Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert Doodling
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject:  Red Alert Doodling
Subject description: Warning: Crappy Art
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just got a new graphics tablet, something I've been wanting to try out, and had some fun sketching Red Alert stuff. I thought I'd share what I got so far. I'm just going to say now that I'm not even a competent artist.

RA1-2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.34 KB
 Viewed:  2755 Time(s)

RA1-2.png

RA1-1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.5 KB
 Viewed:  2755 Time(s)

RA1-1.png

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its all about dat practice. Your not doing too bad though, I can tell what everything is. Seriously, thats the first step. What program are you using? Which tablet?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No doubt, and I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Capture with GIMP.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to check that out then. I just got my tablet and this was the first thing that came to mind.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/ is your friend Wink

Interesting link. Saved for future reference Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just went ahead of subscribed for the Photoshop, given I can get a discount as a student. GIMP is awesome for a lot of things, but it has its limitations and works like absolute garbage with tablets. The added benefit is that those tutorials are using photoshop.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen a fair number of nice paintings done in GIMP, but personally I've never been able to figure it out to use it correctly. I currently use Photoshop Elements to paint. I think you'll find your Photoshop subscription to be worth the money.

If you want help or feedback, feel free to contact me on Skype. I'd be glad to help in whatever way I can. (Droke7)

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GIMP can do some pretty cool things like this static animation. If you're doing things like vector art or rendering effects, it does pretty good. I wrote a script to generate random layers of background static and traced the original symbols with paths. Still, like I said, it only has really basic support, and bugged at that, for tablets and isn't really built for digital painting. The added benefit of using Photoshop is that I know PSD files will work properly, although I've had only a couple issues with GIMP in this manner, and there are probably more tutorials for Photoshop than GIMP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum