hunt the target down to either ones death.

Super annoying bug and unfortunately impossible to fix for us. Wall bash!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Bugs Version .1390 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeriousToni wrote:
- When the Nod Missile Boat shoots its cluster missile, you see the Tiberian Sun Nod Cluster missile which somewhat breaks the immersion of playing CnC1 (you should remove the obvious TS game assets if possible)

If cluster missiles shouldn't look like cluster missiles, exactly what should they look like?
If it didn't fit in, I'd agree, but in my opinion it fits in perfectly well with its current size (being half the size of the cluster missile in TS).

I suspect that the main issue here is that you're aware that this is a TS to TD/RA total conversion mod and "borrowed" TS graphics just happen to remind you of that knowledge. In other words, it wouldn't have been a problem if this was a mod for a different engine or if you at least didn't know that the mod is based on TS.
SeriousToni wrote:
- When the Nod Missile Boar is being ranked up, it starts shooting green toxic rockets which is nice, but the green color of the rockets is really harsh and it breaks the immersion here again (try to use a darker / low saturated green instead)

The idea was to use the same color as tiberium crystals had. I don't have anything against using darker projctiles either though.
SeriousToni wrote:
Tested a skirmish game on Dark Forest and felt like commenting this:

- The harvesters often got stopped at the bridges by infantry moving over the bridge which resulted in a freeze (no harvester / troop turn around)

Assuming you are talking about Black Forest, I'm not seeing any specific bridges that are subject to a lot of two-way traffic from harvesters and combat units. All of the bridges only lead to tiberium after all, meaning that the AI has no reason to send combatant units over them, which in turn means that it shouldn't be likely for these bridges to get jammed at all.
Was any bridge getting jammed in particular?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
SeriousToni

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the warm welcome and all the constructive answers, guys!

Quote:
I see that you've contributed as well, [4] Crossroads was originally made by you.

Yes indeed. I made a map called "Road to the middle" some years ago when I tried out this mod first. But since my english isn't that good it got renamed to "Crossroads" since it sounds better ^^°

Quote:
I personally play on Faster most of the time (and that's the default speed)

How did they do this to the original TS missions? Did they have the same problem? I can't think of any. Maybe because playing with a lower game speed was common back then. I still play on "normal" since the higher speed settings always confuse my mind Very Happy

Quote:
Your units acquired a target, which moved out of the weapon range. Infantry then just stand there, try to fire on the target out of their range,
thus do nothing since it is out of range,
and when other enemies come in range, they ignore them, since their still acquired target isn't dead yet.
Once their target is dead, they search for another target in range and then try to attack that.

Ah yes that does make sense, I guess that was the problem I had. It felt like that was working better in the original TD games though. Sad

Quote:
Assuming you are talking about Black Forest,

Sorry I meant Forest of Fear! I've not yet put all the names into my brain - sorry for the confusion! It was the bridge in the north. The ai was playing on the left position, trying to get its infantry to my side while the harvester was trying to get back to base. This happened two or three times in this one game.

Quote:
I suspect that the main issue here is that you're aware that this is a TS to TD/RA total conversion mod and "borrowed" TS graphics just happen to remind you of that knowledge.

Ah yes of course that's the main problem here. But I think 90% who play this conversion, have played TS already too Wink
Maybe some small changes if using another model is too hardcore would also fit? Like using another grey tone instead of the red?

I understand the limitations giving to you by this engine and I guess it's mostly nitpicking I did, so don't get too excited about the things you can't change anyway! I mean this mod has so many pros against the few cons compared to the original series, that this shouldn't be too bad.

I really like the enhanced mode especially with all the new assets and the many settings we can apply. Didn't try out the new editor yet but I am curious already Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeriousToni wrote:
Ah yes that does make sense, I guess that was the problem I had. It felt like that was working better in the original TD games though. Sad

It was indeed a lot better working in the original games.
Only the TS engine has this annoying bug.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

SeriousToni

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh and what I forgot: "Reunification" really makes great use of the stone, scissors, paper system of the game while explaining some of the new troops!

It's easy mission difficulty (along a nice little storyline that keeps up the pace) makes it great for new players to learn the game! Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. That's exactly what I designed the mission for Smile

SeriousToni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to hear - you did a really great job on this mission! Is there a map you can recommend next or do you tell players to explore the rest of the units freely in skirmish or the other sp maps then? Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We don't have another such introduction mission (yet). So yeah, explore the units freely in other missions and skirmish. I wouldn't recommend the Soviet Campaign or Eradicating the Red - the difficulty level in those is fairly extreme, but all the other missions / campaigns (including the Classic ones) should be beatable and fun as long as you can beat a Medium AI 1v1 in skirmish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum