Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Best Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun Mod Ever!
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
VideoGamerJ
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject:  Best Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun Mod Ever! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I've been playing RotD just about everyday for the past month now. This game is simply awesome and I hope more people find out about it. Compared to all the other mods I have played (no offense, as some are hosted here), I find this one the most professional and most fun to play. By keeping the game so closely intact with the original with the Tiberian Sun feel, you have really created an awesome game. The only bad thing in my opinion is that the music rotation gets annoying because there are only 4 tracks, but nonetheless, the other day I ripped all of my original music and imported it.

I wanted to register to this board just so I could say how awesome this game really is. I give you my full support for this incredible mod!

Also, my friend uploaded a RotD POTD on PlanetCNC and like 10 people asked him where he could get that mod, awesome, no?

Thanks!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The RotD hosted at Planet CnC sucks compared to the latest version! Get the version 2.3 here... it's much, much better.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

VideoGamerJ
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats what I am playing 2.3. I can't wait for the next release!

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you think that RoTD could be better, start to make your own MOD using RoTD as base. It could be fine if a day the community could see TS RoTD: Tiberian Whatsoeveryouwant, maybe with new units (of course, that fit the time story, not something like Titan, Mammoth Mark II or other things like this), new structures and new solo mission.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is that  even allowed without permission

VideoGamerJ
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I want in future releases is all the music tracks from TD (and possibly it's expansions) available to everyone as well as Single Player missions.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would kinda be a major violation of copyright... there are kinda limits, don't you think? EA still sells C&C95...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course, create a total conversion means that the modders are trying to introduce all the shp's (for building and units) and voxels to make a version of the game very near to the original game. But, is not good, for them, to create an exacly copy of the game. Remember that to play TD, you have to buy the game. Pretend to use RoTD to play TD missions, without paying a cent, is bad. Of course, who have the original game, could use XCC tools to extract the music files and hear them in the game.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, EA still sell C&C95?!?!?!?!!1!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding all the music directly to the mod would increase the size by more than 40 MB, else I would have done it.

And singleplayer is just a lot of work, and I don't have time for that.
Not to forget about that copyright thingy.

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

And singleplayer is just a lot of work, and I don't have time for that.
Not to forget about that copyright thingy.

This is a very bad news. It would be interesting to play at soloplayer campaign of TD, Covert Ops and Dino missions.  Crying or Very sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:
Banshee, EA still sell C&C95?!?!?!?!!1!

Yes, on packages, but they do... and this makes the package cost more than it should.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saw RA1 and Dune 2000 both for 5 euro here in Belgium. Can't find C&C95 or any of the C&C game expansions anywhere though.

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i saw german C&C gold edition in austria few months ago

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. Didn't buy it? :p

it's hilariously crappy.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ebay :p

VideoGamerJ
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, my problem seems to be that whenever I have all the music inserted, I cannot play with my friends as we get version mismatch. I am creating a seperate rotdxp09 file with only the new music and of course the new .ini which recognizes the music.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon