Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Join the staff
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:  Join the staff Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although we've been managing with the hands that are available, there often are times when only two people or so are active and we don't even have enough people available to do some proper online play-testing with.
So the bottom line is: we can use your help.

We can especially use SHP artists (both for units and structures), mappers (both for multiplayer and singleplayer maps).
Test players are also welcome, but for this we do require you to be able to at least beat the medium AI without too much effort.

If you're interested in any of these jobs (or think you can contribute with a different job) and can meet DTA's quality standard, please send me a PM or post here (and possibly include an example of your work if you haven't posted much of your work at PPM already).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once I have an internet connection and computer at home I can help by being a Test Player. In addition, I can help with map making and being a SHP artist. Though I haven't made a SHP in my life, I can learn. I haven't made any maps aside from "for fun" custom maps, again I can learn. I might be able to help with testing in October. For me to help with map making or SHPs I need some free time to learn and create. My free time is limited because of college, but not enough to be unable to be a Play Tester. This coming summer I will be able to become a mapper or SHP artist, if you even need any by then. I hope DTA acquires enough staff to continue onwards with haste. I wish I could help sooner, but I'm sadily am unable to.

Edit: If there are other jobs you can think of list them. I may be able to help with them. Which would give me the ability to help before I get a computer, internet, and ample free time at home. I'm a fan of DTA, obviously Smile, and TI. I want to be a member of the team instead of a fan for both mods, and I think TI doesn't need more staff(IIRC).

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having you as a test player for now sounds good.

The only other job that comes to mind right now is making terrain, but although we can always use new terrain, it's not as necessary right now.

Do you already any experience with any kind of graphics design by the way? Learning to make maps that meet the quality standard is doable if you have a feeling for it, but with SHPs that's more difficult since you need to create most of them as 3D models first and learning how to do that takes a lot more time to learn.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I currently have no computer or internet source at home. I'm enrolled in college as well. Then I will have to wait until October to get a computer and maybe an internet connection at home. For now I can't help immediately, but sooner or later hopefully. I have no experience in SHP making and a tad experience in mapping. I'm hoping to have time to learn a bit in December and to then fully master both(SHP artisery and mapping, or more) this coming up Summer. I have faith in my capabilities to learn and use what I learn. Like I said, hopefully I can help play test in October. All of this has an undertimened time frame. I want to help in some ways until then though. Problem is I probably won't be able to help in any way immediately.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, let me know when you're available for testing.

Rhob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking for a sort of manual for descriptions of everything in enhanced mode and found in another topic one was never made. I'd like to offer services in creating at least something for unit/building stats. I could get all the cameos and rules info myself.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, these were made before:
http://dta.ppmsite.com/node/240
http://dta.ppmsite.com/node/223

As you can see, they're horribly outdated however (Allies and Soviet didn't exist in the mod yet then either) and with the changes and additions that are still occasionally being made to Enhanced mode, it can be difficult to constantly keep such a chart or descriptions up to date (although I hope that we now have finally gotten to a point where unit additions and drastic changes will rarely be necessary anymore, if at all).

How/where did you intend to create these descriptions by the way? While creating a forum post for them would work, it wouldn't be ideal since the options you have for formatting and layout are quite limited then.
Unless you already have a different plan, a better option would be to post it at DTA's profile at Mod DB and then post a link to the page in the forums. This way you'll have full HTML editing editing capabilities.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't advise using the exact rules.ini stats, but rather a strategy guide with an overview of the units purpose, strength and weaknesses.
The reason is, that due to balancing improvements and fixes, unit stats can change and updating such a guide would double the work.
So only a small description about the objects role would be better

e.g.
Nod Artillery
good vs Infantry and buildings
bad vs armored units
no anti-air

Use this unit as a support behind your front line tanks. Use its long range to take out base defenses from a safe distance.

Allies Cruiser
good vs Infantry, buildings and ground units
bad vs ships
no anti-air

Like all capital ships, this unit is the nr1 choice to take out bases and other land objects. However it performs very poor against ships, so make sure to protect it with Destroyer against other ships and Frigates against air.

@Bittah & Rhob: a well made word document (for the Staff to edit) which can be saved as PDF (for the public version) would be nice too. The PDF could then also replace the readme.rtf or be added as an additional manual.

Such a guide could then also include a chapter about "advanced tactics and control" which then covers things like q-move and other keyboard shortcuts.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather post such a guide to ModDB. Expecting people to read documents in the game directory is quite old-fashioned.

Rhob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think posting a guide to ModDB would probably be the best idea, a place where everyone goes. The out of date guide is pretty much what I had in mind and a good template to start from. Maybe include info like prerequisites, cost, and some generic armor rating (not a verbatin rules entry). Maybe once things with DTA are polished up a bit more a PDF would be good but while still in the works, something easily editable would be better. Are there any PNGs of all the cameos avaliable? If not I suppose I could install XCC and find them all. I may get started with something today.

EDIT:
XCC Will not allow me to set or chance a TS directory making it useless to read any cameos with a color pallet. So I'll need a download or something. Or maybe just the cameo pallet since XCC seems to be able to load individual pallets.

Last edited by Rhob on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can help test if now if you still need me. I also am busy with college, but I have free time now and then.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Currently everything that needs to be tested is already present in the public build (the balance should already be ok, but it could possibly still use some refining), so we can use that for testing for now.
Rhob wrote:
XCC Will not allow me to set or chance a TS directory making it useless to read any cameos with a color pallet. So I'll need a download or something. Or maybe just the cameo pallet since XCC seems to be able to load individual pallets.

To get around this you can either copy the Cache.mix file from DTA's "MIX" sub-directory to Tiberian Sun's directory or just specify specify DTA's directory for one of the other games (such as "TD secondary"). Mind that you need to specify DTA's "MIX" sub-directory rather than the main directory however.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or follow the tutorial
All Palettes for XCC Mixer

I doubt the attached zip there has the latest DTA palettes included, but that's easy to fix.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Rhob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got it working. I extracted 159 Cameos. I'll get a start this week end.

EDIT:

i may post a few questions while working on the guide. 1st. does the Tesla tank weapon jam radar like in RA-1? Kinda hard to test that out on the fly...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no radar jamming logic in the TS engine, so no. I also believe that it only jams the radar in Counterstrike and not in Aftermath, since the Tesla Tank in Counterstrike was basically just an edited Mobile Radar Jammer.

Rhob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah okay.

Somewhere out there, there is a fixed Missile Silo cameo. I'll try to find it if you want to include it in the next update. The Red Alert cameo says "Missle Silo", took me 14 years to notice.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, thanks for pointing that out; I never noticed either Laughing

It's a quick job for me to just fix it myself however, so there's no need to find the fixed one that's floating around.

Rhob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have received most of the peer reviewed unit guide back. There was a couple things with no consensus, such as should the unit guide include classic/enhanced info or just enhanced? Should tech levels/prerequisites be included? Personally I decided not because it changes depending on classic/enhanced mode.

I know it says the build limit is 3 for commando units but I can build 5 I swear.. I'll double check next time I play.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since Classic closely follows TD and RA (meaning most players already more or less know how the classic units function), I think an Enhanced-only guide would be better and more important for now. Later on it's possible to easily make a separate Classic guide by modifying the already finished Enhanced guide. Having info on both Classic and Enhanced mode in the same guide makes it a bit confusing, and you'll have to leave out important details.

Rhob
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Checking in here, I have not forgotten just been a bit busy. I'll try to finish up by this weekend.

Dave1985

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the mod and i would like to offer my services in any capacity from map making to games testing. i am familier with the map maker for multiplayer maps but would need to brush up on the triggers etc for solo missioned map making, otherwise i would love to help in testing and esecially the co op missions and or skirmish sections. i have played cnc games since 97 so well versed in it although i wouldnt say the greatest player. little side note and the reson for joining and the post is the issues with AI in co op missions being seriously limited or suicidial. also the Extreme Ai being bugged but i seen that was covered on another thread. Thank you for the mod and the hard work you have clearly put into it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum