Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[4] Tournament Platform
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject:  [4] Tournament Platform
Subject description: Tournament Map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Click on the image to view the map in actual size)

Description: First in a series of modular, synthetic battlefields, the TI-Industries M-XT Tournament Platform guarantees a blizkrieg between four gladiator-commanders. If you think this product doesn't offer enough carnage for your twisted needs, try its bigger cousin, the XL-XT. It's got twice the space for twice the action!

Order yours now for just 5,000,000 credits!

(Disclaimer: The TI-Industries is not responsible for any casualties and/or property damage resulting from use and/or misuse of its products)

Type: Tournament

Author: Crimsonum

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple but nice. I like the idea a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess moles and emp is disabled, yes?

BTW have never seen that GT aa turret before, is it new?

And this reminds me that I wanna finish my map... *fires up FinalTI*

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, in a good way.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[TiberianFuture] wrote:
I guess moles and emp is disabled, yes?

Nah, I re-enabled them on all the close combat maps since it adds additional tactics, plus each problem can be countered by the other quite easily.

[TiberianFuture] wrote:
BTW have never seen that GT aa turret before, is it new?

They've been in build for quite a while. GloboTech EMP Patriot Missile Batteries.

[TiberianFuture] wrote:
And this reminds me that I wanna finish my map... *fires up FinalTI*

Good stuff, I hate mapping right about now cause of how long it took me to finalize the difficulty and possibility levels on Nod Challenge 01...

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, looks artificial Very Happy

Looks like a great map for a fast-paced online-game Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Simple but nice. I like the idea a lot.

It's inspired by Generals' popular map Tournament Island. I wanted to have such simple yet efficient design in TI as well.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map updated. They say third time's the charm.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I dislike the fact that the Cranes with the Tiberium Vinefera have dissappeared.

However, I also believe it is an overall improvement, the map being now perfectly symmetrical.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't like the way they connected to the base platforms, and I couldn't leave them without a land connection as otherwise GDI would have had an advantage. They also diverted focus away from the main platform.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always liked that part because the old Tournament Platform was one of the few rare maps in TI (and even C&C in general) where you had the possibility to expand to the rear, which some players may prefer.

That does not mean that expanding to the rear is generally a good option - but I'd like to see a bunch of maps in TI where that option at least exists since that number is dreadfully low right now. I counted a few 2 Player maps, though in those maps these rear outposts are generally on or near a flanking route (Tiers of Sorrow II for example), and there is also the 6-player map ...And a Hard Place (though lol @ destructable bridges there especially if Superweapons are disabled).

There is also no map with a construction outpost w/o Tiberium fields near it (in other words, just existing to provide a tactical advantage - possibly at a choke point that leads to the rear entrance of your base?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon