Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
a surgestion
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:  a surgestion
Subject description: any surgestion can be here
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there i was wondering if you can add this feature:
     -damaged units:units when damaged (we set the health) transform into another unit(just to make the coding easy) so it will change the art and many things(for example a damaged tank will be unable to move or fire its main weapon and it will have a art of a damaged tank)

-Hulks:as in Generals
     -Upgrades:buildings with 0*0 fondation as in D-DAY will be automaticly deployed in the battlefield (no need to click on the field when its ready)
     -Upgrades Logic:as in Generals upgrading a units health,firepower, armor or upgrading it into another unit

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2/3 are the same as Unit-to-Unit transformation that's been long suggested for Ares or can be done with AttachEffect. As far as autodeploying, I don't think that's possible as you still need to place it, either using an AI control or otherwise and deploying it onto a buildingtype would probably require many tags to get it to deploy to the right building not to mention if you have multiples of the same building...

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some time ago I suggested something different to AlexB on PM.
Units should get darker the more damage they take.
About the desabling of the main gun.... meh (welcome to company of heroes! ). Laughing

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use negative AttachEffect to simulate battle damaged to units. For example in D-day if an artillery gets a direct hit on a tank it will stop it for a short time by using AttachEffect.SpeedMultiplier=0.0.

You could also use this to make units slower &/or weaker over time by using 0.9 & AttachEffect.Cumulative.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you know i relly didn't geted the "Attach"thing from the manual some explanation will be great

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree something like the ACTOR-CONDITION system from Gen/ZH would be nice - like, say, having Condition: HP < 25%, Apply Status: AttachEffect.SpeedMultiplier=0.5
But that is very illusory for the YR engine I think.
I recon the best you can expect to get from Ares would be an "Apply AE only below x% health" thing for warheads.

(and I also still think the *ideal* way of handling it would be having different thresholds/health-counters for different effects, so you could take seperate HP Damage, Speed Damage, Armor Damage, Psychic Damage, EMP Damage, KillDriver Damage and so on...).

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What if the effect was to reverse veterancy? The traits you gain as a veteran or elite get taken away...

Seems like a more easily implemented automated solution?

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the right AttachEffect settings already do that... say VeteranAbilities is FIREPOWER and that bonus is defined as 1.25, then you get hit by an AE with FirepowerMultiplier=.8, it will return your firepower to baseline.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another suggestion:
Something that allows certain structures to be placed next to certain other structures only.
For example, I want to make a base expansion node:
Code:

[GAEXPA]
Name=Allied Base Expander
BaseNormal=yes
EligibleAdjacentBuildings=GAPILE ; defaults to all

would mean I would be able to place barracks next to the expander, but nothing else.
Alternatively, you could make it a tag on the building you want to place:
Code:

[GAPILE]
Adjacent=
PlaceNextTo=GAEXPA
PlaceNextToExplicitOnly=y/n

second tag would prevent it from being built near any structure that is not explicitly mentioned in PlaceNextTo.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you don't care about the AI?

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would this be very hard to code into the AI?
Come to think, the AI ignores things like deployable base expansion nodes anyway, and building defenses near oil derricks. If push comes to shove, the AI might just be coded to ignore it.

Of course, if you set it on normal base structures, it would be quite messy. But on structures that are ignored by AI anyways when it gets to base-building, I see no issue.

And another buildings-related suggestion:
Allowing AIBasePlanningSide to take a list, rather than an integer. That way, we can have buildings that are shared by multiple sides and still get sorted properly. For example, to avoid having to make a seperate Pavement for each side, when they are really identical.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to post feature requests, use this.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares

Nobody will look around every forum in search for feature requests (especially if you keep making multiple unrelated suggestions in one randomly named thread).

As for Millennium's request, if you want to have "shared" structures, create structure clones. "Sharing" structures and units is something that's already possible using existing Ares features, there's no need to expand AIBasePlanningSide into a list.

Last edited by mevitar on Wed May 20, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and how about the attach thing is it possible to have a Unit+invisible building =mobile factory

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attach Effect is unrelated to attaching units. Mig Eater already explained how it works.

It's all in the manual, you know. Wink

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:

As for Millennium's request, if you want to have "shared" structures, create structure clones. "Sharing" structures and units is something that's already possible using existing Ares features, there's no need to expand AIBasePlanningSide into a list.

But we got FactoryOwners for just that reason of having shared production facilities >< now we can't sort them properly and would still need clones. Which FactoryOwners was meant to avoid.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't thinking about FactoryOwners.

Customizable prerequisite groups
GroupAs

Create clone structures. Add GroupAs to each. Create new prerequisite group with them listed. Add them as prerequisites.
Players won't know there's any difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon