Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ore Bank
Moderators: Atomic_Noodles
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject:  Ore Bank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Credits to Nooze for Graphics

Ore Bank
Affiliation: Allied Nations
Role: Resource Storage
Strong: Nothing
Weak: Everything
Cost: 500
Strength: 500
Power: -10
Sight: 6
Armor: Basic Construction
Requirements: Refinery & Allied Construction Yard
Additional Info:
- Can store up to 5000 Ore/10000 Gems

The spoils of war must be kept somewhere. The Allies use these structures to store any unprocessed ore for storage until it is needed elsewhere in the base for processing.

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks Allied-ish, but something feels off. Not sure what tho. It does match with all the other buildings right?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tell you, the overall shade seems too dark and has too much contrast along with it. This affects MO's new Turret as well, so it must be Nooze's artist style.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The shadows are very small from what I noticed on the pngs. Barely there actually...

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah. I expected something bigger and further to the right for some reason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missing shadows as well. Compared to the Soviet one which is similar in height this one seems to lack or has barely any shadow.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, all of the above. #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like breakfast.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a shadow its just very small.

ggsilo_0003.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  664 Bytes
 Viewed:  5245 Time(s)

ggsilo_0003.png

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you need a bit more shadow, maybe make it longer to mimic the height of the ore bank? It is really tiny and unrealistic.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IDK why it the shadow was tiny to be honest I thought it was just cast that way since its a larger overall shape so it would have cast a smaller shadow since unlike the Soviet & Yuri one it didn't have a more complex shape but anyhow I made an edit on the shadows.

gasilo_test.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.59 KB
 Viewed:  5217 Time(s)

gasilo_test.png

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we see it in purple? I feel like it would look good in Yuri's colors.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is clearly an Allied building. Confused

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no doubt, just want to know.
EDIT: I kind of did it. I just edited the image, nothing more. Please don't get upset.

Yuri-ish Colors.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.82 KB
 Viewed:  5167 Time(s)

Yuri-ish Colors.png

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks more like Tech building to me.  Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
Looks more like Tech building to me.  Smile
Now I know why it feels off to me. THIS. A little bit.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It clearly has Allied architecture elements.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
It clearly has Allied architecture elements.

It clearly doesn't look all Allied though. If things could just be assigned to other teams because it has a few elements from that team, life would be a lot easier.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get a (new) pair of glasses then.

It clearly looks all Allied, especially reminiscing the Purifier. Tech structures aren't this curvy and has a completely different scheme.

=======================

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call me crazy but something just doesn't look right with it. It just looks like it would serve as a nice tech structure or maybe even a Yuri structure. I'm not sure why. Maybe if I saw it next to other Allied structures it would fit in but otherwise, it just doesn't fit Allied in my mind.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I was gonna add a Tech Ore Silo (which I'm not) it would have been octagon in shape with the danger stripes somewhere and the Tech Wrench symbol painted on its side.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Call me crazy but something just doesn't look right with it.

Well, think about it. No improvements can be made until that something you feel isn't quite right is specified.

Quote:
..or maybe even a Yuri structure. I'm not sure why.

Okay, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In allied buildings the vertical walls are rarely grey.  If the main surface or top ring of the silo was subtly olive coloured, like the front arch of the war factory or whatnot, that'd make it look a bit more allied I expect.

In any case, it's a nice building.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon