Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
There is no "Cancel" button
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:  There is no "Cancel" button Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, VXLSEIII developers.

When i unaccidentally clicked X / Close application button, i got a warning "Are you sure want to quit? Changes are not saved.". There were only 2 option, Yes or no, and i closed the popup that means you agreed to quit. I was hoping if there will be Cancel button for this.

Thanks...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a good request. I'll work on it as soon as possible.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
That's a good request. I'll work on it as soon as possible.

Thanks, Banshee. Because the future of voxelling is now on your hands...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a hell of a responsibility #Tongue.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would have figured that "No" was the cancel button, it asks "do you want to do this", yes or no. Yes means you do and no means you cancel.

How would a cancel button be different?

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Do you want to quit without saving?"

yes=closes program without saving

no=pops a window that allows you to save the voxel

cancel=does not close the program (returns you to voxeling Smile )

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, Pillbox, No and Cancel will always look confusing in this kind of situation because there are two things being asked at the same time: one is if the file will be saved and another is if the user wants to leave the program.

The best solution is to create a new form asking if the user wants to save and exit and then provide the options: Save and Exit, Exit Without Save and Cancel.

Since, I'm damn lazy, I've kept the dialog with Yes, No and Cancel and I've added one line explaining the 3 options #Tongue. It's available in the latest revision 510.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum