Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
Aria's modding questions [support requests]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [70 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh as for those civilian buildings...
Still can't make sure whether they are authentic enough but maybe Millennium can check this.

alunariantown.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  529.52 KB
 Viewed:  2046 Time(s)

alunariantown.jpg

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol
Yes, countryside buildings in some regions really look like this. It's very accurate...
There are some very famous traditional locations where architecture looks like this.

In towns/cities, it will look more modern. Probably like modern European/American/Chinese cities also.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psh assuming i dunno crap about japan. I adore that country, i know loads about it.  It's pretty much all pre-edo period architecture.  But yeah modern stuff is mostly european.
There's a lot of paper-walled tatami-floored old houses that people still live in...
Move it up to edo-period stuff, and you got places like Takehara.  Really peaceful pleasant place there, both in appearance and socially.

(i like how they're all on the moon)

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An issue i keep coming across for some reason, is death weapons... Pretty much any death weapon i create causes a crash, even if it's a direct clone of an existing one like DemoBomb,TerrorBomb,or NukePayload
now i could start throwing in my ini stuff, but first i wanna ask is there anything that is a common issue with death weapons? like anything in particular that can easily break them?

Millennium wrote:
This exploit has been used to replicate "zombies" in my mod, ie infantry units that can be damaged to near-death with small arms fire (anything that makes use of DieN frames in its death anim), but can never really be killed unless "gibbed" (or hit with something else that confers a death animation).
on that note i found a quirk, it might have to do with Cyborg=yes, but i put a couple explosions as it's death anims, and for some reason it couldn't be killed by a single attacker, it could however be killed if a second attacker came on to it. (i'm using terror drones as infantry)

Last edited by GenesisAria on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Temporal=yes death weapons create crashes for sure. Aside from that, hard to tell. If you got an except.txt, you can attach it to your post. It would increases your chance to get it solved.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you remember to add Explodes=yes?
I don't think omitting it will cause an IE, but it's something to consider maybe.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had Explodes=yes... but for some reason it magically fixed... the only thing that's different is DeathAnims=TWLT036 :/

still trying to work out the gattling thing for my railgun weap XD
i'll have to try my time machine death weapon again (supposed to take stuff with it into a temporal rift and poof. i didn't actually use temporal tho.)

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As Alex said, Temporal death weapons will cause issues, and nothing else will give override explosions for vehicles. You might want to try have your time machine create a dummy infantry upon death that exists briefly and shoots temporal weapons at anything around it.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol i said i didn't actually use temporal . . . if it's a rift you can assume it's full of turbulence and crap (you know gravitational waves and alcubierre-logic space warping, different areas with varying phase... messy messy.) things get all ripped up kinda like scrin rift... it's fine if it just does conventional damage.  it was just crashing my game even tho i tried a direct clone of nukepayload and demobomb, with different effects and it killed my game lul.

to make a temporal suicide weapon it'd prob have to be a dummy vehicle with gattling so that it kills itself after a certain amount of time...

lol though now i'm being reminded of the chrono-tesla-tornado from RA1....

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GenesisAria wrote:

to make a temporal suicide weapon it'd prob have to be a dummy vehicle with gattling so that it kills itself after a certain amount of time...

Can't have DeathWeapons spawn vehicles, and for now (for now!) there is no way to spawn a vehicle via Deploy either... you have to use infantry.
And yes, I used to have a concept for Chrono Vortex in my mod, but since Chrono technology as a whole is removed now, the Vortex isn't used anymore either. Though it might appear again in the future in some obscure high-tier branch of technology, maybe something from SecretLabs.

It was just an un-owned infantry that looked like a big glob of energy and moved around at random, with an AE.Anim with damage on it.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The difficulty of it is making the distortion effect... but It would be easy enough to make it a spawnable entity with visceroid movement.

Nother question: i added a new weapon for a special tower to be able to mind control more than 3 things... supposedly the "damage" equals the amount of things it can mind control, except it still can only control 3 things for some reason.

How does one make aircraft that will turn if there is no turret?
Alternatively, is there a way to improve it's firing angle?  (or perhaps have a turret with limited turn angle?)

Something i don't get, is that in the audio.bag, i can have sounds with 16-bit LPCM 44.1kHz, or even 48kHz . . . why don't the soundtrack files in mixes work?
Edit: Turns out IMA ADPCM @ 44.1kHz is passable.  So we redeem some quality.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Visceroid only applies to vehicleTypes, which DeathWeapons cannot spawn. For infantry, you have to use... IsCow=yes...

"Aircraft that will turn"?
Planes always turn to face their target, but their behaviour is modified by weapon... strafing aircraft will fly over their target and Fighter with OmniFire can fire even when not facing their target. If you mean the old Harpy/ORCA style, the Harrier will do that if you remove Fighter=yes.

No limited-traverse turrets are possible, FireAngle simply controls the barrel elevation/depression.

I can't help with the mindcontrol problem, I never had issues with it, but perhaps there is some setting on the Tower itself that limits it.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i got this lovely kirov gunship and either it's a huge pain in the butthole to aim it at anything, and it never turns, or i have magical bullets that find their way to target somehow using omnifire....

Code:
[NAPSYB]
UIName=Name:NAPSYB
Name=Psychic Beacon
Image=NAPSYB
Nominal=yes
BuildCat=Combat
Prerequisite=NATECH
Strength=1100
Armor=wood
TechLevel=10
Adjacent=3
Sight=10
Owner=Africans,Arabs,Confederation,Russians
Cost=2000
Points=50
Power=-500
Powered=true
Crewed=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnim=Dbris1sm,Dbris1lg,Dbris4sm,Dbris5sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm,Dbris5lg,Dbris4lg
MaxDebris=15
MinDebris=5
ThreatPosed=40
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=220, 390, 150
AIBuildThis=no
DetectDisguise=yes
BaseNormal=yes
AmbientSound=PsychicAmplifierLoop
DieSound=PsychicAmplifierDie
PipScale=MindControl
BuildLimit=1
Primary=MultipleMindControlTower2
RevealToAll=yes
ForbiddenHouses=Americans,Alliance,French,Germans,British
Crew.TechnicianChance=15

[MultipleMindControlTower2]
Damage=6
ROF=150
Range=9
Projectile=PsychicControl
Speed=100
Warhead=Controller
Anim=YURICNTL
FireOnce=yes
Nothing seems fishy.... the weap is literally a clone of the former.

Last edited by GenesisAria on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmniFire=yes on the weapon or the unit, I cannot remember which. Required on jumpjet units.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the weapon I think, OmniFire on the unit is used in some places in the default rulesmd, but I don't think it works.

Voxel JumpJet units can't turn to face their target (maybe Ares will fix that soon), so either OmniFire or give them Turret=yes (an actual turret voxel is not needed, it will just look like the unit will have an invisible turret). Both solutions seem to be equal, but Turret=yes gives you additional control over how fast you want your unit to align its weapons (via ROT), while OmniFire is instant.

Oh also your code is not of a gunship at all, but of a Psychic Tower clone, so I'm posting pure conjecture.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Talking about 2 separate things here.  The kirov gunship is a kirov airship with a double howitzer gun on it, self explanatory.  The script was for the tower that wouldn't mind control more than 3 things.

Alternatively i could make the whole kirov a turret, with a low ROT, and disabled opportunity fire / target tracking....so it doesn't fly sideways.

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The turret of the Jumpjet vehicle will automatically point to a certain direction if left uncontrolled, unless they are set to spin.
I set the Damage of the [MultipleMindControlTower]  to 250 and it works just fine.

Last edited by Trans_C on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? I have used Turret=yes on jumpjet units alot and it has always worked... let me try again.

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

of course I'm talking in NP. maybe the almighty Ares has solved this.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
The turret of the Jumpjet vehicle will automatically point to a certain direction if left uncontrolled, unless they are set to spin.
I set the Damage of the [MultipleMindControlTower]  to 250 and it works just fine.
250? i only want it to mind control 6 units lol.

Edit: have kirov gunship a generic dummy vxl base, and the whole thing is a turret, works just find in the air... occasionally strafes but that's ok, it's a pro kirov.  the only notable issue is that props only animate when firing. oh well, lets you know it's eating someone's base from afar devastator style.
Edit2: it does turn itself to face the bottom right sometimes, but not always.... not a huge deal.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon